Zerorecoil?

Zerorecoil?

This is a discussion on Zerorecoil? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Has anybody checked out Stealth IR - Recoil Reduction ? thoughts? I find the recoil of my Beretta 92FS tolerable with Winchester 147gr JHP, which ...

Thread: Zerorecoil?

Question Zerorecoil?

Has anybody checked out Stealth IR - Recoil Reduction ?

thoughts?

I find the recoil of my Beretta 92FS tolerable with Winchester 147gr JHP, which where on sale at the local range. I chose a lower-recoiling round because I am in the process of recovering from repetitive stress injury (not firearms related) to my right hand.

Found this website somewhat interesting, and wondered if anybody else stumbled across it or perhaps has even purchased one of their products.

VIP Member
    Inserts are laser punched back-slanted holes in the muzzle reducing both recoil & muzzle rise to zero trippling accuracy & speed, for sharp shooting, & protection.
    Nothing new, just another name for a compensated gun, or muzzle brake system. Gasses are vented up and back to help reduce muzzle flip. While nice to have on a competition gun or hunting rifle, I still have reservations on a defensive weapon.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    Granted, its not new although the videos are great for illustration purposes. Could possibly swing-vote some folks that are on the fence. In a completely 'uninhibited' shooting, I can see the value for sure.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Old tech sold as snake oil

I agree ok for target plinking but certainly not for carry. The muzzle flash is blinding, especially in low light or dark!!
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

If you are looking to reduce recoil get one of these. I didn't think they would do much but my buddy put them in his sig 220 and there is almost less recoil then my 226 9mm. We also put one in a customers 92 and it sorta felt like shooting a .22. For $25 bucks they are well worth it. They also use the standard recoil spring.
    ‘‘To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them.’’

— George Mason

Please help me out rathos. I find nothing on the web sight for $25 bucks. Seems that the "reducers" start at $195. A bit much for my blood!

Quote Originally Posted by rathos View Post
    If you are looking to reduce recoil get one of these. I didn't think they would do much but my buddy put them in his sig 220 and there is almost less recoil then my 226 9mm. We also put one in a customers 92 and it sorta felt like shooting a .22. For $25 bucks they are well worth it. They also use the standard recoil spring.

Was there to be a link in your post? I am doubting you were referring to the zerorecoil webpage, because I do not see anything for $25 there either.

Administrator
    You could try a Sprinco.
    The DO make it somewhat difficult to manually lock the slide back though.
    They do somewhat reduce felt recoil and the jarring impact of the slide slamming to the rear.
    Sprinco USA, Recoil Reducers
    Also look at MagNaPort for about the best porting available.

Sponsored Links