Kahr PM9 Kaboom!

Kahr PM9 Kaboom!

This is a discussion on Kahr PM9 Kaboom! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...hr-pm9-kaboom/ Kahr and Kimber are two brands that don't really inspire a lot of confidence in me. Although the customer service resolution was favorable. YMMV...

Thread: Kahr PM9 Kaboom!

Distinguished Member Array Siafu's Avatar

Kahr PM9 Kaboom!

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...hr-pm9-kaboom/

Kahr and Kimber are two brands that don't really inspire a lot of confidence in me. Although the customer service resolution was favorable. YMMV

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    well he was making his wife shoot reloads out of a sub compact 9mm he didn't reload himself
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

lol, sounds like he was out to get his wife... Here Honey let me shoot these 100 store bought factory loads, then you can shoot this ziplock bag of bullets I got from some dude... lol jk

why do people think its strange that with some funky RELOADS something blows up???

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    Looks like the pistol functioned exactly as it was intended and designed. The side panel popped releasing the pressure safely. Glad to see how quickly Kahr responded. I shoot a lot of ammo through my Kahrs, so it's good to know they work well in bad situations.

Quote Originally Posted by Siafu View Post
    Kahr and Kimber are two brands that don't really inspire a lot of confidence in me. Although the customer service resolution was favorable. YMMV
    - What about all of the Glock and Springfield "kaboom" threads? A simple google search will bring up any make and model.

Do you lump them in with Kahr and Kimber? If you're going to play with unknown reloads, what do you expect to happen to any gun?

Chevrolet s don't inspire much confidence in me. One night after being out drinking the darn car crashed into a tree. Go figure.

Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahrdoor View Post
    Chevrolet s don't inspire much confidence in me. One night after being out drinking the darn car crashed into a tree. Go figure.
    We were talking about reloads, not 'getting loaded'... good point, though!
    Recently updated website: http://www.damagedphotorepair.com

Scary stuff. I've never heard a cross word about Georgia Arms Reman ammo that I can think of.

Buddy of mine KB-ed his M1A with Ultramax reloads. Blew the mag apart, cracked the stock from mag well to gas block, and locked the bolt to the rear.

Reloads are more often suspect, but let's not forget the batch of Remington UMC from a while back that was about 5% squib loads.

same thing happened to me about 2 weeks ago. look up my post (it happened today) sorry don't know how to paste a post. all i lost was my extractor pin. my side plate was ok. look up my post i have a picture of the case that blew up. i guess mine was bad ammo, sure hope it isn't the gun, i love my kahr's good luck

I reload my .357's and .40's and have been known to carry a ziplock bag with a couple of hundred rounds to the range. I was a little offended one day when a friend refused to use some of my reloads in his Sig. But now that I think about it, would I use a round that wasn't new or personally didn't reload?

I shoot my dad's reloads, and he's been doing this for a good 40 years, but he called me one day and asked me to look at a batch of .38's that he may have reloaded to .357. All of his batches are well marked with type of primer, type and weight of powder, and bullet type. They were good and he was just over-concerned that he may have made a mistake.

I'll shoot my dad's reloads because I know his quality control. But I won't shoot anyone else's. And I can't blame anyone for not trusting my reloads if they haven't watched me reload them.

GM
    You might not like Kahr and Kimber very much, but this time you cannot blame the firearm. People should know better than using unknown reloads; and if they do not, then they should not complain when accidents happen. Furthermore, I cannot see what part of “the instruction manual says do not shoot reloads/reman ammo” is so difficult to understand. I own a Kahr and it is very reliable gun, and the customer service is amazing.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Sponsored Links