S&W Bodyguard .380

This is a discussion on S&W Bodyguard .380 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Looks like a nice little gun with built in laser. I have been looking to get a small .380 to be able to slip in ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: S&W Bodyguard .380

S&W Bodyguard .380

Looks like a nice little gun with built in laser. I have been looking to get a small .380 to be able to slip in my back pocket, this might be it. Anybody else thinking about getting one?
    Nothing Wrong With Shooting as Long as the Right People Get Shot.
    Clint Eastwood, Magnum Force, 1973

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Hivoltage View Post
    Looks like a nice little gun with built in laser. I have been looking to get a small .380 to be able to slip in my back pocket, this might be it. Anybody else thinking about getting one?
    I admit that I like the look and I'm in the market for a pocket .380. The deciding factor for me will be price.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

I agree, considering it comes with a laser, and what I paid for my LCP, I would like to see it under $400.

I agree, considering it comes with a laser, and what I paid for my LCP, I would like to see it under $400.
    That will probably be the killer for me. While I don't mind the laser it's not a requrement for me so I'll probably be better off picking up a p3at or another LCP. However im sure the laser is a selling point for some in which case I could see the appeal of the bodyguard. It also gets major cool points for looking like something out of bladerunner :)
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Talking I like it

Yes, I've been looking at and drooling over this gun. I have a Walther PPK/S .380 with CT laser grips on it, but I have arthiritus in my shooting hand and I need something a bit smoother.
    I really want to find a range that rents these so I can give it a go.
    I certainly would give it consideration but we'll see after I try one out
    Jack
    SEMPER FI
    Life member: DAV
    Life member: USMC
    Life member: MOPH
    Member: NRA
    Life member: VVA

I have been doing some reading and I will have 1 of these. I really like the looks of it, and as important as functionality is, looks is a big part of any decision I make to buy anything. When will they be in the stores, anybody know?

They do look nice I will admit but it appears (from the pictures anyway) that the switch to turn on the laser is not somewhere that you'd depress it while gripping the gun. So to me that's a bit of a downside. I am interested to see what price they put on it, but I'm loving my p238 and the SAS version makes me drool too.

They don't have a model with the laser feature deleted do they? I'd be more interested if it didn't have a laser.

the price will be high.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

Senior Member Array HowardCohodas's Avatar
    If Buds Gun Shop is any indication, the street price will be around $432 which compares favorably with the street price of an LCP plus LG-431. I never underestimate S&W marketing prowess.

I would have preferred Crimson Trace for the laser because I've been so pleased with the two I already own but Insight is a good company as well. The Bodyguard has several advantages over the LCP, (see below) but I'm personally indifferent to the safety.

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCohodas on another forum
    Check this out on S&W's web site: New Bodyguard. Some videos available at this link as well.

Bud's has it listed for you to place it on your wish list. They will notify you when it is available and what their price will be. Their estimated price is $432 as compared to the MSRP of $575. S&W BODYGUARD 380 109380 2.75 LASR BLK

S&W Press Release

<snip>
    BODYGUARD 380 Pistol

Compact, sleek and ergonomic, the BODYGUARD 380 delivers personal protection in an easy-to-carry platform. Chambered for .380 ACP, the lightweight pistol features a high-strength polymer frame with a black, Melonite(R) coated stainless steel slide and barrel. The new BODYGUARD 380 is standard with a 2 3/4-inch barrel, which contributes to an overall length of 5 1/4-inches and an unloaded weight of only 11.85 ounces.

The new pistol features a double-action fire control system, which allows for rapid second-strike capability. The BODYGUARD 380 has been further enhanced with a smooth trigger pull. Adding to its simplicity, the BODYGUARD 380 is standard with a manual thumb safety and an external take down lever and slide stop. On the lower portion of the frame, the pistol has been fitted with an integral INSIGHT laser, which is easily operated by both left and right-handed shooters. With its slim-line ergonomic grip, the pistol is comfortable in the hand and points naturally. To help aid in quick sight acquisition when the laser is not in use, the pistol includes black, Melonite-coated, stainless steel, drift adjustable dovetail sights. The BODYGUARD 380 is standard with a 6+1 magazine capacity.

<snip>
    Howard
    I carry a gun because I can't carry a cop!!
    Politically Incorrect Self Defense

Senior Member Array HowardCohodas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bmcgilvray View Post
    They don't have a model with the laser feature deleted do they? I'd be more interested if it didn't have a laser.
    Current unofficial reports are that S&W has no plans to offer the Bodyguard without the integral laser.
    Howard
    I carry a gun because I can't carry a cop!!
    Politically Incorrect Self Defense

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCohodas View Post
    Current unofficial reports are that S&W has no plans to offer the Bodyguard without the integral laser.

And I dont see why they should, the gun is marketed to those that want a laser on their gun.

I too will be getting one of these. Its a nice small concealable package WITH a built in laser (read: nothing extra to buy, or bulk up the conceal) I think the laser is a smart Idea for such a short barreled gun. We all like to think that we are a GOOD SHOT but in a time when SHTF and the BG is clamoring all over you, just look for the RED LASER DOT and pull! That IS what this gun is for, Self Defense.
    Last edited by JKPinPDX; February 27th, 2010 at 12:55 PM. Reason: Added a YouTube video link...
    " If you keep aiming for NOTHING, you will hit it every time! "

" If you keep aiming for NOTHING, you will hit it every time! "

First time I seen it in somebodys hand....I like it even better now!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links