Problem with XDsc .40 9 round mags

This is a discussion on Problem with XDsc .40 9 round mags within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My 9 round magazines are not ejecting properly lately. The gun has approximately 500-600 rounds through it with no failure to fires. However, of late ...

Thread: Problem with XDsc .40 9 round mags

My 9 round magazines are not ejecting properly lately. The gun has approximately 500-600 rounds through it with no failure to fires. However, of late 2 of my 4 magazines have become rather sticky when inserting and ejecting them into the gun, they cycle cleanly once they're in the gun. The 2 magazines I am having problems with are the ones that I use for practice regularly and they are maintained, as is the gun. There are obvious wear marks both on the front side(side facing muzzle) of the problem magazines and where they rub on the inside of the handle. It's very odd...

If you look very closely you can see small convex dents in the front of the mags that are sticking in the approximate positions the loaded rounds would be when fired. Is it possible the recoil of the gun is snapping the bullets into it and denting it over time?

Am I simply holding it incorrectly and causing this problem?
    Culture cannot be inherited. The culture of previous ages will vanish unless each new generation wins it for itself again and again. Only that for which we have worked, or even suffered, truly belongs to us. - Zoltan Kodaly

Any ideas out there?
    Culture cannot be inherited. The culture of previous ages will vanish unless each new generation wins it for itself again and again. Only that for which we have worked, or even suffered, truly belongs to us. - Zoltan Kodaly

Sounds like the bullets are slamming into the front of the mag under recoil. Odd.

It's possible you aren't holding the pistol tightly enough.

I'd use the functional mags, try using a tighter grip, and see what happens over time.
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, Mini 14; Marlin 336 .30-30; Mossberg 500
    CT Lasers

Well, I sent the magazines back to springfield on Wednesday. The lady on the phone said they would have the smiths take a quick look but they would be replaced free of charge. Absolutely fantastic customer service, she didn't think twice about getting new ones for me.

Does anyone else have any other ideas on the cause of this problem I'm having? I'd like to not have it become recurring..

Interesting, never heard of this problem over on XDtalk..

Sounds like SA lived up to their fanatic CS though.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws."-Penn Jillette

Sponsored Links