Picked up my Walther PPS

This is a discussion on Picked up my Walther PPS within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Received my CPL yesterday. Went out yesterday night and picked up my PPS. Life is good Right now! Now for some range time. Al...

Thread: Picked up my Walther PPS

Picked up my Walther PPS

Received my CPL yesterday. Went out yesterday night and picked up my PPS. Life is good Right now!

Now for some range time.

Al

2. Remove Ads

Congrats! Did you buy in 9 or .40? It is a fantastic carry pistol in my opinion.

GM
    Congrats to the new pistol!!! Actually, yesterday I started a thread asking about the PPS 9mm, http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...lther-pps.html .
    Please do not forget the range report and to tell how you carry it. And of course we want pictures!
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

I was looking at them yesterday at the gunstore. I guess my thumbs are too short. I could not easily eject the mag without turning the gun 90deg to get out far enough on the lever to release the mag. But, my hand was worn out from shooting 150 rounds thru my keltec 380. I like the gun and the size. I wonder if the mag release lever loosens up over time.
    Be careful what you wish for. You just might get it ......

Try your trigger finger!

Next time, try to release the mag with your trigger finger. I find it is actually easier than using a standard button type mag release with the thumb. Your strong hand grip does not have to change at all, and your finger is off the trigger during a mag change anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by hihosilver View Post
    I was looking at them yesterday at the gunstore. I guess my thumbs are too short. I could not easily eject the mag without turning the gun 90deg to get out far enough on the lever to release the mag. But, my hand was worn out from shooting 150 rounds thru my keltec 380. I like the gun and the size. I wonder if the mag release lever loosens up over time.

Quote Originally Posted by RockStrongo View Post
    Next time, try to release the mag with your trigger finger. I find it is actually easier than using a standard button type mag release with the thumb. Your strong hand grip does not have to change at all, and your finger is off the trigger during a mag change anyway...
    +1 this is what I do with my PPS and my GFs PK380
    Exodus 22:2 "If a thief is caught breaking in and is struck so that he dies, the defender is not guilty of bloodshed"

I got the PPS 9, Haven't shot it yet I will this weekend. As far as the mag release I like it, only took a few minutes with it in hand to realize how nice it is. My trigger finger works best like other have said. Look forward to running a couple hundred round through it this weekend.

Al

Congrats on both accounts.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

I like mine! I am sure you will really enjoy yours,
    "Being PARANOID is just plain smart thinking when they are really out to get you!"

Quote Originally Posted by hihosilver View Post
    I like the mag release on the PPS. I can't reach it with my thumb either. I use my middle finger. I shoot this gun quite a bit, and I guess I just got used to the mag release.

In my last training class, the instructors wanted us to dump the mag without unholstering -- that proved to be un-doable.

Quote Originally Posted by ourwebstop View Post
    I use my middle finger.
    I'm a middle finger user as well. I want my trigger finger to be responsible for only 1 thing

Links