Laser for Taurus

Laser for Taurus

This is a discussion on Laser for Taurus within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hello to all people who believe that your safety is in your hands! This is my fist post. I am a life long shooter and ...

Thread: Laser for Taurus

Laser for Taurus

Hello to all people who believe that your safety is in your hands! This is my fist post. I am a life long shooter and hunter. My dad started me shooting before I could hold the pistol myself. I would put my hands on the grip, he would put his over mine and aim and I got to pull the trigger. Needless to say I was hooked! Under his excellent guidance, I could safely handle, shoot, clean, disassemble and store a variety of guns by the age of 10... as could many other kids of my generation. This led to a love afair with firearms that has at times been called addiction. Enough about me, on to my first question.

I carry a Taurus 7 shot titanium .357 for personal defense. One thing that seems crystal clear is... In the event I ever have to use it in a life or death situation... fear will be the overiding emotion. I have enough experience with 'Buck Fever' to know that controlling your emotions is the first requirement to effective shooting. A lazer seems to be a real advantage in 'landing' that all important first shot quickly. I practice all the time but... how does one duplicate a situation where someone is likely to die. I want to equip my revolver with a lazer sight but have not been able to find one for my gun specifically. Crimson Trace lists a grip lazer for a Taurus small frame but I don't think my revolver is a true small frame. Does anyone know if the C.T. lazer will fit my revolver... OR... does anyone know of a way to equip my revolver with a lazer that can be activated in a moment of panic.

Any help anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated!

Prdatr
    Last edited by SIXTO; February 23rd, 2010 at 02:28 AM.

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    Perhaps calling Crimson Trace will answer your questions.

Intimidation Effect

The laser also helps you deescalate a situation as well. The bad guy knows that the round it gonna hit it's target. Right there in the middle of his chest.

BTW LASER-Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation

Check out Taurusarmed.net

I tried contacting both Taurus and Crimson Trace... Which is exactly why I joined D.C.! No one seems to know the answer... My revolver has been discontinued and I could not get to someone at Taurus who knew if it is a true small frame. C.T. confirms that thier grip will fit a small frame and gave a list of models it will fit, mine is not on it, don't know if that is because it is discontinued or is a larger frame due to the 7 shot capacity. If you have dealt with large companies before, it is very difficult to speak to someone who knows much... I guess those in the know have moved on from the phone desk. I could just order a C.T. and try it then return it if it doesn't work. I was hoping to avoid that hassle and throwing shipping costs both ways out the window if it doesn't. I see that Laserlyte is making a smaller 'attach to the trigger gard' unit but that mount looks a bit weak to me and it will create holster problems for sure. Anyone have any experience with this system in a small, hard recoiling revlover -OR- does anyone know of a custom or other universal? Thanks!

Unless your model is exactly like one of the newer models, the Crimson Trace most likely won't fit. I bought a lasergrip for my Kahr MK9 and it did not fit because I own a limited edition early run. The frame is too thin and the grips did not install flush.

Sponsored Links