DAO Kahr T40

This is a discussion on DAO Kahr T40 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So there I was searching around online for me next CCW gun. I stumbled across a mention of the Colt 1903/1908 in .380 While I ...

Thread: DAO Kahr T40

DAO Kahr T40

So there I was searching around online for me next CCW gun. I stumbled across a mention of the Colt 1903/1908 in .380 While I love the idea of getting one and getting it all restored and tweaked, i figure it would be a little cheaper to find something similar in a new handgun. Well, after a little research I figured I would look at the Kahr lineup. Wouldn'y you know it, my gun shop has a used T40 with the tritium sights for 500$ They had a K40 rental so I took it for a ride...my first time with a DAO was a bit humbling, let me tell ya.

So, my question is sort of two parts. First, does anyone have anything negative about the T40? Especially at that price?

Second, aside from practice practice practice, are there any tips or tricks to getting used to a DAO after only using 1911 style DA/SA?

2. Remove Ads

Like you said practice it will come with practice. That is a average price for a used Kahr.

kahr are good guns. but the colt is the way to go, hard to beat. now you can get the kel-tec 380. but you will work on it some (that is part of the fun of having a good gun) the colt and kel-tec will fit in your pocket and nobody will see them.

You take a 1903 and a T9 side by side, and they are damn near the same, I carry the T9 every day, its a great pistol and the best one Khar makes imo, The trigger does take a little time but once you get use to it all is well,, price sounds about fair

All good guns...I have gotten used to the trigger on my Kahr P9...It has a very smooth, consistant break...after a while it will become second nature to you. Good luck with the search.
    -Bill

"Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it."

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    Personaly when i pretty much went dao for carry ( a couple of kahrs and a kel tech ) i got out my old mod 17 smith .22 revolver and put a couple of thousand rounds thro it da to polish back up my skills , i had forgotten how dammed fun da can be lol
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Overall, I really liked the way the K40 shot. Though I was a bit put off by so many shots showing up in the white. I can't really blame the gun for that though. I have to imagine that the T40 being a tiny bit larger would actually fit my hand a bit better since my pinky went completely below the magazine on the K40, something else that I am not used to yet.

Now, If I can only find some way to justify the cost of another gun. My birthday is coming up, I wonder if the gun shop has a layaway...

Trigger control is the secret to shooting well with Kahrs. Don`t try to stage it,just pull it through nice and smooth. Contact the trigger face with the pad of your trigger finger so your pull is straight back. Also if I don`t do this my trigger finger hits my thumb before the trigger breaks. Once I got the hang of the trigger I found my P-40 capable of impressive accuracy,especially for it`s size and weight. It`s less pleasant to shoot than the steel frame Kahrs but it carrys effortlessly. Marcus

Links