Tell me about the Glock 33

This is a discussion on Tell me about the Glock 33 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm curious about the Glock 33 and the .357sig round as well. Whats the recoil impulse of the .357sig compared to the .40S&W? I've some ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 1911luver

Thread: Tell me about the Glock 33

I'm curious about the Glock 33 and the .357sig round as well. Whats the recoil impulse of the .357sig compared to the .40S&W? I've some tell me that the .357 is more of a strong push straight back vs. the quick abrupt snap of the .40S&W,is this right? Also I know shot placement is key is the .357sig a good defensive round as well?

I remember when the .357sig round came out it toted as having "magnum performance" in an auto pistol,does the sig round in the 125gr flavor really duplicate the 125 .357magnum loads in the man stopper category?
    myglock33 likes this.
    Snub nose revolvers,the original concealed carry guns.

Just do it.

Dont think you would like my comment on the Glock, so I want say anything bout that.
    As far as the 357 Sig goes I carry one on occasionand I feel like it is probably the best defensive round ever,The air Marshalls use it as well as the NC Highway Patrol here in our state.
    Definately use the 124 gr. bullet that is what this caliber was designed around, you will not be disappointed with the round, the gun choice im not so sure of.
    Well You Boys Gonna Pull Them Pistols, Or Whistle Dixie.

I carry a G32 and love the round. I also have a G33, but find it just as easy to conceal the 32, so it doesn't get much carry time. The recoil is very fast and back. For one of the best ammo prices, I use Georgia Arms Canned Heat...$300/1000. I carry Double Tap loaded with 125 gr Speer Gold Dots.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

I have the G27, while a friend carries the G33. The recoil is MUCH different. The G33 was more of a straight back, powerful push, while the G27, in my opinion, is more of an upward flash. I think both are great guns, and I'll eventually add the G33 to it. I carry a G27 now with a G26 on the way, due midweek.

If you don't have a Glock already, be aware: they multiply.

VIP Member
    Hiding inside a bottle of Jim Beam Black.
    It's a Glock. What needs to be said?

The round is a good one, feeds well. The drawback is in reloading. Bottleneck cases are slower to reload (lubing req'd). The rounds is based on the .40 S&W but is not made from those casings. Sig brass is longer and thicker.

The bullet is actually .355 (9mm), not .357. Most .355 rounds aren't designed for the velocity of the .357 Sig, so bullet selection is limited. Must use flat-nosed bullets.

Ammo availability is limited, not so much that it can't be found, but in selection.

Penetration is better than most SD rounds, against car doors, interior walls, etc. but not overpenetrating. LEO reports of using the .357 Sig claim the bullets are often found on the backside of victim in the clothing. Just about equal to the .357 Mag in the 125 grn, but not in heavier weights.

Conversion barrels are readily available to change the G33 to shoot 9mm or .40. The 9mm would require 9mm mags also.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Glock 33 experience

Quote Originally Posted by 1911luver View Post
    I'm curious about the Glock 33 and the .357sig round as well. Whats the recoil impulse of the .357sig compared to the .40S&W? I've some tell me that the .357 is more of a strong push straight back vs. the quick abrupt snap of the .40S&W,is this right? Also I know shot placement is key is the .357sig a good defensive round as well?

I remember when the .357sig round came out it toted as having "magnum performance" in an auto pistol,does the sig round in the 125gr flavor really duplicate the 125 .357magnum loads in the man stopper category?
    My Glock 33 is all I had wished for. Easy CC. Reliable. ( I have NEVER had a mechanical problem.) The only thing I changed were the slide lock tabs. I've chewed up some fingernails trying to get both tabs down at the same time. Bought the extended tabs ( about 10 bucks ) and all is well. I have put about 600 .357 rounds thru it. I also bought a 9mm conversion barrel from Storm Lake. Again, no problems. About the same number of 9mm thru it. I'm a believer. Mikey

Sponsored Links