Glock 19

Glock 19

This is a discussion on Glock 19 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am new to this website and I am looking at buying a glock 19, I was just looking for some advice and reviews on ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Glock 19

Glock 19

I am new to this website and I am looking at buying a glock 19, I was just looking for some advice and reviews on the 19. Thanks for the help everyone.

SpencerB- Welcome!
    I have owned many handguns. The more I shoot, the more I'm drawn to Glock. Of all the Glocks (and guns out there) The G19 is king of the mountain.

1. Reliability
    2. Size / conceal-ability
    3. Magazine Capacity.

I have about 6000 rounds through mine- over 1200 in one day. It eats every brand of ammo and is accurate.

Great choice.
    G-23, 27, 35 (all .40)
    G-29 10mm
    H&K 45c
    Les Baer Thunder Ranch 5"

Thank you, I have shot a few different glocks and really like the size of the glock 19. I am looking to conceal it as well, I am 5'10" 150lbs, and I am looking at a galco iwb holster for the 19.

VIP Member
    The G19 is one of the most efficient "fighting" handguns ever developed. It ain't purty, and it won't win you any originality contests, but it WILL get the job done.

It is as good a choice as any - and far better than most - for a CC handgun.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    The Glock 19 is probably Glock's most popular handgun and for good reasons, you will not be disappointed!
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

kpw
    Going back aways but nobody ever said it better than OPFOR.

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...lock-19-a.html
    "In a republic this rule ought to be observed: that the majority should not have the predominant power." -
    -- Marcus Tullius Cicero

A top-notch Glock, you can't go wrong with the G-19...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Simply an outstanding choice...arguably the best available for defensive carry.

Even shooters who don't like Glocks respect the Glock 19. I carry one every day and the only aftermarket accessory I use on it are some 10-8 Performance sights. Nothing else is needed.

I recently bought a new Gen 4 Glock 17, which is a fine pistol, but shooting it side by side with my G19 is telling. The G19 features LESS recoil and handles better. Of course, recoil from 9mm Glock is insignificant anyway, but there is a TELLING difference in favor of the G19. If I had it to do all over again, I would've waited until the Gen 4 G19 comes out this spring and not bought the G17. The G19 is THAT good.

One more aside, I have some SF buddies at Fort Campbell, KY who often spend a lot of time overseas in the sandbox. They are allowed to carry any handgun they wish. Their choice? Glock 19s.

If I had known what I know now I would have bought the 19 first...I have the 23 and love it, but the 19 is an awesome fighting gun.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

I have both the G17 and the G19.

Love em both but the G19 is my concealed EDC.
    Samwolf

"One of the ordinary modes, by which tyrants accomplish their purposes without resistance, is, by disarming the people, and making it an offense to keep arms."

-- Supreme Court Justice Joseph Story, 1840

Sold mine to my B in law to buy a G27, but that thing was one fine weapon. I might go up a notch in caliber if I was you, but that is purely a matter of taste. That thing was perfect for me every time.
    "Some men, you just can't reach"

Great buy, you did good! I 'm saving my $$ to get one too. Just bought the baby bro or sis to the 19, the awesome G26.

Well, there's not much more I can say that hasn't already been said. I'll say excellent choice! I carried a G19 for a couple of years since I got turned on to the Glock compacts, but I moved up to the G23 when the time was right since the G19 concealed so well for me. I see so many posts with the size and weight factored in. Deep down, your physical characteristics have little to do with what you think you'll be able to carry. Carry is a life changing opportunity, where there's a will, there's a way, and let nothing stand in the way of what you're after. I'm sort of biased toward Glocks to start with, but in the mix of things, I do truly think the G19 is the epitome of what Glock is all about especially when it comes to concealed carry. A good foundation so-to-speak. We all start somewhere. I'm just hoping your reasons for choosing a Glock 19 are well founded so as not to lead to possible disappointments despite what input you're taking in from "advice". Advice is just as good as a pistol tossed into your hands at the last minute......you've got to know how to use it to get the most out of it. You'll make of it what you will, and by no means list your physical make up as criteria for you being able to do anything.
    Welcome to the forum!

good gun hard to beat. take a look at the g23. you can down size the g23 to a g19 by changing the barrel and mag. the long wolf 9mm conversion barrel and some g19 mags, now you got two guns. pickup a 357 sig barrel, use the g23 mags and now you got three guns.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

I can think of only one gun better than the G19. The G23!
    Glock 22, 27 Gen 4
    Ruger SP101 .357mag
    S&W 637 Airweight
    Ruger Single Six
    Ruger Blackhawk Bisley 45 Colt
    Mossberg 835 Grand Slam

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links