Sig 232???

Sig 232???

This is a discussion on Sig 232??? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I looked at a Sig 232 today and really liked it!!! Does anybody carry these and are they worth the money for a 380??? Thanks ...

Thread: Sig 232???

Sig 232???

I looked at a Sig 232 today and really liked it!!! Does anybody carry these and are they worth the money for a 380??? Thanks for the help. Robbie

It's a fine gun, but rather big for a .380 these days. You can easily find guns the same size chambered for the more effective 9mm. That said, the .380 round has a bit of a snap to it and the extra length and weight of the P232 (1.2 inches and 3+ ounces more then the P238) will reduce that snap a bit. Best of all is Sig reliability.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

They are a very well built gun. You wont be disappointed. Typical Sig quality.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

RMS
    Though, I rarely carry my P232, it is a great gun. I have not had any problems at all. The only thing that I dislike is the mag-release is on the bottom of the grip.

VIP Member
    They are great guns. I never owned one, but my old LEO partner had one and I shot it a lot...
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

The new Sig P238 is a lot smaller, well built, and shoots the same cartridge. A small Kahr in 9mm or .40, or a Kel-tec PM9, is about the same size and shoots a bigger cartridge. The Ruger LCP and Kel-tec P3AT are much smaller and lighter, and shoot the same cartridge.

However, the P232 is fun to shoot and is very easy on you. If you can afford to target shoot with .380 auto, it'd be fine for that. It's a lot like shooting a 22 pistol, whereas the smaller 380s have some bite to them.

I have a P238...have had LCP's, KelTecs and NAA's....the P238 is the king when it comes to accuracy and over all performance. I have heard that the 232 is incredibly accurate and easily concealable...

Quote Originally Posted by RMS View Post
    Though, I rarely carry my P232, it is a great gun. I have not had any problems at all. The only thing that I dislike is the mag-release is on the bottom of the grip.
    This is exactly my thoughts regarding mine as well.
    BLONDIE: You may run the risks, my friend, but I do the cutting. If we cut down my percentage... cigar? Liable to interfere with my aim.

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    I occationally carry one. i shoot it very well. It is one of the most natural pointers made IMHO. It's light weight, simplicity of operation, reliability and accuracy make it a great CCW. I carry the blued one with the Hogue grips. My range gun is the P232SL. I love these guns.

I've thought for a very long time that the Sig 230/232 are the most beautiful pistols in the world. I've never had the pleasure of shooting one though.

Sponsored Links