Thinking about a Glock..

This is a discussion on Thinking about a Glock.. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm looking for any feedback on the Glock 27. I've narrowed it down to that model and wondering how anyone who owns one, likes it? ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thinking about a Glock..

Thinking about a Glock..

I'm looking for any feedback on the Glock 27. I've narrowed it down to that model and wondering how anyone who owns one, likes it? It's not too small of a grip for the .40? Other than one round difference, it looks exactly the same as the 26. I'm leaning toward the .40. Thanks for any advice

2. Remove Ads

Personally, I think the G27 is great! It was my very first pistol bought specific for concealed carry. I like the 40S&W round as well...best balance of ballistics IMO. The G27 is the same physical size as the G26. I have used the Pearce +1 (PG-2733) pinkie magazine extensions and I like them, but I do like the most recent ones I have (PG-26) better. I also carry my G27 with stock magazine bases very effectively and shoot as well without the grip extensions. Strong or weak hand only firing is no problem for me and the G27. Personally, I think it's the best Glock offering in the sub-compacts. Other than that, the G27 appears to be really popular around here.

Thanks RamRod, that helps. I too would prefer the .40. I would go with the 36 except for the 6 round clip. I like fat bullets!

Don't discount the Glock-36, and it's actually 6 + 1...enough for any Wally World parking lot situation...and the bullets are BIG.
    Any Glock you choose will serve you well.IMHO
    The '36' is my EDC.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

The 27 is my off-duty weapon. Carrys and shoots very well. The .40 is very managable in the subcompact IMO.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

mrm
    I got a Glock 27 a while back and shot it very well but then had a lapse in judgement and ended up selling it, I could not live with myself for doing something so stupid so I found the guy and bought it back from him before he fell in love with it. Wonderful guns
    "I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use."
    - Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

Mic
    I own, shoot, carry and love Glock 27, cant go wrong with this handgun
    Timid people sleep peacefully at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Molôn Labé!

Thanks to everybody..I think it's a wrap. I would choose the .45 but it also is a leeetle bit bigger too, and I want the smallest package with the biggest bite.

get the g27. i got one and it is the best. you can get the long wolf 9mm conversion barrel and some g26 mags and you got two guns in one. all you got to do is change out barrel and mags, now you shooting 9mm. also you can get a 357 sig barrel and use the g27 mags. now you got three guns in one.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

I never wanted a Glock and used to actually put them down, but after purchasing my 27 a week ago, I am actually scared of how fast it may multiply. I had a problem initially that turned out to be an ammo problem. Tried different ammo and it is scary how accurate this little pistol is. If you go with the 27, I think you will love it.
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

kpw
    The 27 was the first other than full size Glock I bought. I've had 2 and will have another. Great choice.
    Last edited by kpw; February 14th, 2010 at 11:11 AM. Reason: oops
    "In a republic this rule ought to be observed: that the majority should not have the predominant power." -
    -- Marcus Tullius Cicero

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Don't discount the Glock-36, and it's actually 6 + 1...enough for any Wally World parking lot situation...and the bullets are BIG.
    The '36' is my EDC.
    I really like the 36 but saying 7 rounds is enough when you need it is pretty presumptive IMO.

As for the G27, many find the recoil to be a bit "snappy" but with a good grip, it won't be a problem. If you think that is what you want, I say go for it!

Senior Member Array Sportsterguy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    The '36' is my EDC.
    Nothing like a big old .45 to keep you alive!
    Sportsterguy-NRA Life Member

Molon Labe!

Join the NRA today, or don't complain when your guns are taken away!

I didn't like them either. I thought they were too much of a fad and never bought one until I shot a buddy's G19 and then I was hooked. I bought a G30 and then a G21 and now a G26 for CCW. They are great.

Shima, Don't be sayin' that or I'm not going to even look at one. I've run out of room in the safe already. And no, I'm not getting another safe,haha..I already have a second one. Is there a 'Firearms Anonymous 'or something??

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links