say one thing do another

say one thing do another

This is a discussion on say one thing do another within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hello I would like to know how many really carry a 1911 or something else for full time carry? I ask this question because so ...

View Poll Results: Which do you really Carry?

Voters
297. You may not vote on this poll

83 27.95%
  • other

214 72.05%
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: say one thing do another

say one thing do another

Hello

I would like to know how many really carry a 1911 or something else for full time carry?

I ask this question because so many have been telling me oh ya 1911 all the way and then I see them or what ever and guess what no 1911 more like a glock or HK,sig you name it.

It sure would be nice if at least gun people would be honest, I love the 1911 and carry it about 80% of the time and will most likely increase that because even the glock is starting to get old to me. So if you can explain the reason you carry what you carry and be honest,I think it could be an interesting poll/thread.

Glock 19 is my EDC gun. Have owned a couple of 1911 style guns, but they have never lasted in my kit, they are just not my cup of tea, even though they were my issued gun in the Army. (I can say that the gun that I really cut my teeth on when I was first learning to use a handgun was a Browning Hi-Power.)

My wife's current EDC gun is the Glock 26, even though she carried a Colt Officer's Model .45 acp for about 3-4 years when her range/training/competing gun was a Para Ord P-14. She also owned a Colt Commander in 9mm, that never ran reliably, even after a couple of trips to Novak's for throat and reliability jobs - for use with FMJ ammo (not even HPs cuz it was just a range gun).

She likes the 1911 style much more than I do, but neither of us is currently carrying one.

I really like that Springfield EMP 9mm - I have been thinking of getting one, but can't justify spending $1,000 on a gun that needs a break in period (which is what about 90% of the owners that have one have said) My #1 requirement for a gun is 100% reliability, ok I'll settle for 99.999%, but that’s just me.

Just one man's opinion of course.
    Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    I didn't vote, you didn't have an option for both.
    Some days I carry my 1911, other days I carry a revolver and on some occasions both.
    I have several options for carry and rotate them depending on how I'm dressed and what I'll be doing on a given day.
    On a day when I'll be home, working and not out and about I may carry just a snubbie, since my gun safe is no more than 10 steps from the rest of the arsenal.
    Dressy occasions or those when I want to be 150% sure no one even has an idea that I might be carrying, again the snubbie.
    Most days I carry what I feel most comfortable with and that is either a steel K-frame or steel L-frame.
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

either Ultracarry Kimber .45 or Springfield EMP 9mm

(ok, and sometimes only my Ruger LCP, don't flame me, please)

Distinguished Member Array Spec's Avatar
    I love shooting a 1911... But they are just to big and don't hold enough rounds for my liking to carry. I like the heavy frames at the range but not for EDC.

If I'm going to carry a low capacity gun it is either going to be a small little Walther PPS or a S&W .357mag...
    NRA Certified Rifle/Pistol Instructor
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G18CFw0lnD8

Accuracy ALWAYS WINS! So carry what you can hit with.

If you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics stink.

Quote Originally Posted by Rugergirl View Post
    I didn't vote, you didn't have an option for both.
    Some days I carry my 1911, other days I carry a revolver and on some occasions both.
    I have several options for carry and rotate them depending on how I'm dressed and what I'll be doing on a given day.
    On a day when I'll be home, working and not out and about I may carry just a snubbie, since my gun safe is no more than 10 steps from the rest of the arsenal.
    Dressy occasions or those when I want to be 150% sure no one even has an idea that I might be carrying, again the snubbie.
    Most days I carry what I feel most comfortable with and that is either a steel K-frame or steel L-frame.
    Sorry did not think about that and I don't know how to add "Both" or I would.

Used to carry 1911. Wanted to carry in DA/SA mode. Went with H&K 45C.

VIP Member
    On most occasions, I prefer to carry my Commander. Knocking around in the garage or working outside, I might go with either a G19 or G21. It is all a matter of situation and circumstance. Honesty doesn't even come into the decision.

Is the point of your question, do I walk the walk or just talk the talk when it comes to carring 1911's?

I never espouse any particular make or model. Each of us chooses what works best. I will point out, though, if some one has lied about them before this poll, they will probably lie again.

Or, are you wondering if the 1911 is a dying platform that nobody actually carries anymore?

I can only tell you that I shoot my Colt faster and better that any other gun I have come accross. I have not shot everything and if I find one that works better, I'll switch to it. I don't belive in sentimentality where firearms are concerned.

I hope that answers your question(s). I'll let you worry about whether or not to believe me.
    If you have never broken your gun or bled on your gun in training, you're doing it wrong!
    Train hard, live easy.

1911 for me

I carry either a compact RIA or full sized RIA every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessie View Post
    Hello

I would like to know how many really carry a 1911 or something else for full time carry?
    It's a Compact 1911, but it is carried everyday.

Quote Originally Posted by RoadRunner71 View Post
    On most occasions, I prefer to carry my Commander. Knocking around in the garage or working outside, I might go with either a G19 or G21. It is all a matter of situation and circumstance. Honesty doesn't even come into the decision.

Is the point of your question, do I walk the walk or just talk the talk when it comes to carring 1911's?

I never espouse any particular make or model. Each of us chooses what works best. I will point out, though, if some one has lied about them before this poll, they will probably lie again.

Or, are you wondering if the 1911 is a dying platform that nobody actually carries anymore?

I can only tell you that I shoot my Colt faster and better that any other gun I have come accross. I have not shot everything and if I find one that works better, I'll switch to it. I don't belive in sentimentality where firearms are concerned.

I hope that answers your question(s). I'll let you worry about whether or not to believe me.
    I hear what you are saying!!!

Just remember when replying to this thread I know the reality of the internet and as it is with all threads it's mostly for fun any way.

GLOCK 19

Reliable, simple, accurate, 16 rounds, easy to conceal.

I have carried a 1911, and probably still would be if it were more reliable and I had spent the money for a proper holster and belt for it, but the reliability just wasn't there for me.

joker1
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Mic
    Glock 22 EDC, G27 in the summer when clothing is lighter. However I do own an Auto ord 1911 and a colt Gov 1911 that I open carry, mostly in the field and range.
    Timid people sleep peacefully at night because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Molôn Labé!

Sometimes.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links