Question about glock sights

This is a discussion on Question about glock sights within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I see on Budsgunshop that Glock (36) offers fixed and adjustable sights. Is there any reason not to go with the adjustable sights? Also, if ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question about glock sights

I see on Budsgunshop that Glock (36) offers fixed and adjustable sights. Is there any reason not to go with the adjustable sights? Also, if you order one with nights sights, is the front sight dovetailed or is it still going to be like the standard sights? Im actually not sure how the front sight is installed.
    Be careful what you wish for. You just might get it ......

Distinguished Member Array bladenbullet's Avatar
    the sights on my glocks are dead on out of the box...i'm not interested in placing every shot into the same hole anyway...i can only imagine its easier for something to go wrong with the adjustable sights...

Quote Originally Posted by bladenbullet View Post
    the sights on my glocks are dead on out of the box...i'm not interested in placing every shot into the same hole anyway...i can only imagine its easier for something to go wrong with the adjustable sights...
    +1.

Additionally, I have not purchased a Glock w/ night sights but rather installed them myself after purchase. The front sight installs with a very small, hex headed bolt.
    NRA Endowment Member
    GOA Life Member

Adjustable sights on a subcompact .45 is wishful thinking, in my opinion. I stick with standard night sights. Easy to install - with the right tool!

The front sight is now fixed with a screw from the inside of the slide. Some older designs may still use the staked-on method. Just a note, make sure you use a dab of locktite (blue) to prevent it from loosening.
    If you have never broken your gun or bled on your gun in training, you're doing it wrong!
    Train hard, live easy.

the long barreled "target" model glocks come with adj sites. it's prob just a misprint on bud's website.

i mean, you can get the glock adj sites, but there's no point in that on a combat weapon like the g36. glocks generally shoot point of aim anyway, and adj sites aren't as durable as fixed ones.

My adj rear sight could be pushed side to side with finger pressure. When I spoke to Glock they said the problem is nonexistent with fixed rear sights, but not surprised that the adj rear sight had that problem.

I've heard the same thing about adjustable sights: they move, especially if you shoot a lot or jostle it by holstering and deholstering. I went with night sights, and they're beautiful.

Distinguished Member Array Stetson's Avatar
    I agree,I tend to keep all my glocks sights just as they came out of the factory.
    They are self defense guns that only need combat accuracy.When I go to the range I tend to devote one magazine to point shooting.I've never envisioned a glock a target pistol.Save that for the expensive 1911's.

KISS

For a combat weapon, simple is always best. Stay with fixed.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

NRA Life Member
    NRA Golden Eagles
    GOA Life Member

All the Glocks come into the USA with adjustable sights. Then Glock replaces them with the fixed sights. Reason is because adjustable sights get 10 points, and fixed only get 5 points. You can see all about the point system here: The Glock FAQ [Glock Model Info]

I forgot to add, stick with fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadeaux View Post
    For a combat weapon, simple is always best. Stay with fixed.
    plus one
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

Mic
    I own and shoot my 3 Glocks and the one I'm issued/carry at work and all 4 are accurate with the factory set fixed sights, at 30m 10 rds fired in 6 seconds are all within a 8 inch radius. Forget the adj sights unless you're looking at competition shooting.
    Timid people sleep peacefully at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Molôn Labé!

My glocks are fixed night sights, that will be used very little...it's called point shooting.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

thanks guys. Ive never had a gun with adjustable sights. You also answered a question about how the front sight is installed. I was concerned about the front sighte coming loose (had this happen on another gun) since its not a dovetail style. Since their is a nut on the backside(instead of just heated plastic) , this makes it a non issue for durability. Ive decided to have my local store order a 36, so Im just gonna go ahead and have night sights installed. I like buying from Buds, but everyone around here wants $35 bux or more for a transfer, so it should equal out.
    Be careful what you wish for. You just might get it ......

Quote Originally Posted by hihosilver View Post
    I like buying from Buds, but everyone around here wants $35 bux or more for a transfer, so it should equal out.
    Try looking around at your very small, independent dealers. Mine does them for $20.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links