Question about Glock 22

This is a discussion on Question about Glock 22 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a chance to buy a Glock 22 off of a friend, i haven't seen it or anything YET gonna try to look at ...

Thread: Question about Glock 22

Question about Glock 22

I have a chance to buy a Glock 22 off of a friend, i haven't seen it or anything YET gonna try to look at it this weekend. My question is how much are the G22's going for USED and in good/decent/poor shape? I feel that i can get it fairly cheap but i was just wondering. Also im unsure right now of what Generation it is. i know that will probably play a role in pricing.. Thanks in advance.
    "I would rather be Judged by 12, Than to be Carried by 6"

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Platinum13 View Post
    I have a chance to buy a Glock 22 off of a friend, i haven't seen it or anything YET gonna try to look at it this weekend. My question is how much are the G22's going for USED and in good/decent/poor shape? I feel that i can get it fairly cheap but i was just wondering. Also im unsure right now of what Generation it is. i know that will probably play a role in pricing.. Thanks in advance.
    Go to GunBroker.com to get an idea. Used Glocks seem to bottom out somewhere over $400, unless the dog chewed on it or it was dragged down the Interstate.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

I paid 325.00 for a c with three mags

I paid $489 new.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Got a used G-23 with night sites, moderate used for $340.
    G-23, 27, 35 (all .40)
    G-29 10mm
    H&K 45c
    Les Baer Thunder Ranch 5"

IHS
    Police trade-in G22s (2nd generation) in very good to excellent condition were $299 at Scottsdale Gun Club this past summer.

I have been pricing the used G22s (2nd and 3rd generation) for the last 3 weeks on Gunbroker.com, Gunsamerica.com and auctionarmy.com (auctions and classifieds), J&Gsales.com.

It looks like a) used police G22s are in abundance, in conditions from good to excellent, at all the various sites. They have been selling, whether in auctions that closed at, or in classifieds or dealer's straight sales, roughly at the $320-$400 range. Within that range, the higher prices are generally for those that come with multiple (2-3) hi-cap mags and a box. The used G-22s that are going for more than about $420 generally have used but still working tritium night sites. If you want ones with new/er tritium, expect the price to be closer to $550 or above.

At my local gun show a few weeks ago (southern Florida) I noticed that almost no one had a used Glock 22 - they all told me they sell fast and how.

These guys J&G Sales have a variety of used Glock 22s from the Detroit Police Department in prices from $399 to $420 in good to great condition and both 2nd and 3rd gens available. Might be a good idea to print a page and have that with you when you talk to your pal -- just to show a non-auction price as an upper limit.

Michele
    People who like this sort of thing will find this the sort of thing they like.
    - Abraham Lincoln

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
    - Winston Churchill

If one were to put a very lightly used Glock on a consignment shelf at a local store, they would get about 385 bucks out of the deal. This assumes very little wear like 0-200 rounds, with all factory parts and box, and appearing in mint condition.

Merischino introduced me to this forum, and I was with her for the whole buying process in getting her Glock 22.

About $390.00 to $450.00 used. She bought hers at a gun show.

We just got back from the range, and I've had a chance to put quite a few rounds through her Glock 22 (.40 S&W 180 grain hardball range ammo), and I believe I'll get one myself when my financial circumstances permit.

The recoil was a little snappy and somewhat rough on my wrists, but I liked the way it shot. It felt very ergonomic in my hand, and it seemed like a natural 'pointer'. I found it easy to get a comfortable grip without shifting my fingers around, and the trigger seemed to break in a very 'crisp' manner without any of the grittiness that I sometimes feel in cheaper guns.

Malfunctions were zero despite a few deliberate attempts to 'limp wrist' a stovepipe.

The glock is so durable, that I wouldn't hesitate to get one used. I've seen pictures of people burying them in sand and mud, and the weapon actually functions without a detailed cleaning even under those abusive circumstances.

i wouldn't pay more than $300. that's the most any gunshop would give your friend.

a friend of mine owns a gunshop, and he gives $300 for a used glock in good shape, $350 if it has night sites that still glow.

Links