Glock 27 +2 mags

This is a discussion on Glock 27 +2 mags within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Has anybody used these? I'm having trouble getting 11 rds. into it. 10 is the max. The first is supposedly Glock factory bought today from ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glock 27 +2 mags

Glock 27 +2 mags

Has anybody used these? I'm having trouble getting 11 rds. into it. 10 is the max. The first is supposedly Glock factory bought today from the local G.S. in Glock packaging. Actually have 2 different types. the first just has a + symbol and of course Glock. The other may not be Glock, but another brand mag base extension as it doesn't have Glock on it, just " 2 plus 2 9mm/.40s&w ". They both only hold 10 rds. If that's all it will hold, @ $35 for one extra round..it's going back!

2. Remove Ads

You have to load and unload it a few dozen times. It also helps if you load them as full as you can, and then let them sit. The longer they are loaded at capacity, the easier it is to load em up.

I think the ones that say "2 plus 2 9mm/.40s&w are Scherer extensions.

I have Pearce ones for my sub compacts, and they give you +2 in 9mm, and just one more round in .40.

Distinguished Member Array AKsrule's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by boatail View Post
    Has anybody used these? I'm having trouble getting 11 rds. into it. 10 is the max. The first is supposedly Glock factory bought today from the local G.S. in Glock packaging. Actually have 2 different types. the first just has a + symbol and of course Glock. The other may not be Glock, but another brand mag base extension as it doesn't have Glock on it, just " 2 plus 2 9mm/.40s&w ". They both only hold 10 rds. If that's all it will hold, @ $35 for one extra round..it's going back!
    I bought this one from Midway........

Has Glock and + on bottom

Glock Magazine Glock 33 357 Sig 11-Round Polymer Black - MidwayUSA

"If the last round appears impossible to load, for example if the magazine should hold 15 rounds and it will only accept 14, leave it loaded with 14 rounds for several days to allow the spring's tension to decrease. After a short time, the magazine should then accept its full capacity, but it may still be necessary to use the magazine loader. After several cycles of full capacity through empty, the magazine will be easier to load. "

-------
    -SIG , it's What's for Dinner-

know your rights!
    http://www.handgunlaw.us

"If I walk in the woods, I feel much more comfortable carrying a gun. What if you meet a bear in the woods that's going to attack you? You shoot it."
    {Bernhard Goetz}

Thanks! Now my next question is.. Are they reliable? Especially if the spring seems to be holding the new compression over time?
    In other words..are these just a gimmick?

I don't think they are a gimmic. If they were, I don't think that Glock would make a factory one.

Thanks again, I hope you're right. Reading above, I'm not sure they are actually Glock made. I suppose since their logo is on it though, it is licensed and you're probably right.

Most + mags for Glock sub compacts increase capacity by 2 for 9mm and only 1 for .40S&W.
    Jim

Why not buy a factory mag for the 22 or 23 and add a magazine spacer? Then you have the reliability of the factory magazine.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Bellino View Post
    Most + mags for Glock sub compacts increase capacity by 2 for 9mm and only 1 for .40S&W.
    First off, I've never heard of a Glock factory magazine available for the G27 that holds 2 rounds over standard capacity. Now....Glock does make a 12 round factory magazine for the G26 however. Now...here is what you actually have with the + Glock base......it equals +2 in the 9mm and +1 in the 40S&W. This is why Glock only etches the + on the bottom instead of +1 or +2. That is THE ONLY + base I know of available from Glock. Now.......your aftermarket 2 plus 2 magazine base was never meant to be installed on the sub compact magazines in the first place. There's more to it, and I've warned about this before. Most of the aftermarket (Pearce or Scherer) magazine extensions were made for the full size (G17/G22) magazines that were NFML (non full metal lined). I use these myself with several of my G17 NFML magazines with no issues, and 19 rounds available for my matches with G17. Trust me.....I tried putting one on a FML G17 magazine, and once fully loaded, and after the second shot fired.....exploded the bottom out and the remaining rounds hit the dirt. I knew the fit wasn't right when I put it on, but tried it anyway. It didn't cost me my life, just seconds into a string of fire with a fumble and a mag change, and a dent in my overall score.
    What you need to know...........buyer beware.....research to the fullest extent about what you're getting for what you're buying. Ask questions before you do if you're unsure...ask of the seller, and ask of those whom you trust to be your best source of info other than the seller. Why don't sellers tell you up front about what you're getting or how to use it and it's intended applications? Because selling is their main goal. Service after the sale issues may well be covered in the fine print to where there's no recourse of action for the buyer, and it's usually left up to the end user as to the proper application. The aftermarket companies that do make the + bases for Glock magazines should be able to tell you the intended application for their product when contacted directly. This is what I would suggest in the future. If you do have a reasonable complaint to take up with Glock, I know they will be more than happy to assist, but if you contact them about this specific issue, I can almost predict the outcome. All in all, I'd really like to help folks avoid some of these misconceptions and mistakes before they happen. In reality I can't because it's next to impossible. One of these days, I'll be starting my own website, and this sort of information will be out in the open. For now, question everyone you can. GlockFAQ and Glockmeister are some others you can question about the whats, whens, whys, and what have you's. It's all at your fingertips now. Best of luck with everything.

Quote Originally Posted by tokerblue View Post
    Why not buy a factory mag for the 22 or 23 and add a magazine spacer? Then you have the reliability of the factory magazine.
    This is a very good option IMO. I've done this with my G27 and G23 magazines...works very well.

Quote Originally Posted by tokerblue View Post
    This is the ticket...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Thanks, you're right..life is a learning experience, then you die. One mag came with the used 27, the last (glock) I bought.
    The 22/23 mag solution sounds like the way to go if it does'nt extend any farther out than these ( for concealment concerns) Otherwise, I'll stick with factory 9 rd. and be happy

Thanks Danimal, I checked that out already and thats the one I just bought.

After reviewing that link, all I have to say is that even the original factory magazines in the sub compact models are hard to get the full amount of advertised rounds into them initially. Something you might have to work with. In any case, mistakes in advertising are common as well, and the distributors aren't always at the top of things when it comes to part numbers and what their inventory says they have and what they offer on the internet. Recent experience of mine comes to mind. I had ordered an extended slide release for my G17....the picture on the distributor's website was what I needed, and the part number was different from the standard fits all description. My G17 is a two pin model and the extended slide release has a conspicuous overtravel spur on it that's unmistakable. What did they send me? The wrong one. Case in point, once I notified the distributor, they checked into it, and their parts bin for that product number had mixed parts in it. Apparently the distributor's source wasn't on top of things or passing off the wrong item to someone who honestly didn't know the difference. Even though my best hopes were for a freebie, everything was worked out post haste with return shipping paid by the distributor. Things happen, and sometimes information doesn't make it to it's intended target, seems to be unavailable, or the information when given seems to dissolve like a disappearing ink pen over the course of time it takes to make a purchase.

I just didn't want it to be a case of " what the heck are you trying to get 11 rounds in a 10 round mag for?" After all, they did say +2. I'll work on them and hopefully, it'll work in time. Sounds kinda like that dreaded "break in period"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links