New 2010 CBOB Range Report + Pics

This is a discussion on New 2010 CBOB Range Report + Pics within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well I had been thinking of making the plunge, but I really did not think it would be TODAY! I rented a used Kimber Compact ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New 2010 CBOB Range Report + Pics

New 2010 CBOB Range Report + Pics

Well I had been thinking of making the plunge, but I really did not think it would be TODAY! I rented a used Kimber Compact stainless and shot the last 50 FMJ's the shop/range had yesterday with a buddy. Well it was my first 4" .45. It shot like a dream. I looked at the DW on the shelf as I left...
    Today I left the house with errands to run with the CBOB on my mind. I just could not decide what would make me decide whether or not it would even be the DW let alone how to decide when to buy.
    Then when I stopped for gas as I walked around the back of my car I found a $5 bill on the floor.
    My lucky day I thought.
    Well, if it's my lucky day I wondered just how lucky I was. I knew that if I did decide to buy it that they would have no FMJ for me to shoot there. So I decided to take a ride to a gunshop a little further away.
    If I was lucky they would be open on Sunday.
    If I was really lucky they would have some.45 ACP FMJ for me.
    They did, (my lucky day so far) I bought a hundred rounds and a cheap leather IWB holster (less than $70 total) At this time I do not even own a .45, or even know if the DW is still there to be bought...

So the next thing was to drive back to my town to the shop with the CBOB on the shelf and stare down the CBOB and see who blinked.

Hehehe, it was my lucky day.
    How spur of the moment was this? I have been waiting to clean it ALL DAY since shooting it, and just as I started to post this... as the pics were uploading I realized I DO NOT have a kit to clean .45 caliber pistols!!! HA!

It is still dirty in these pics, not the best but good enough for now.

This is the first 50 rounds of Remington 230gr FMJ @ approx 18ft (probably rounds 50-100 of .45 in my life and rounds 1250-1300 total for pistols in my life)
    I now know what "Tack Driver" really means.

This is the next 50 rounds of FMJ + 14 rounds of Black Hills 230gr JHP @ 18ft
    ... Gettin better all the time....

And here is the new joy C124CZ

I did NOT take it apart before shooting (at this writing I still have never disassembled a real 1911) I just oiled it a little and shot 50 rounds, then oiled and shot 50 more with no issues.
    When I switched to the JHP's I had some FTF's (only on the first round from the mag) so I looked in side and just sort of cleaned the dirty gray ramp with my pinky finger.
    At that point the mag only had 7 in it, but this time it fed in and shot fine. I took 1 round from the next magazine and it fed fine.

Wow it is fun to see the center of the paper target fly away.

SledZep01

2. Remove Ads

Nice looking gun, what are you going to carry it in? Looks like you'll have no trouble with hitting center of mass.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

Good looking gun, impressive that it ran so well out of the box with no cleaning too. Sounds like you've got yourself a keeper.

I have some cheapo $16 leather clip on in the car (forgot to bring it in) for right away.
    I do not know what to use. I want IWB. I have a belt/holster/mag pouch all picked out for my P238 but I bought a nylon? IWB clip on for it (Just to have something) and it already dissappears on my hip so I never bought it.

This iron will need a real belt and holster

Sled

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    All the Dan Wesson 1911's are outstanding handguns. Maybe the best quality semi-custom 1911s out there.
    When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

GM
    Sweet pistol!!! Congrats
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    nice looking piece there

spend some time to get to know her better. Check out one of the hundreds of videos on youtube how to take down a 1911. I think even Limalife has one.
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Quote Originally Posted by razor02097 View Post
    nice looking piece there

spend some time to get to know her better. Check out one of the hundreds of videos on youtube how to take down a 1911. I think even Limalife has one.
    Thanks Razor, I had seen many, I just had never done it before. I got it as clean as I could without the correct size tools for the bore.

Sled

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    the bore is the first step

make sure its unloaded

Refer to above pic
    push the checkered button enough to rotate the barrel bushing counterclockwise from 6:00 to about 4:00. Then release the tension and take the button off the spring. Rotate the barrel bushing clockwise from 4:00 to 9:00 then remove the bushing.

Refer to above pic
    pull the slide back till the slide stop notch (the one on the left) reaches the shaft of the take down lever (in the middle of the frame). Push on the dimple in the back to push the take down lever toward you then remove the lever.

Remove the slide

Remove the recoil spring

The barrel comes out the front of the slide

You have field stripped the gun
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

good report, my friend. congrats on the sweet new blaster.

It was more like
    Rotate the barrel bushing clockwise from 4:00 to 9:00 then remove the bushing.
    Oil
    Oil
    OIl etc etc

That was/is one tight bushing!

Sled

Beautiful gun! Will this be your carry piece? Great pics and thanks for sharing.

Distinguished Member Array Spec's Avatar
    sweet gun! got to love Dan Wesson
    NRA Certified Rifle/Pistol Instructor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G18CFw0lnD8

Accuracy ALWAYS WINS! So carry what you can hit with.

If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics stink.

This I promise, you will not be sorry with your purchase. The CBOB is my EDC and I love it. Congrats on a great pistol.

Senior Member Array McPatrickClan's Avatar
    That's an awesome gun. People say to stay away from short-bbl 1911-style pistols, but one gun that seems to run very well is the DW CBOB. I believe most anyone (including myself!) would be happy to own one. Congrats!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links