Bersa Pistols Showing Up At Local Gunshops

This is a discussion on Bersa Pistols Showing Up At Local Gunshops within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hmmm. Two years ago, I was shopping around for a Bersa .380 and visited the two gun shops in my area: GS #1: "Those are ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bersa Pistols Showing Up At Local Gunshops

Bersa Pistols Showing Up At Local Gunshops

Hmmm.

Two years ago, I was shopping around for a Bersa .380 and visited the two gun shops in my area:

GS #1: "Those are junk, we don't sell that junk" [smug look on face of guy behind counter]

GS #2: "We don't sell those crap guns, along with Hi-Points" [again a smug look]

Fast forward to 2010:

GS #1: has a Bersa Thunder 9 and a nickel Thunder .380 in the case

GS #2: has a Thunder 380CC in the case

I guess the word got out about the reliability and what a value these are for the price!

Hmmmm...
    "Naked and Starving as They are We Cannot Enough Admire the Incomparable Patience and Fidelity of the Soldiery" George Washington, Valley Forge, 1777.

2. Remove Ads

they are great guns imo i had a thunder 45 no problems a buddy has a 380 and he carrys it every day

Bersa's are nice pistols, they are manufactured in Argentina. I watched a guy at our local range shoot one in .380 when I was there shooting and it worked flawlessly. He let me see it during a break in our shooting and it was nice. He said he'd never heard of it, but while traveling through Maryland on business he saw it in a gun shop and couldn't beat the price he paid for it.

When we bought the wife's Ruger LCP, I looked at a Bersa just for fun. It was .40 or .45 can't remember but it felt great in my hand. It was cheaper than the comparable Taurus or Ruger. The guy said "I can write it up for you!"

"I bet you can," I replied as I handed it back telling to hide this thing before I get too used to it! I have considered the Bersa many times following this incident.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    No opinion on either gun, but I bet both stores learned to carry what sells.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

i have bersa 380 thunder, put at least 400 rnds thru it. it is my last resort gun. it was brought in 1993 for 185.00, i like the gun, small compact and placed about anywhere concealed. my bersa is been good side arm for last couple years of ownership

People may have less money, but they still want a gun. They just buy cheaper ones now???

CMR
    I'm still kicking myself for not picking up one of those Bersa .380's (even though I don't consider a .380 as a CPL gun). A local gun show years ago had a bunch of them priced out at $109 each.

Quote Originally Posted by CMR View Post
    I'm still kicking myself for not picking up one of those Bersa .380's (even though I don't consider a .380 as a CPL gun). A local gun show years ago had a bunch of them priced out at $109 each.
    Yes, they are running about $300 these days. Still a good value for what you get. I just sold my 380CC due to the shortage of .380 ammo, and of course about two weeks after I do that, .380 starts appearing again in all the gunshops and Walmarts around here!
    "Naked and Starving as They are We Cannot Enough Admire the Incomparable Patience and Fidelity of the Soldiery" George Washington, Valley Forge, 1777.

TGC
    I bought a Bersa Thunder DLX .380 a few years ago for $160...I was in the gunshop this weekend and checked one out...they are going for over $320 now.
    It is the only handgun I have that has NEVER had a single malfunction...I can't count how many rounds I've put through it!

I sure love mine.

15 yards standing and one-handed, small sights and lousy eyesight.

CMR
    Nice holster.
    What make and model?
    For a lot of people, being a victim is a way of Life. That's a Life I choose NOT to live.

A Shepherd must tend to his Flock. And at times........fight off the wolves.

yes at one time they were low price. now they are not. most of them, about 97% work with no problems. the rest need so small work to make them run. i don't know why they got a bad rap when they were cheap. now they are higher price and all the gun shops are selling them. i have has several over the years, sold them all, wish i kept some, but i did not.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

Quote Originally Posted by CMR View Post
    Nice holster.
    What make and model?
    UBG Bonneville.

i used mine for quailfy with for ccw permit. the instructor asked where i got the thunder. i put at 5,7, 10, and 15 yards out 50 required to get permit 40 within 9&10. i did pretty good target shooting. i like it to go plinking once and a while up own property. it's just about what i want in a small frame gun. maybe they changed the way the bersa 380 is made these days. i will not part with my litte toy. plan on keeping it cleaned and maintained for the future .

And an all steel frame to boot on the Bersa. I'm not sure who other manufacturers are trying to fool with words like "polymer blend" and the like. That just means good old fashioned plastic in my book.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links