Browning BDM 9mm

Browning BDM 9mm

This is a discussion on Browning BDM 9mm within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I found one of these in a pawn shop. One 10 rd mag and a cheap holster. The gun seems to be in very good ...

Thread: Browning BDM 9mm

Browning BDM 9mm

I found one of these in a pawn shop. One 10 rd mag and a cheap holster. The gun seems to be in very good condition. Any info on this gun would be apprieciated. Any idea of value? They are aking $395.

VIP Member
    Guns America shows prices from $535. to $895., most running in the $5-600. range, so the price they're asking is a good deal, DEPENDING on the condition of the gun. Of course if they are asking $395. for it, they probably have $100-125. in it.

Any time you are buying a used gun from a pawn shop (or anywhere else for that matter), make it a conditional sell. Get it in writing that if when checked by a gunsmith, there are safety issues, you can return it for a full refund. Then take it immediately to a gunsmith to have it looked over. Reliability and feed issues, if there are any, will most likely be on you to fix.
    Freedom doesn't come free. It is bought and paid for by the lives and blood of our men and women in uniform.

USAF Retired
    NRA Life Member

not a bad price. nice gun. it you have a need for it, get it.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

Good pistol. Very underrated. I've shot several and like them immensely. It's one of those pistols that should've took off in the sales category but didn't. Fabulous ergonomics, recoil control is stellar, and the trigger is decent. Hard to beat that price, too. Besides, it's a Browning!

If I recall correctly, the BDM can be changed from DA/SA to DAO. It's a unique gun. That's about all I know about it though.
    "To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." Ted Nugent

SIC VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM.

BDM

I know this is an old thread, but just in case anyone is googling and hits this post...
    The BDM was a great gun. It was 15+1, and was originally designed for the CIA as I remember. It is about the same frame size as the High Power, but is double action (or double action only, or revolver mode). This change is accomplished by a rotary switch on the slide. There is a screwdriver like end on the magazine that is used to change from Double Action Only (Revolver Mode), or normal mode where shot 1 is double action, and each subsequent shot is single action.
    So why didn't the BDM take off... it was SOLELY because of the Brady Bill. The gun hit the shelves a couple of years before the bill went into effect, and became popular right before the bill. The genius of the gun was the very slim handle, yet still held 15 in the mag, and when the Brady bill hit, it was restricted to 10+1 (I bought one of the last 15+1 guns)
    It is very thin compared to most wonder 9's, and isn't bad as a shooter.

This guy died due to bad timing. Who knows what might have been....

I have one, with two 15 round mags. It's about 1" thick and carries much like a 1911. The only gripe seems to be the safety works backward to a 1911, up is fire.

Links