Glock NY 1 Trigger Spring

This is a discussion on Glock NY 1 Trigger Spring within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Anyone know who makes these NY Trigger Springs? I bought a Second Gen Detroit PD G22 and this one was in it. The only ones ...

Thread: Glock NY 1 Trigger Spring

Anyone know who makes these NY Trigger Springs? I bought a Second Gen Detroit PD G22 and this one was in it. The only ones that I have seen have a coiled spring, and this one has an L shaped bar/spring infused into the plastic. Thanks in advance:

i have a ny-1 spring and it looks different than that.

this is mine:

never seen one that looks like that. i'm interested to find out too, my friend.

(maybe it's an old style NY-1 spring? just a guess)

Very interesting indeed!. If you bought a police trade in Glock and this was in it, I'd almost bet it's Glock. Maybe an earlier design, and likely so being a 2nd generation Glock pistol. So...by the looks of it, and lacking an actual spring, I'm thinking that the L-shaped part is metal or a metal piece encased, and engineered to take the place of a spring. The elongated part under the tip would be the stop for compression and to avoid breakage. Comparing it to the current or newer NY1 trigger spring design, and going to plastic with a spring, it's all starting to make sense now how it all evolved. At least to me anyway, and remember...most of the time I'm in a Glock state of mind. Thanks for the pictures, and a hint of Glock trivia here! Very interesting. I say contact Glock about it to find out for sure (and for those of us interested enough). I plan on finding out one way or another, but since you posted it, you should be the first! LOL!
    Glock: 1-770-432-1202 Just ask for tech support. Maybe they will know right off the bat, or they will give you an email address to send your pics to. Inquiring minds want to know, and I've just come on board your boat.

So here is what I have found out so far:

Zombie Squad • View topic - Glock..original New York 1 trigger spring, and new mags too!

And here is another person's input on Glock Talk after I started a thread there as well:

NY Trigger - Glock Talk

I'm currious as to whey they changed the spring to a coiled one? I'm guessing cheaper cost.....

Here is what Mas thinks of these puppies:

The real story Glock trigger pull weights: Glock critics say its trigger pull is too light. It may be that they've been weighing it wrong | Guns Magazine | Find Articles at BNET

Bottom line, I kind of like the trigger pull of my new/old second gen G22 with the NY 1 Trigger Spring and a 5.5# connector.

i found out what it is!

That is a first GEN NY1 trigger spring. It has a leaf spring instead of a coil spring.

my buddy is a glock expert :)

he also mentioned to upgrade to the new coil one if you want to keep the NY-1 spring ($3 on glockparts.com). apparently they stopped using the leaf design because is wasn't as durable....

Quote Originally Posted by Don Glock View Post
    i found out what it is!

That is a first GEN NY1 trigger spring. It has a leaf spring instead of a coil spring.

my buddy is a glock expert :)

he also mentioned to upgrade to the new coil one if you want to keep the NY-1 spring ($3 on glockparts.com). apparently they stopped using the leaf design because is wasn't as durable....
    Yeah. I figure the coil spring would last longer.....good for many more cycles anyway.

Glock changed from a leaf type to coil type spring as often the leaf type would take a "set" and would have to be replaced. I do prefere the feel of the leaf type over the feel of the coil type....
    Jim

Sponsored Links