My Kimber

This is a discussion on My Kimber within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I hope you get it fugured out. I would think it is just an issue with that particular gun. My Ultra Carry II has had ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My Kimber

I hope you get it fugured out. I would think it is just an issue with that particular gun. My Ultra Carry II has had no problems, ..... so far.
    That is a beautiful gun though.
    It’s so much easier now days, to "Love and honor" my wife, when she is armed, and shoots a better group than I do. (Till death do us part, eh?)

“The way you get shot by a concealed weapons permit holder is, you point a gun at him,” the Sheriff said.

2. Remove Ads

Well I got it back today. It looks okay although it's dirty. Kimber sends them back dirty to show they test fired them. Hopefully it runs okay. It seems they did a lot more work than they did the first time. The work order for the first time said: slide replaced. That was all. This time the work order said: slide replaced, extractor replaced, ejector replaced, bbl chamber reamed and bbl chamber polished. So hopefully now that they throated the bbl it will run better.

I'm a little concerned that they sent you a replacement slide that they later said was out of spec. Hopefully it'll run like a top now - like all guns should right out of the box. How long until it gets a workout? Keep us up on the progress.
    Jack

Yeah it is a bit puzzling that they can test fire a gun that doesn't work then send it out to the customer saying it's good to go and when they get it back say the part they installed was no good. I can only hope they did a better job this time. I will take it to the range on Saturday and hopefully put a couple hundred trouble free rounds through it.

Kimber

Great looking weapon Sorry to hear of your woes. My Pro Elite has been marvelous. Did have a Para that klunked me in the head with spent cartridges constantly. Para argued it was me, fellow shooters had the same problem. After lengthy stays at Para and several trips to the shop back and forth, got my attorney involved. Got a rapid response, still not a good shooter. I feel like if you get one with a "bad slide" or whatever, they need to replace the whole gun and be done with it. I hope it works out for you. Very frustrating to spend so much cash and get those kind of results.

That hot brass to the forehead is never fun, I had one gun that managed to throw one shell out of every mag into my shirt pocket - I always wear a baseball hat to the range now, same as ear and eye protection.
    Jack

Well it continues. Just got back from the range. Once again first shot taken I get brass in the forehead. Surprisingly I put two or three mags through the pistol with no problems. Then the same crap again. I ended up with over 10 FTF's and 5 FTE's in under 100 rounds fired. Two trips to Kimber and 12 weeks with the gun and they still can't fix it. They said they fired 16 trouble free mags. There is no way in hell they did. I am not happy.

Distinguished Member Array RSSZ's Avatar
    yellowv, If the weapon shot at Kimber,and if you are using the same mag(s),with the same number of rds. in the mag,and if you are using the same ammo,and if the weapon is lubed the same way, in the same places,with the same lube,then.....with respect......the only thing that I would suggest is that you are limp wristing.

If you haven't already,go to 1911 Forum,scroll down to the KIMBER section,take a look, and ask those guys questions. There is a wealth of info there as there is here. Sorry for your problems. The above is the only thing that I can think of.

When I suspect this from a student,I try their weapon. I shoot with my non trigger finger in front of the trigger guard and pulling back hard. This with a very tight grip.

Please keep us Kimber owners that are here informed as to how Kimber handles your ongoing problem. ----------

My buddy also shot the gun and it had the same issues. We also both shot his ultra and had not one failure with about twice the round count put through his than I did mine. His gun has been carried daily and not cleaned for 3 months or so and it ran flawlessly. Mine was properly cleaned and lubed and I shot WWB, UMC, and hydrashock through it with the same Kimber mag that Kimber shot it with and with a new Wilson and my buddies Kimber mag and it had the same problems with all mags and ammo. The gun simply does not work and this time they will either replace it or refund my money. They have had two chances to fix it and proved totally inept. I have been a member of 1911forum for a few months now and was actually temporarily banned for complaining about Kimber's customer service or lack thereof a while back so there is no help to be had there. Just a few guys with headaches like mine and a bunch of Kimber lovers that think Kimber can do no wrong. I have had pistols that cost a fraction of the cost of this one that NEVER had a single malfunction of any kind. There is no excuse for this. Kimber claimed they test fired it before I got it back the last time. It did not work. If the problem was me they wouldn't have put another slide on it. I bet they throw one mag through it, say it works and ship it back.

Distinguished Member Array RSSZ's Avatar
    Yeah,somethings wrong. How could it work for them if it doesn't work for you. Maybe it's the difference in altitude. (?)Anyway.......you varied lots of things in your shooting. Enough to take out the chances that would/could fix the problem.

I'd almost have to say that they want you to just go away. They,maybe feel that if they make it a royal pain in your A$$ that you will just forget about it.

I gotta say that in this day and age,I can't figure out the customer service policies of some companies. Don't they understand that we are a very tight knit group that isn't affraid to talk to each other. That we are constantly together at gun shows,shooting clubs,gun ranges,gun stores,hunting,and in competition.

Don't know about you,but if I have a bad expierance with a company/product I go outta my way to tell anyone that will listen.

This was another chance for Kimber to get some good press or bad press. Looks like they chose the latter. ---------

Honestly I wish I would've marked the inside of the slide before I sent it back because I honestly think they let it sit there for 7 weeks and sent it back to me with nothing at all done to it. This time I want my money or a new gun or I will call the better buisness bureau and a lawyer.

After this much grief I can't say as I blame you. Even if the gun came back working properly, could you really have enough confidence in it as a carry weapon? I've owned a small number of SAs and Colts, only the Colts have never malfunctioned for me - though the problems my SAs had for the most part weren't serious enough to go back to the factory.

You might very well want to trade it in on something else when you get it back this time. It's not just a money issue, it could very well be your life.
    Jack

Really sad they are like this.

I'm scratching them off my list for now.

I'll just stick to building up my own minus having a regular smith do the trigger job .

Don't know what happened to KIMBER. I have a 5 inch SS Gold Match that has about 8,000 rounds through it. I've shot it in IDPA for years. Never had a malfunction of any kind. I shoot all reloads with mixed cases. Just perfect! However, I have read about a lot of problems with the newer KIMBERs. Good luck with Dennis and crew at Yonkers, but I would not carry a weapon I don't feel secure about.

Mark

I totally understand the trust factor in a weapon that has a history of FTF & FTE. I understand that your problems were mostly FTE. My CCW piece is a Kimber Eclipse Pro II which has performed flawlessly with both FMJ and JHP. I do use Wilson Combat Magazines that I usually change out monthly. I hope that your Kimber works as the advertisements says it will

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links