P380 Range Report and Kudos for Kahr's...

This is a discussion on P380 Range Report and Kudos for Kahr's... within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Customer Service. Long story short my wife didn't like the long trigger of the Ruger LCP so the search was on for something that could ...

Customer Service.

Long story short my wife didn't like the long trigger of the Ruger LCP so the search was on for something that could fit her needs. I visited a local gun show and got to fondle a Kahr P380.

I found one at a gun shop I hadn't visited in years. The price was right and the little pocket rocket came home.

Let me tell you that is one sweeeet shooter. Easily 4-6" group at 5-7yrds. Love the trigger and could not believe the accuracy. I had a couple of FTRTB's and one FTE but will say as I continued to shoot things just seem to get better.

Took her home and bathed her good. Can't wait to get out again and finish the break-in period.

Now...as for Kahr's CS...

I was having problems with my P45 with too many FTE's and it ended up having to go back to the mothership twice. Each time I e-mailed Kahr they had FedEx at my office door the next day.

Unfortunately the first time it came back the problem actually seemed to get worse. So back it went. Each time they had the gun back in my hands in just over a week. So yesterday FedEx showed up with my gun and their second attempt at the fix...

Hallelujah!!! We have a winner. Not a single FTE and only a couple of FTF's with light primer strikes. Because of the amount of work they did on the gun I'm assuming I need to put it through another break-in period but so far I'm very pleased...

Congrats on the new P380. I was looking out for one but couldn't fine one locally so I went with the DB380 instead. I got my eyes peeled for the P380 cause I really like the "lock back on last round" feature that for some reason is missing on allot of these subcompact .380s. I saw the Taurus, but I'm not sold on the dependability just yet.

NOTE: "light primer strikes" You might want to clean the striker channel on the P45, that might have something to do with the LS. I also switched to Gun grease instead of oil for my Kahr due to IMO way to much lubricant in the striker channel on both occasions when I cleaned mine. Good luck to ya.

Congrats again!

Cheers
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Thumbs up

Kahr P380 .380ACP micro pocket pistol.

Tiny pocket guns are a good addition, given my desire to carry backups on occasion, my preferred carry modes and clothing. A small 9mm or 380ACP works well, for me, and the Kahr P380 might just fill the bill.

Mine has only handled 110rds, to date. 50rds American Eagle FMJ ball 95gr, and 60 MagTech First Defense SCHP (copper, JHP) 77gr. Today, I'll put another 100+ through it, mostly FMJ. It's still too early to tell what it likes and dislikes in terms of ammunition. I'll need to send a few different varieties through, to test.

The gun is still very stiff and the trigger is still fairly heavy, though reasonably smooth. Like every other Kahr I have shot so far, the P380 seems to like things well-lubricated.

I am surprised at how much smaller it is than the PM9 9mm, the P380's bigger brother. It is 4-7/8" long, 3-7/8" tall and 7/8" wide, weighing in at 10oz.

Slow-shooting, two-inch groups seem common at 5yds, though I am still playing around. The PM9 seemed a bit more accurate, by comparison. Being a bit thinner than the PM9, the wallop of the recoil is felt a bit more than on the PM9. I think it's primarily due to the force being spread across less width, with the bony part of the web of the hand taking most of the load. Still, 100rds is reasonably easy to do in one sitting.

Am still toying with the new holster as well, a K&D Pocket Defender Convertible. Takes a bit longer for me to get to the gun, but it draws nicely, with the holster remaining in the pocket each time. Conceals well. Allows the gun to be carried along with one spare magazine, then a dual-mag holster carries another pair of spares. With 6rd capacity, the triple mag ability will be a nice benefit.

Verdict: I like it. If it continues to get more reliable as the break-in period progresses, it might join the stable. Two thumbs up.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by gottabkiddin View Post
    NOTE: "light primer strikes" You might want to clean the striker channel on the P45, that might have something to do with the LS. I also switched to Gun grease instead of oil for my Kahr due to IMO way to much lubricant in the striker channel on both occasions when I cleaned mine. Good luck to ya.
    I was thinking the same thing as far as oil in the striker channel. I flushed it out with some GunScrubber when I cleaned it last night and noticed that it was pretty dirty.

I'm not good enough to get 2" groups with it yet but was still very happy with how accurate it was at what I would consider SD distances. I'm going to try and put another 100rnds+ this weekend and will post another report.

Mine is almost a year old. I got lucky and bought one shortly after Kahr started shipping them. I've shot about 550 rounds through it (give or take a little.)

Flawless. Simply flawless. It's obviously my pocket gun. Compliments my PM9 very well. I also like the fact that XS Big Dot sights are now available for it. I'll be ordering them soon. This gun is almost too small. But the quality is great, and a range near me has them for less than $600 + tax. Worth it in my opinion.

I load mine with Corbon DPX .380. Pretty potent little rounds in that caliber.
    Bob Mayne
    HandgunWorld Podcast
    www.handgunworld.com
    Suarez International Instructor

great little gun, i love mine. after i fine tuned my magazines it was 100% perfect. had to trim the mag hold open pin from hitting the tip of the bullets. this gun is so small, all tolerances are very tight indeed. think i'm going to sell my lcp now and buy a diamondback 380. going to try that one out for a while just to play with, but the kahr is my carry piece for sure. have fun with your gun, good luck

Fortunately I was able to find one at a local FunShop for $530. Best price I've seen in a while so I picked it up.

I too was thinking about trying out a DB380 eventually but the P380 is a keep for sure.
    "Get out of my dreams and into my Kahr"

http://designlinetx.com/

Links