What would you do??

This is a discussion on What would you do?? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have AT&T with 3 lines, my wife has one of them and the other is a "ghost" line. She figured that since the line ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What would you do??

What would you do??

I have AT&T with 3 lines, my wife has one of them and the other is a "ghost" line. She figured that since the line with my number is up and the ghost line still has a year and a half that I should dump my number that I have had for 6 years and switch. I dont like this. So she made me an offer and I was thinking hard about it. She will buy me a firearm worth $350, $100 over what we will save if I dump the line. This is tempting... VERY tempting.

The reason I dont want to loose my number is because its MY number that I have had for so long. Everyone knows my number and it would be kind of a pain in the rear to tell everyone.

Or, I could get a Walther P22 or something similar. Does anyone have one of these firearms? I like the way it feels in my hand, however, I have never fired one. I had the Walther P99 and didnt like it very much. The P22 would be pretty much for plinking and maybe a BUG.

What would you guys do? What firearm should I get for only $350? I am used to spending twice that for my firearms. How reliable is the P22?

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    What would you guys do?
    I would ask her why it was so important for me to drop the line, since obviously it won't save the household any money... actually it will cost the household $100 if I understand you correctly.

Not my business, but are there some old friends she doesn't want to be able to contact you?

Quote Originally Posted by grady View Post
    I would ask her why it was so important for me to drop the line, since obviously it won't save the household any money... actually it will cost the household $100 if I understand you correctly.

Not my business, but are there some old friends she wants you to be rid of?
    That is very weird indeed.
    Have you contacted ATT. Perhaps it would be possible to have them swap the numbers.
    Exodus 22:2 "If a thief is caught breaking in and is struck so that he dies, the defender is not guilty of bloodshed"

Drop the old line. Have new line changed to old number, and get a Ruger BearCat.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

I would dump the phone line and get a hard chrome PF9. Heck... I would just about dump my wife and the phone line for a hard chrome PF9. Better than that I would tell my wife who wears the pants in my house, dump her phone line and then go buy me a PF9.
    Glock 22, 27 Gen 4
    Ruger SP101 .357mag
    S&W 637 Airweight
    Ruger Single Six
    Ruger Blackhawk Bisley 45 Colt
    Mossberg 835 Grand Slam

Quote Originally Posted by grady View Post

Not my business, but are there some old friends she doesn't want to be able to contact you?
    This is a good question and I didnt think about that so much. I really dont think its a money thing anymore. We have been "discussing" this for about a month now and I think its evolved to more of a power struggle. If I dump the number, she wins and I get a new gun. If I hold my ground, she will loose (she REALLY hates loosing) and I keep my number.

I am going into the AT&T store tomorrow and talking with a friend that works in there. He is AWESOME with my account and if something can be done, he will do it.

There is nothing or no one she is trying to delete. Its just a power struggle.

If you can't get AT&T to switch the #, then drop it, get the gun and go to the range. You won't have time to use the phone anyway.
    Chinese Proverb:
    "When someone shares something of value with you and you benefit from it, you have a moral obligation to share it with others."
    VCDL member (DE.357;Ruger 4" GP-100 .357;Ruger 2.2" SP-101 cc hammer .357;BT .380cc.

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    Its just a power struggle.
    I thought it was something like that because it sounded manipulative.

In that case, I'd keep my old number.

I might consider switching to the other line if the phone company could give me the same number, based purely on financial considerations, but only if it wouldn't reward my wife for such manipulativeness.

If manipulation is rewarded, it will reoccur more frequently.

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    I don't get it, she wants to spend an extra $100.00 to give up a phone number you've had for 6 years???
    I believe in logic and cost effective, but not manipulation.
    Look down at your legs, what do you see?
    Pants, good now remind her that you still wear them.
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

I say keep the line, go get a gun, maybe add a fourth line

TGC
    I have a P22...if that is your only option...keep the phone line!
    Actually the P22 is ok if you load the magazine exactly right....then tap the mag against your hand to line up the ammo. Then, and only then, you may get through an entire mag without a FTF.

Administrator
    I'd keep the number I wanted and go buy a gun if I wanted to. Dangling carrots or the promise of cookies never motivated me much. In fact, it ticks me off. It ticks me off even more when the carrots and cookies are mine to begin with.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Distinguished Member
    Why keep a ghost line? Just curious, I have not heard that expression before.

I'd cancel it all and get a Blackberry with phone and email service. Then you could select what friends you continue with. Sort of like spring cleaning.

kpw
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I'd keep the number I wanted and go buy a gun if I wanted to. Dangling carrots or the promise of cookies never motivated me much. In fact, it ticks me off. It ticks me off even more when the carrots and cookies are mine to begin with.
    This!

Bought a nice used P22 for the kids last month. It eats Thunderbolts and Mini-Mags like a starving pig but pukes on Fed. AE. I did say I bought it for the kids right?
    "In a republic this rule ought to be observed: that the majority should not have the predominant power." -
    -- Marcus Tullius Cicero

No struggle! She wins = you win, she loses = you lose.
    If I gave a crap about what you think about my guns.....it was early this morning and I already flushed it!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links