Shot the HK P7 Today!!!!

This is a discussion on Shot the HK P7 Today!!!! within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I know alot of guys get on here and say that their handgun of choice shoots great...and most of them do....I have shot handguns for ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shot the HK P7 Today!!!!

Shot the HK P7 Today!!!!

I know alot of guys get on here and say that their handgun of choice shoots great...and most of them do....I have shot handguns for over 25 years..(my dad bought me a cheap 22 LR single action to shoot snakes with when i was riding three wheelers in the swamps) I shot the most accurate (for me) combat handgun I have ever shot today... I went to the farm this morning and the weather was off and on rain and windy so I didn't set up my regular targets...I took a box and put a 4" target on it and put it about 15 yards.... first mag I put 7 out of 8 in the black offhand...the wind kept blowing the box over so I set up 3 beer cans and I could keep them moving....2 of them wound up over 40 yards away...I could regularly hit them offhand at that distance. I had zero malfunctions with this pistol... I am stoked about this gun....I have never shot an autoloader that I could hit objects with regularity at that distance before. I see more HK's in my future...if you are on the fence about them...i wouldn't wait , these pistols are awesome...I ran about 8 mags in row before I switched to the 380 and I didn't notice it heating up any worse than anything else. I am going to carry this thing with confidence...(the fellow I got it from said he couldn't ever remember it jamming)... Robbie

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    That's great Robbie, however we're all still waiting for PICS!!!!

Seriously though, congrats on your new (to you) P7.
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

VIP Member
    Fantastic! Actually, I figured as much with the P7 as they do have quite a reputation for accuracy. As I said before, I wish I held on to mine but that's just me. I'm sure I made the guy happy when I sold it.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

I sent my buddy pics (he posts them for me...but he said that he couldn't get them to go for some reason).. I was amazed...this pistol is incredible....Robbie

Here are my M8s. . . Carried one and owned many over 25 years.

those are SWEET!! Thanks Robbie

Good gravy those are some ugly guns.

Whoa buddy...those could be fightin words!!!!! Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!!!! They shoot like nothing I have ever owned before!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheOhioan View Post
    Good gravy those are some ugly guns.
    Hmmm... I think they're incomparably gorgeous compared to a Glock!

One more thing, Rob, due to their gas-retard system design they even eject if the extractor is broken... just more designed-in reliablilty.

The mag release in the heel of the grip takes a little getting used to, but that's another common feature in some older German autopistols. The catch can be released by wiping it against a belt buckle or similar so one-hand operation is retained.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Distinguished Member Array ripley16's Avatar
    One of the great guns, no doubt. Be sure you read up on piston and gas tube maintenance. Buy mags when you find them. Start looking for a set of tools, seen below.

VIP Member
    Actually, as of last summer those items are/were still available from H&K. I received my last magazine and bushing tool in November. They called about 3-4 weeks ago and said my scraping tool was ready to ship! Of course, I had already sold my P7 (regret) so I declined.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

[QUOTE=geohans;1509080]Here are my M8s. . . Carried one and owned many over 25 years.

Very nice and "handsome" pistols.

I have both an H&K 4 and USP compact 9mm. Luv em both.

GaryB

please no "R" word. . .

I love my HK. It was expensive compared to some other models but fired accurately and consistenly right out of the box and has never failed to eject and has never jammed on me.

Distinguished Member Array Siafu's Avatar
    They do shoot nice but the one I had would get real hot after only 2 magazines. The gas port was directly over the trigger area. The ones in the above photo are the ones that had the plastic heat shield and the american style mag release. mine did not have either of those features. It had the euro-style mag release at the heel of the grip and no heat shield. When I tell you HOT i mean HOOOOT! If you touched the area with your finger by accident you would flinch from the discomfort. And the high quality steel of the frame was slow to cool. I really liked the way the gun shot but it was not destined to stay in the stable with a design oversight like that.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links