FNH FNP or FNX???

This is a discussion on FNH FNP or FNX??? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; OK, so as some of you might already know I am now in the market for a new firearm to add to the 46 other ...

Thread: FNH FNP or FNX???

FNH FNP or FNX???

OK, so as some of you might already know I am now in the market for a new firearm to add to the 46 other I currently own. Tax return, yeah baby!!

Anyway, I have settled on the the FNH line of firearms. I was told by the woman that I cannot buy anything over $600 so that eliminates the FNP .45. So, now I am torn between the FNP 40 USG, the FNP 40 (no safety, I am mixed on this.), or the new FNX 40 which isnt even out yet (I dont think, cant find it anywhere). So that means I have a wait time and I have no idea how much they are.

The FNP 40 and the USG model are very similar except one has the manual safety and the serrations near the muzzle and the other one does not. I like the idea of the safety but I am not big on manual safeties. I like the serrations that the FNP USG offers. I dont know...

Which one would you prefer and why? I dont know much about the FNX line just that it has the safety and is fully ambidextrous. I dont really care about that. Is there anything else I might be missing? Help me!

2. Remove Ads

Sounds like you have it pretty well figured out. If you shop around you may be able to find a 45 for $600. Either way you will be happy, great shooting guns.
    Ignorance can be cured. Stupid is forever.

Senior Member Array Pure Kustom's Avatar
    FNP .45 I got mine with less than 50 down the pipe. for 500.

I can get them for 570. USG with safety or 545. for a Standard model with the decocker.

I wanted the USG MODEL but couldn't find one at the time. You can carry condition 1 if I am not mistaken.

fortys are for I am waiting for my FNP-357 Sig to come in.

Hey Rocky! My EDC is the XDm40! What wrong with it?!

Feel better soon my friend.

Edit: I have made up my mind and I am going with the .45 USG. Thats what I wanted but didnt think I could afford. However, it might be a few weeks. I'll keep you all posted as usual!

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    I was told by the woman that I cannot buy anything over $600 so that eliminates the FNP .45.
    Maybe not how about Gilberts Guns 599.95.

The Gun Experts - Very Limited Number of FNP 45 ACP Pistols!
    Tom
    Osculare pultem meam! - Kiss my grits!

Links