Still waiting, but...........

This is a discussion on Still waiting, but........... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm still waiting to get my final NY permit, but have been doing some intense looking. Well today I think the looking is over, I ...

Thread: Still waiting, but...........

Upstate New York

I'm still waiting to get my final NY permit, but have been doing some intense looking. Well today I think the looking is over, I put $ down on a S&W model# 4013 .40 cal with two eight round mags for under $400. It felt very nice in my left hand, and the weight and caliber, and size are what I was looking for. I hope I made a wise choice.

VIP Member
    I really like those older 4013's (I'm not a fan of the next generation of the 4013's...with the double-column mags). I think you made a great choice....sorta like a 3913 9mm on steroids.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Away - Health Problems
    Let us know how it shoots and how ya like carrying it after ya get your permit

VIP Member (Retired Staff) Array P95Carry's Avatar
    South West PA
    Price seems pretty fair and tho not a Smith semi afficionado - that does seem like a pretty fair choice being the single stacker.

Do give feedback on performance etc later.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!." - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Derry, NH
    I think you made a fine choice. That's a nice looking little rig you got yourself there. I certainly wouldn't mind picking one up sometime. Sharp looking little gun.
    "You've never lived until you've almost died. For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know" - T.R.

<----My LT was unhappy that I did not have my PASS-Tag at that fire. But I found the body so he said he would overlook it. :)

VIP Member
    Looks like a nice pistol. I just bought a new carry pistol last month and the S & W 3913 was on my short list along with the Sig P239. I finally bought the Sig, but the Smiths are fine pieces of equipment. I also have a Model 439 from 1983 that is a terrific shooter, just a little to big for me to carry.

Hang in there, hopefully your permit will arrive soon.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links