Two guns she liked at the gun show...

This is a discussion on Two guns she liked at the gun show... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey Everyone, Was at the gun show today and my fiancee looked at guns for her. She like two in particular. She liked the Charter ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Two guns she liked at the gun show...

Hey Everyone,

Was at the gun show today and my fiancee looked at guns for her. She like two in particular. She liked the Charter Arms Lady Lavender (.38SPL) and the Ruger LCR (.38SPL). I prefer the LCR between the two (even ignoring the purple color of the CA LL), but I promised I'd ask this community for advice on the subject.

I don't know anything about Charter Arms. Anyone have any thoughts on the company and quality of the firearms?

If anyone owns one or the other, or has fired one or the other, would anyone car to share thoughts on that? Any input would be greatly appreciated.
    "Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death." -- General Omar Bradley

My fiance owns the Charter Arms " Pink Lady " in .38spl. And, its a great gun. We took it, and my 9mm Smith and Wesson shooting a few days back, and man did it shoot great. I almost preferred it over my sigma. It's lightweight, packs alot of punch, easy to conceal in a purse, and surprisingly accurate. I wouldn't hesitate for a second to recommend one of these guns to anyone. Especially for a woman!

Distinguished Member Array Siafu's Avatar
    The trigger in the LCR is superb. Much better than the trigger in my S&W 642. I have not shot or dry fired a Charter in all fairness.

The LCR rules.
    Have Fun and Shoot Straight !!

my wife has a charter arms undercover shes had it about 15 years now great little gun

One of the advantages I see on the LCR over the LL is the hammerless design. I wonder how the hammer could catch on a draw stroke from a purse.
    "Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death." -- General Omar Bradley

VIP Member
    I'd say go for the Charter LL... I tend to stay away from 1st year production guns. I like the look and feel of the LCR, but have heard some reports of problems...
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

TGC
    I owned a Charter Arms Undercover...sold it after a few months. Timing went..had to send it back to for repair....when I came back to me I sold it off. I know nothing about the LCR other than I think it is extremely ugly.

The LCR is the overall better choice. I would have her look at a 442/642 also.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Quote Originally Posted by gdm320 View Post
    Hey Everyone,

Was at the gun show today and my fiancee looked at guns for her. She like two in particular. She liked the Charter Arms Lady Lavender (.38SPL) and the Ruger LCR (.38SPL). I prefer the LCR between the two (even ignoring the purple color of the CA LL), but I promised I'd ask this community for advice on the subject.

I don't know anything about Charter Arms. Anyone have any thoughts on the company and quality of the firearms?

If anyone owns one or the other, or has fired one or the other, would anyone car to share thoughts on that? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

the trigger on the LCR is probably the BEST trigger out of the box ive ever felt on a Revolver(meaning stock) go with the LCR. I have at least fry fired to test the trigger of most of the CC type revolvers on the market and the LCR is by far the best..I want one bad..I just cant drop that much $$ on a Revolver right now for CC..im gonna get that trigger spring kit for the Taurus and see if it helps.

Keep shopping...

Quote Originally Posted by BmDubb View Post
    My fiance owns the Charter Arms " Pink Lady " in .38spl. And, its a great gun. We took it, and my 9mm Smith and Wesson shooting a few days back, and man did it shoot great. I almost preferred it over my sigma. It's lightweight, packs alot of punch, easy to conceal in a purse, and surprisingly accurate. I wouldn't hesitate for a second to recommend one of these guns to anyone. Especially for a woman!
    When I was shopping for my 442, my local gun shop guru handed me a Charter Arms pink snubbie and said, "The baddest dude in the county should carry this gun. If a dude has the cahones to pull a pink gun on someone, he won't think twice about sooting them." I took a look at it and handed it back to him and said, "I'm apparently not the baddest dude in the county...I'll take the black one." The guys in the shop all laughed. They said they've been using that line on guys for years and still haven't talked a guy into buying one yet.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by sysmgr View Post
    Keep shopping...
    Right Answer!!
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

People can say "keep shopping" all day long but if mama likes one of these I don't see either one being a poor choice. My wife is an excellen shot with her Charter Arms Undercover "Pink Lady" and enjoys carrying it. Charter builds a rock solid gun with a 1-piece frame. Ours has been reliable so far and the gun is +P rated. Fit and finish are nice and the grips are extremely comfortable. At 12oz the gun kicks quite a bit with +P rounds but we only tried 10 shots of her SD ammo. All of the standard pressure rounds have been sweet to shoot. We picked up a Tagua leather OWB holster for a J-frame and it fits the CA like a glove. I like the gun enough that I'll be buying myself a non-pink version in the near future. Oh, the Charter Arms website has the bobbed hammers for $20 or so.

Last edited by MattInFla; February 15th, 2010 at 07:44 AM. Reason: Fixed image tag

Distinguished Member Array PastorPack's Avatar
    Two things:

1) Get her what she likes, not what you like.

2) If at all possible, get to a range with rentals (or find a friend who has one)and have her shoot what she is considering. It's really the only way for her to know.
    God is love (1 John 4:8)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links