Ah geeze... I might buy a pink gun...

This is a discussion on Ah geeze... I might buy a pink gun... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just as long as there is no rainbows on it then your fine LOL.....dont worry I picked up one for my daughter but it is ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ah geeze... I might buy a pink gun...

Just as long as there is no rainbows on it then your fine LOL.....dont worry I picked up one for my daughter but it is in my name. Purchased a 22 cal. Savage Cub T Pink with the thumb hole stock and wow did I get my ba**s broke at the gun store druing the purchase LOL....just be ready lol

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member
    I'd avoid it because it might not be as easy to resell (unless of course you really just want a pink gun, then great).

And from what I read about Taurus, resale might be an issue sooner than you think.

Quote Originally Posted by cammo girl View Post
    And from what I read about Taurus, resale might be an issue sooner than you think.
    This is what's keeping me.

I really don't care about the color, it's not going to be for me. It'd be the fiance's gun, and also something I wouldn't hate myself for carrying on a day I desired something smaller. I like multi-purposed purchases. I won't be changing out my EDC anytime soon, especially for a pink Taurus.

Ah hell, I should just go the G26 route and find some pink Krylon Fusion for her.

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Don't confuse you cell for the gun if you get mugged!
    Or your phone could ring, you answer your gun, and shoot your ear off.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Quote Originally Posted by PileDriver73 View Post

I really don't care about the color, it's not going to be for me. It'd be the fiance's gun, and also something I wouldn't hate myself for carrying on a day I desired something smaller. I like multi-purposed purchases. I won't be changing out my EDC anytime soon, especially for a pink Taurus.

Ah hell, I should just go the G26 route and find some pink Krylon Fusion for her.
    Taurus makes good quality firearms these days. Lifetime warranty, for the life of the gun, not the original purchaser. I have a 709 and my father in law has a 111. Flawless, accurate, small, and light with many rounds through both and no issues. Go for it. If you get a good price on it, resale value is not so much of an issue.

Hang out on forums for a while and you will learn that someone, somewhere, has had an issue with EVERY manufacturer at some point in time. There are plenty of Taurus owners on this forum who have numerous Tauri (?) and never had a problem.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Quote Originally Posted by BugDude View Post
    Taurus makes good quality firearms these days. Lifetime warranty, for the life of the gun, not the original purchaser. I have a 709 and my father in law has a 111. Flawless, accurate, small, and light with many rounds through both and no issues. Go for it. If you get a good price on it, resale value is not so much of an issue.

Hang out on forums for a while and you will learn that someone, somewhere, has had an issue with EVERY manufacturer at some point in time. There are plenty of Taurus owners on this forum who have numerous Tauri (?) and never had a problem.
    All good points.

As it should, it'll come down to going to a range and having her (and myself) shoot a few rented guns.

Thanks for the input everyone, even you Don.

pink? why not? if you get a good deal on the gun, go for it.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

Quote Originally Posted by Don Glock View Post
    I think Richard just heard that you may buy that pink Taurus he's been eyeing...

ntg
    I heard that the bullets out of pink guns don't hurt as much!!

Seriously, if it's a CCW what does it matter? I'm more interested in my ability with and the reliability of the weapon.
    M&P Shield9; RIA 1911 Tactical 9mm;...many long guns

Get the GLOCK 26 and just tell her it's pink, a very very very very very very dark shade of pink.

joker1
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

I haven't read all the posts so if this point has been made, oops. I think carrying a pink gun concealed could potentially be an excellent SD tactic. Think about it, if you are in a scenario where you have to draw, the big flash of pink might cause just enough hesitation on the BG's part to give you an advantage. I don't see any downside to the pink other than having to deal with the homophobia of others.
    Glock 22 (G2) & 27 (G3)
    S&W 686 .357 4" Stainless Pre-lock
    Ruger 10/22
    Marlin Model 65 .22LR - 1968
    Remington Model 31 16ga - 1932
    Remington 1900 12ga - 1904

Pink is a tactical advantage

When you present a pink weapon is a SD situation you will gain a tactial advantage.

The BG.
    1. May laugh
    2. May Think What the F*#^
    3. You got to be joking

Which will give you the time you need to react

...A Glock 22 in a yellow/purple plaid that is both Loud and Obnoxious

FWIW, I think pink guns in gun cases and the men who try to direct a newbie female in the pink gun direction are more than a little offensive. Seeing gun dealers in You Tube videos talking up the pink guns in a review for women without referencing whether or not they sell at all, is slightly offensive.

I am a woman in the market for a gun. Not a woman in the market for an accessory. Nothing about my process for purchasing a gun has anything to do with "style" issues.... I want a gun to be shootable, functionally reliable, well made, well backed up by its manufactuer, affordable.... resellable if it comes to that. What I don't care to consider even for half a second: Is it pretty?

If gun cases were comparably equipped with colorful but not pink guns, which both gals and girls could choose the "pretty" option of the brand/model they are sold on, this post would be different.

Granted, there are men who buy 100 year old guns for style value. They don't expect or anticipate in most cases (debatable?) to actually use them for self defense purposes. They collect expensive and out-dated or otherwise kind of absurd weapons for no other reason than that they are rare and therefore somehow valuable. What they do not do? Buy new purple, green, orange, yellow, acqua, azure, plaid or red guns, or guns with colorful applique'd NRA logos (so far as I can tell).

Where is the evidence that all these pink guns have been manufactured because of some huge female demand for them? If it is there, if it is female purchasing power that is driving the ubiquity of these guns, that's the story I'm not getting.

What I am getting? Stories about huge liquidations and radically low pricing on pink guns.... everywhere.

Oh... and I have yet to see a pink semi-auto actually for sale. If my chosen Glock 22 (not yet acquired) came in a yellow/purple plaid that was both loud and obnoxious, I might buy one just to get the rocks of the BG off. Do I think a pink gun would really make that big an impact on a BG? Not really.

All good points.

As it should, it'll come down to going to a range and having her (and myself) shoot a few rented guns.

Thanks for the input everyone, even you Don.
    Im not a fan of pink anything, let alone guns, but who cares about the color, as long as it fires correctly.

Speaking of which, im glad to see some optimism on your part about this brand. My wife has a black/stainless PT111 Mil Pro thats been rock solid reliable since day 1. Do some research online about these guns, and you'll find out that the early generations did have some issues, but they have been corrected. If your going 9MM, buy 3rd gen.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links