Picked up a Beretta 92 FS

This is a discussion on Picked up a Beretta 92 FS within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just picked up a brand new Beretta 92 FS the other day at Cabelas. They were having a sale and I got them to ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Picked up a Beretta 92 FS

I just picked up a brand new Beretta 92 FS the other day at Cabelas. They were having a sale and I got them to give me the sale price even though the sale had ended. I paid $549.00 and picked up 200 rounds of ammo for her. I could not resist so I went out and already squeezed off 100 rounds. I have never owned a 9mm before but I love shooting this weapon. Extremely smooth, and with a 5" barrel very accurate. The grip angle is perfect as I have larger hands and often like full size guns much better. I am pumped and now am looking for the right holster for the range. Are'nt guns great!

Cheers,
    Ilikeguns

VIP Member

Distinguished Member Array Gunnutty's Avatar
    The Beretta is a great pistol. Love mine. Mags are cheap and it is a pleasure to shoot. Congrats on your purchase.
    We will be much better off when we learn to deal with things as they really are, instead of how we wish them to be!

VIP Member
    I too am a fan of the M9. Just not as a combat pistol....

It is accurate and reliable, and about as easy to shoot as any pistol out there. I'm sure you'll get years of enjoyment out of it. I have a Safariland drop leg and a mag or two if you're interested...
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

A Beretta 92G SD (same as a 92FS) was my first pistol use in my first 4-day SD pistol course. The gun was fantastic, and I regret trading it off. It proved to be a bit large for CC, but is was a smooth shooting machine.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

VIP Member
    Congrats... The Beretta 92's are great. I carried one when I was a LEO, for a couple of years...
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

I like em alot. I remember in the 1990's every movie had a guy toting one of the 92's. We thought they were the shizzznizz when all of the wonder-nines came out.

CDNN had the engraved M9's in USMC, NAVY, ARMY or Air Force last year for $599. I picked one up for my dad (Army engraved with green grips). He refuses to shoot it though and hung it in a display case instead. Great looking gun but I never got to shoot it.

Yeah those Berettas are pretty. I have disturbingly small hands so I've got the little .380 84FS myself. Nice reliable gun, great fun at the range. Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    A Beretta 92G SD (same as a 92FS) was my first pistol use in my first 4-day SD pistol course. The gun was fantastic, and I regret trading it off. It proved to be a bit large for CC, but is was a smooth shooting machine.
    Ahhhh, I named my 92G-SD "Guido" and he is one fine pistol! I shoot USPSA, IDPA and often carry Guido in a TT Gunleather high ride pancake. You can't go wrong with a 92.
    "It's a big gun when I carry it, it is also a big gun when I take it out” – Clint Smith

I dont like 'em. My .02. The thing I think I dont like the most is the backward saftey. I know its position in the upper part of the slide and just a flick of your thumb forward throws it into fire, but its just odd. I carried one while I was in, but I also had another handgun with me. I never used the M9.

Good firearms when they are not military issue. Another reason: the issued ones were SLOPPY, worn out, piles of junk. Mine, would go bang, bang, and on the third round, would go full auto. I got a new one, I scrubbed the packing grease off it, but they just never grew on me. I feel like there are better firearms out there.

Again, dont get mad at me, its just my opinion. They have their place. I have one, it was a gift. However, I have never fired it. Its a "trophy" gun that sits in a case. It is a Marine pistol with gold inlays, etc. Its nice.

I had a Beretta 96c I wish I never got rid of...
    "Get out of my dreams and into my Kahr"

http://designlinetx.com/

I had a 92fs for many years and loved the gun. Accurate and reliable as heck. I also liked the ambi-safety since I'm a lefty. A little too big for me as an EDC gun, but a fine gun just the same. Good luck!
    "Leave the gun. Take the cannoli" Clemenza

I didn't care for them when I worked for the military, but I've been considering a stainless version. The stainless is gorgeous.

Ilikeguns....thanks for letting me shoot it at the range last night! That is one fine shooter. It's very accurate, comfortable in the hand and easy to keep on target for quick follow up shots. My wife thought is was quite comfortable to shoot and liked it very much. I like how easy it is to field strip it too.
    I do agree with the others that it might be a bit much for CC but for sure a great addition to your quickly expanding collection....it's a keeper.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links