SW M&P Apex Tactical

SW M&P Apex Tactical

This is a discussion on SW M&P Apex Tactical within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi, There may be a few of you guys who own M&P's and already have an Apex tactical "drop in" trigger sear (dooley know's what's ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SW M&P Apex Tactical

VIP Member

SW M&P Apex Tactical

Hi,

There may be a few of you guys who own M&P's and already have an Apex tactical "drop in" trigger sear (dooley know's what's up!), but I wanted to post my experience for those of you who may own M&P's, but have never heard of this product.

First and foremost, in a nutshell it's a 29.00 trigger job for your M&P pistol. Will it shoot like a finely tuned 1911? No..... Will it make your trigger pull a bit smoother and lighter? Heck yeah!

I started with a 5.6 .lb trigger pull in my M&P .45 and after I put in the drop in sear I ended up at 4.5 .lbs. This sear made a fantastic gun better!

Beyond doing what Apex claimed it would do, I wanted to mention that I personally spoke with Randy Lee about the product and a few questions I had. Randy not only answered my questions, he gave me is personal cell number and answered my questions after hours. This guy is the real deal. I can't say enough about Randy and Apex. Anyone who has seen me post on DC will know that I am pretty honest about my assessments, and I felt the need to speak about my experience.

I learned about Crossbreed and Craig from DC and I figured I would pass a long some quality information about another good company to work with.

Apex Tactical Specialties
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Senior Member Array KevinDooley's Avatar
    I'll give a hardy +1,000 to this.

I have the APEX sear, firing pin/striker block, and duty spring set installed. My trigger pull remained around 5.5# with the springs installed but there is 0 (ZERO) grittiness to the trigger and there is no staging to it at all. It's one solid. smooth pull to the rear and it now has a disctinct audible and tactile reset. Before these upgrades my M&P 9 was gritty and stagey and had no tactile reset. I went from shooting all over an index card at 15 yards to shooting all 17 rounds in a mag into a nice 2" ragged hole at 15 yards (when I take my time).

Can't say enough good things about the kit or the service - Randy, Scott and Lisa are all top notch!
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

The will to win is worthless if you do not have the will to prepare. -Thane Yost

Quote Originally Posted by KevinDooley View Post
    I'll give a hardy +1,000 to this.
    I also 2nd this, there is a mega-thread over on MP pistol forum on the sear, lots of happy M&P owners.
    While people are saying "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, ... and they will not escape. 1Th 5:3

Hi guys, I'd like to introduce myself. I'm Scott Folk, I'm one of Randy Lee's business partners at Apex Tactical Specialties.

Thank you all for your support with our products, we're very fortunate to have such an incredible following of our M&P parts. If I can answer any questions about our products, please feel free to PM or Email me at scott@apextactical.com

Thanks.

Scott

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    Hooray They came out with the M&P 45 kit!

will have to get me one
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Quote Originally Posted by Flork View Post
    Hi guys, I'd like to introduce myself. I'm Scott Folk, I'm one of Randy Lee's business partners at Apex Tactical Specialties.

Thank you all for your support with our products, we're very fortunate to have such an incredible following of our M&P parts. If I can answer any questions about our products, please feel free to PM or Email me at scott@apextactical.com

Thanks.

Scott
    I will vouch for Flork as being a very nice and knowable gun guy. A valued member of SIG Forum, an excellent smith, machinist and shooter, in short - he knows his ****!

I wouldn't let him date my Daughter, but that's another story....

Nick

Quote Originally Posted by Napa Nick View Post
    I will vouch for Flork as being a very nice and knowable gun guy. A valued member of SIG Forum, an excellent smith, machinist and shooter, in short - he knows his ****!

I wouldn't let him date my Daughter, but that's another story....

Nick
    Thank you Nick. Don't worry, I know better than to date customer's daughters.

Wish they had the M&P Apex sear available in 08.

I sent my M&P back to S&W for there Performance Center sear and trigger job. I love it and everyone who has shot it says it's the sweetest M&P trigger they've pressed. With overnighting the pistol and the work... it came to around $175. The Apex sounds like a great deal if your slightly mechanically inclined.

The new Apex web page is up.

Have a look - Welcome to Apex Tactical Specialties, Inc.

also see our face book page: Apex Tactical Specialties, Inc. | Facebook

We just received a write up in The Tactical Wire. If you're not familiar with The Tactical Wire I would encourage you to sign up for the bi weekly news letter. It's one of the best sources for the latest and greatest news in our industry.

We just received a write up in The Tactical Wire. If you're not familiar with The Tactical Wire I would encourage you to sign up for the bi weekly news letter. It's one of the best sources for the latest and greatest news in our industry.
    Thanks for the tip on the site...pretty cool info! When do you anticipate the DCAEK for the .45 being available again?
    If you have the organ donor box marked "Yes" on your concealed carry permit, you may want to consider more training.

I liked the Apex sear upgrade that I got one for each of my 5 M&P's... Even my 2 Pro models. Yes, it is THAT good.
    "Let me guess... This isn't about the alcohol or tobacco."

A small number of the 45 Sears just arrived at Apex yesterday. They were all that's needed to get the 45 DCAEKs ready to roll out.

They should be up on the Apex site in the next couple days.

VIP Member

Thanks.

Scott
    Scott,

All I can say is that Randy Lee rocks! I had a couple questions when I purchased my sear and he took my call and even gave me his cell number to chat while he was driving to the range. I cannot say enough about how I appreciated that! I love the sear too!
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

I also give a big thumbs up for Apex. Installed a sear and spring kit in my .45 FS. What a difference in trigger feel! Apex also has great customer service.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links