Ah geeze... I might buy a pink gun...

This is a discussion on Ah geeze... I might buy a pink gun... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by fastk9dad If you ever had to pull it in SD you wouldn't even have to shoot... the BG would die from laughter. ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ah geeze... I might buy a pink gun...

Quote Originally Posted by fastk9dad View Post
    If you ever had to pull it in SD you wouldn't even have to shoot...

the BG would die from laughter.
    Works for me, saves $$ on ammo.

Which, regarding ammo, .380 would suck for a shooter for the girl due to price and availability. I would imagine if another gander had the 9mm, it would be clearanced as well.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    I just couldn't even touch a pink gun, I'm not the pink and frilly type, and I tend to snicker to myself when I see one.
    Pink is bad enough to me but I really wondered about a customer who wanted a purple 1911 embroidered on a fleece jacket, and remembered the customer is always right. He loved the jacket, me err...
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

Lead Moderator
    Pink was once considered a very masculine color, so I've read. Just because you're about 200 years late on that.......
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    pink ... is .... not .... for .... me
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Quote Originally Posted by tokerblue View Post
    Just tell everyone it's Salmon.
    LOL Only one other person so far gets the reference? Awesome response!

Also, I honestly wouldn't buy this gun, even for my wife. Even though it's for CC, everyone's gun inadvertently peeks out every now and then. Only with this gun, everyone is sure to notice. A big line or blurb of pink isn't going to go unnoticed over a little piece of black.

My wife owned a Keltec P3at for 3 years. She shot it great but I could never get her to carry it. One day we were shopping and she saw a pink revolver she liked. We shot it and bought it. Now she won't leave the house without it. I don't get it but hey, if it gets her to carry it then.... whatever...

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    If you pull out a pink gun and the BG dies laughing, is that considered using lethal force?
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by rstickle View Post
    Pink was once considered a very masculine color, so I've read. Just because you're about 200 years late on that.......
    Yep. ^^

In fact it was that way in the US up until the 60s where as yellow prior had been the color avoided by males.
    Now it's not uncommon to see men wearing yellow ties, shorts, driving & riding in yellow conveyances...and running yellow colored guns.

Outside the US pink remains to be just another regular meaningless color akin to green, blue, red or brown.
    In Japan though pink remains considered to be a color of virility and masculinity.

Personally I would have no problem with a pink colored gun, and would in fact choose to buy one with pink/salmon accent...

Tactical-Life.com SMITH & WESSON’s M&P9 JG (Julie Goloski)

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Hey, maybe some day it will be a collectors item. If not, Krylon is supposed to cover about anything..

GM
    Quote Originally Posted by fastk9dad View Post
    If you ever had to pull it in SD you wouldn't even have to shoot...

the BG would die from laughter.
    +1 . That is true! And it will get even worse if you have to call the police
    Just do what feels right for you, that is the only that matters.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    My local gun shop owner tried to sell me a pink charter 38 snub when I was shopping for my 442. He said, "The baddest dude in the county should carry a pink gun. If he has the cahones to pull a pink gun, he won't think twice about shooting someone." I said, "I'm apparently not the baddst dude in the county...I'll take the black one." The guys in the shop all laughed. He said they've been using that line on guys for years and they've never gotten a guy to buy the pink gun yet. If a dude pulled a pink gun on me, I wouldn't mess with him. He's a bad, bad dude.
    My mother has a 22lr revolver with pink grips. She says if she gets into a situation where she has to draw she is going to tell the bad guy, do you really want to have to tell all the other prisioners that you got shot by a great grandmother with a pink gun. That should make even the worse BG turn tail and run.

Quote Originally Posted by FknRa View Post
    It would certainly help in the event of a self defense shooting... The prosecutor would have a hard time using the bad evil ugly gun type line
    +1 ^

The guy who did my hubby's CHP class mentioned pink guns, and said "If a lady pulls a pink gun you KNOW it's hers, and she knows how to use it, it's not her husband's or her boyfriend's, it's HER gun."

I have a "raspberry" LCP and it is the same color as my cell phone holster, so in my pocket looks the same if it peeks out.
    NRA, GOA, GRNC member
    "Both the oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of arms."
    - Aristotle

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Quote Originally Posted by purpledragon View Post
    The guy who did my hubby's CHP class mentioned pink guns, and said "If a lady pulls a pink gun you KNOW it's hers, and she knows how to use it, it's not her husband's or her boyfriend's, it's HER gun."

I have a "raspberry" LCP and it is the same color as my cell phone holster, so in my pocket looks the same if it peeks out.
    Don't confuse you cell for the gun if you get mugged!
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

I am unsure about the colored guns. My kids are grown, so that's not my concern. My grandkids will not have access to my guns. But I can only be accountable for my guns. I have somewhat of a concern that a colored gun might be a kid magnet. I know all guns are kid magnets. I am concerned that a kid that knew better than to touch a gun without supervision might think the colored gun was not real and pick it up (even though they should not have access to the gun). Even an adult might not realize the gun was real. People are dazzeled by shiny objects.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links