Glock 26 Pearce Grip Question

This is a discussion on Glock 26 Pearce Grip Question within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I purchased a Pearce grip extension for one of my 2 mags for my glock 26 today. I have to ankle carry it at work ...

Thread: Glock 26 Pearce Grip Question

Glock 26 Pearce Grip Question

I purchased a Pearce grip extension for one of my 2 mags for my glock 26 today. I have to ankle carry it at work so one mag stays the way it came for more concealability.

A few questions…

1. I could only get the 11/12 rounds in the mag.. I was finally able to get the 12th one in, but the mag would not lock into the gun, and when I took the 12th round out, the 11th round had a dent on the bullet casing… what am I doing wrong. (the gun store installed it BTW).

2. Are there any dependability issues by adding more rounds to the spring than it was originally designed?

Thanks for your answers in advance.

2. Remove Ads

Load it with the 11 rounds and let it sit for a few days, then try #12 once more. I bought the Pearce grip entensions w/o the extra rounds...but loading and letting it sit for a while should help.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by crf3973 View Post
    I purchased a Pearce grip extension for one of my 2 mags for my glock 26 today. I have to ankle carry it at work so one mag stays the way it came for more concealability.

A few questions…

1. I could only get the 11/12 rounds in the mag.. I was finally able to get the 12th one in, but the mag would not lock into the gun, and when I took the 12th round out, the 11th round had a dent on the bullet casing… what am I doing wrong. (the gun store installed it BTW).

2. Are there any dependability issues by adding more rounds to the spring than it was originally designed?

Thanks for your answers in advance.
    First off. Pearce grips/extensions are aftermarket. Glock does make a factory magazine for the G26 with +2 base (12 rounds, and it will cost you). Secondly, Pearce makes several aftermarket extensions for the Glocks. I have a few myself. Third......a lot of times, over-extending the magazines in one way or another may result with problems. Most of the time, those problems are with inserting the fully loaded magazine into the mag well on a closed slide.
    Let's pick apart your question one thing at a time here shall we?

It's not Glock OEM. If it's not Glock OEM, you can expect issues with it no matter what. Same goes for almost any brand name specific firearm and use of aftermarket products with it or the magazines. You have deviated from accepted practices here.
    Listen to yourself and what you are asking. Any time you knowingly go above and beyond what was originally designed, there will be issues. Dependability of your pistol and your magazines depends more on you relying on the original equipment than anything else. Change anything or deviate from the accepted and sold engineering, and you should do nothing but expect issues. A change from stock is always a risk. Dependability and/or reliability is out the window then. plain and simple. You've just created more variables and possibilities for things to go wrong. Nothing I could tell you would be more truthful than that. Take it for what it is.

I have seen the occasional problem with the +1 or +2 extensions on Glock magazines. It's not worth the problems for the extra rounds. Get the one that's just a finger extension if you need the extra grip (Sometimes called a "+0" extension). The Pierce have a bad reputation, but I've seen bad Glock OEMs, too. If you musssst have one, test it at the range and by carrying it. I have heard of, but never seen, of them breaking off by bumping against something and spraying out 11 or 12 cartridges along with a spring and follower.

When I had a 26, I used the Glock OEM 12 round mag. It comes with the larger spring to make sure that the rounds feed properly. The smaller spring for the 10 round mag "might" not have enough force to feed the rounds if they have a +2 floor plate.

You may have no issues at all. But I always like to use stock Glock parts in all of my Glocks.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

Thanks for your replies. After further review/research, I will only carry the pearce mag as a range mag.

I just ordered a glock 19 15 rd mag and A&G spacer from shooters plus.

This set up will make it a little bit larger than I was hoping for, but wont question reliability. Now in a way I have a g26 and g19 in one...

It's probably similar to the Glock factory extension that now comes standard on Glock 30 magazines. The capacity on those is 10, not 10 + 1.

Put 12 rounds in the magazine. Lock the slide back. Insert the magazine. Slingshot the slide.
    "An armed society is a polite society." -- Robert A. Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by crf3973 View Post
    Thanks for your replies. After further review/research, I will only carry the pearce mag as a range mag.

I just ordered a glock 19 15 rd mag and A&G spacer from shooters plus.

This set up will make it a little bit larger than I was hoping for, but wont question reliability. Now in a way I have a g26 and g19 in one...
    Good move, don't forget G 17 mags will also work just fine in your G26, 17 rounds in hand. Great for the range and back up. Little big to CC. But can be done. Good shooting!
    Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. PSALM 144:1

I CLING to my guns and my Bible.

I've never been able to fit all 12 rounds in the magazine.

I have one glock and several pearce extensions and can only fit 11 in each one.
    "People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both." — Benjamin Franklin

Links