LG-436

This is a discussion on LG-436 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Looking for reviews and feedback on this laser for the subcompact glocks....

Thread: LG-436

LG-436

Looking for reviews and feedback on this laser for the subcompact glocks.

2. Remove Ads

Best advice I can give you is to join the forums at Crimson Trace, or at least search them. You'll not only get first hand experience from users, but learn the pros and cons (as well as recalls). http://forums.crimsontrace.com/
    I've been there. My wife loves her LG-626 on her G26...I mainly like it because she does, and I'll do just about anything that makes her happy and keeps her alive. The newer trigger guard lasers would only mean one thing to me.................a whole new wardrobe in the way of holsters...an expense I'm not willing to go through to have one (yet). If I were to ever have a laser on one of my carry pistols, it would be the internal guide rod laser. I do occasionally attach my M-6 to one of my pistols when the lights go out and my eyes go shut for a short time. No worries about holsters there, and a red laser cuts into the darkness very well when you're in purgatory in the middle of the night. I remove it once I'm fully aware and walking again.

I don't have one for my Glock 27 but I have the LG-437 Laserguard for my Kahr PM40 and I am very impressed with it. As stated by Ram Rod you do have to get holsters set up for this laserguard, that is the only down side. You could go with LaserMax which is internal and no need to change holsters. That was not an option on the Kahr. IMO, I do not like the LaserMax as well as the CT. Not near as bright when I compared the two esp. in daylight. Either one will get the job done.
    Good Luck
    Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act. - Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Carry gun Glock 22 modified by my friend Bill Wilson of Wilson Combat + Crimson Trace LG-417.

2nd Kahr PM40 or .32 NAA.

NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by ms121269 View Post
    I don't have one for my Glock 27 but I have the LG-437 Laserguard for my Kahr PM40 and I am very impressed with it.
    - I have the LG-437 for my Kahr PM9, LG-433 for my Kahr P380 and just bought a LG-433 for my Ruger LCP. I absolutely love the Crimson Trace lasers. IMO, they're an invaluable training tool. You have immediate feedback when you pull the trigger. I was able to correct some bad habits I picked up over the years almost instantly, including pulling down on the gun in anticipation of recoil.

Quote Originally Posted by ms121269 View Post
    IMO, I do not like the LaserMax as well as the CT. Not near as bright when I compared the two esp. in daylight. Either one will get the job done.
    Good Luck
    - The other issue with the LaserMax is activation. With the Crimson Trace, activation is instinctive when you grip the gun.

Quote Originally Posted by tokerblue View Post
    - I have the LG-437 for my Kahr PM9, LG-433 for my Kahr P380 and just bought a LG-433 for my Ruger LCP. I absolutely love the Crimson Trace lasers. IMO, they're an invaluable training tool. You have immediate feedback when you pull the trigger. I was able to correct some bad habits I picked up over the years almost instantly, including pulling down on the gun in anticipation of recoil.

- The other issue with the LaserMax is activation. With the Crimson Trace, activation is instinctive when you grip the gun.
    You are 100% correct. I have learned a lot from the instant feedback from the laser. It does not lie you see every shake and twitch you make and probably do not even realize it. Also, my instinctive/point shooting skills have increased a bunch and without wasting lots of ammo in the process.
    Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act. - Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Carry gun Glock 22 modified by my friend Bill Wilson of Wilson Combat + Crimson Trace LG-417.

2nd Kahr PM40 or .32 NAA.

NRA Life Member

I have the LG-436 installed on one of my G38's (45GAP). Love it, turns on instantly as you get your proper grip on your frame. It is brighter than the internal Lasermax guide rod. I had one on my G21 (sold it with the gun.) Works great, easy to line up and right on target every time. Not cheap, but IMHO worth it.
    Good luck and always stay safe.
    USCCA/DEFENSIVE HANDGUNS
    GSSA/NRA
    DEFENSIVE CARRY
    GLOCK TALK
    PAFOA/American Gun Owners

Links