Beretta Carriers?

This is a discussion on Beretta Carriers? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was looking at a Beretta Cheetah md 84FS today at a pawn shop,I truly liked the feel and balance,but have heard less than stellar ...

Thread: Beretta Carriers?

Beretta Carriers?

I was looking at a Beretta Cheetah md 84FS today at a pawn shop,I truly liked the feel and balance,but have heard less than stellar reports on the fullsize Berettas.
    Have any of yall any experience with this little .380?
    It is pardonable to be defeated but never surprised.
    2 Ruger alaskan .454s
    Ruger P95
    Rem 870
    Barrett .50BMG

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    I wouldnt mind having/carrying a Cheetah. The older Beretta's are nice guns. The only bad thing I can think of is size and weight vs. caliber.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Distinguished Member Array Siafu's Avatar
    I carry a 1991 Beretta 950BS Jetfire in .25 as a BUG and I love it. It compliments my 9mm Walther PPS.

I have never owned a Beretta handgun. I have shot plenty of them. In my opinion they are fine guns. Fullsize and 380. The only thing I don't like about Berettas is that it replaced the 1911 in the military. I do believe they held a reliability record of some type. I do not know why I don't own a 40S&W Beretta.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Quote Originally Posted by Stevew View Post
    I have never owned a Beretta handgun. I have shot plenty of them. In my opinion they are fine guns. Fullsize and 380. The only thing I don't like about Berettas is that it replaced the 1911 in the military. I do believe they held a reliability record of some type. I do not know why I don't own a 40S&W Beretta.
    Believe it or not my introduction to the Beretta brand was via the Beretta U22 Neos. it is perhaps the most un-appreciated .22 pistol on the market. The quality is remarkable and the gun is absolutely unstoppable. That got me interested in the 950BS which after inspection became part of the family and I am currently eyeballing a 92F that is in inventory at my FFL. I guess I got the itis.

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    What less than stellar reports? The Beretta 84/85 is a supremely reliable pistol. The little Beretta is actually pretty light at only 23 ounces. It's perfect ergonomics, accuracy, 13+1 firepower make it an excellent choice for a CCW. This older 84, sporting some, then new, Pachmayr grips was carried for many years. You can't go wrong with the little Beretta.

I have and still shoot occasionaly a 1956 Beretta .32,but 7 rounds in that small caliber...just not my idea of horsepower,plus its been almost impossible to find a spare magazine.
    2 Ruger alaskan .454s
    Ruger P95
    Rem 870
    Barrett .50BMG

Quote Originally Posted by ripley16 View Post
    What less than stellar reports? The Beretta 84/85 is a supremely reliable pistol. The little Beretta is actually pretty light at only 23 ounces. It's perfect ergonomics, accuracy, 13+1 firepower make it an excellent choice for a CCW. This older 84, sporting some, then new, Pachmayr grips was carried for many years. You can't go wrong with the little Beretta.
    Im referring to USMC armorers reports on the 92s.
    2 Ruger alaskan .454s
    Ruger P95
    Rem 870
    Barrett .50BMG

Quote Originally Posted by ripley16 View Post
    Your Beretta gives me a gun-chubby.

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Siafu View Post
    Your Beretta gives me a gun-chubby.
    Then you should read the thread Got Wood?
    http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...-got-wood.html

My first SD pistol was a Beretta 92G-SD (similar to the 92F). It was a big pistol to carry, but I did take a pistol course with it.
    Then I bought a Beretta 9000S in 9mm, and I still have the gun...I've never had a problem with it and it is a unique pistol.

The Cheetah is another nice pistol...I'd get it if you like .380!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Administrator
    I've spent untold hours, maybe better measured in years, with the M9. (or 92) It is a fantastic combat pistol. Every problem that I had run into boiled down to maintenance issues or just plain wearing it out. Nothing lasts forever, and its the job of the operator and armorer to see that before it becomes an issue.
    Anyway, there is nothing wrong with a Beretta 92. Its an often forgotten top notch gun.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by IronMike View Post
    but have heard less than stellar reports on the fullsize Berettas.
    Are you saying trouble with the Cheetah, or "full size Beretta's" ? ?
    I have never heard of anyone having trouble with a full size Beretta. I sure have not had any problem with any of mine at all... ever.. .. over the last 16 yrs. anyway.

Love my Beretta. (Tomcat). I'm waiting for a Cheetah 86 to fall out of the sky. Love the tip up barrels.
    Last edited by Takasnooze; February 18th, 2010 at 12:43 AM. Reason: Added Tomcat

Quote Originally Posted by Siafu View Post
    Believe it or not my introduction to the Beretta brand was via the Beretta U22 Neos. it is perhaps the most un-appreciated .22 pistol on the market. The quality is remarkable and the gun is absolutely unstoppable. That got me interested in the 950BS which after inspection became part of the family and I am currently eyeballing a 92F that is in inventory at my FFL. I guess I got the itis.
    I also carry the Beretta 21A 22 in a Uncle Mike's pocket holster when I can't carry the bigger stuff OWB. (and occasionally a Iver Jonson P22).
    And ya know what? I don't feel a bit under armed when I do. But, I do know the limitations and know to go for the throat, eyes, ears, or nads if I have to shoot an attacker. And see the whites of their eyes, or be able to count cavities in their teeth before firing.
    seven rounds of Stingers or pre-frags in the soft areas can change ANYONE'S attitude, real quick!

Links