New LDA Para 45 ACP

This is a discussion on New LDA Para 45 ACP within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; PDA (.45 ACP) Product Code: CWX645R Caliber: .45 ACP Capacity: 6+1 This is one little cool carry gun and should be for $1200. I am ...

Thread: New LDA Para 45 ACP

New LDA Para 45 ACP

PDA (.45 ACP)
    Product Code: CWX645R
    Caliber: .45 ACP
    Capacity: 6+1

This is one little cool carry gun and should be for $1200. I am buying one and love the action.

2. Remove Ads

Just pray that it works!!! I went thru 2 of them that were out of the box defectives... and Para could care less...it will cost you $75 plus every time you have to send it back. The finish will start flaking off if you remove it more than twice out of the holster and Para doesn't cover it...even on a week old gun that never functioned right from the beginning. And $1200 is WAAAAY to high for a PDA..I gave $950 for the one I bought...and lost over half trying to get rid of it!!!!..You are in Dallas...drive over to Cheaper than Dirt and ask those guys their opinion of Para's, go to M1911.org and check out the Para section. I hate to see another fellow get that feeling in your stomach when you realize that you just spent a grand for a piece of junk that the factory could care less about...I would run from Para as fast as I could...Just trying to help...Robbie

GM
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead55 View Post
    PDA (.45 ACP)
    Product Code: CWX645R
    Caliber: .45 ACP
    Capacity: 6+1

This is one little cool carry gun and should be for $1200. I am buying one and love the action.
    That is a good looking pistol. Good luck and enjoy.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

I loved the way it felt...and the rounds that i got to shoot were accurate...

I have heard horror stories about ParaOrdnance products. The only one that I own is a double stack P 13-45 but it was taken apart, blueprinted, new trigger job and then coated with a teflon like coating. It runs great and with several hundred rounds thru it, not a single malfunction.

The little 45 LDA feels great in the store and that is all I know. Mucho dinero so I hope that it works!

It seems that the older ones were great...it is the newer ones that are causing the problems...good luck with it..

Damn thats nice

VIP Member
    Para makes some awesome looking 1911's. If it weren't for their reputation, I'd have picked up a Warthog long ago.

I own 4 Paras.

The oldest is a 14.45 LDA purchased over 10 years ago. It is kind of loose, in traditional 1911 fashion, and has never had any problems, other than some small debris getting in the hammer linkage. That was cleared at the range.

About 8 years ago I bought a 12.45 LDA, 3.5 in. It didn't always go into battery without a nudge, until it probably had 3-400 rounds through it.

After the last presidential election, I couldn't decide whether I needed another full size gun, or a smaller carry gun. I was afraid to wait, so I bought both.

One was a stainless NiteTac, full size .45 with 14 round capacity and the other was a PDA 9mm, 3 in with 9 round capacity. Both were much tighter than my old Para.

The NiteTac jammed (stovepipes mostly) almost every shot for the first 200 rounds. I kept shooting it until the ammo all disappeared from the stores. The last 3-4 boxes went through it with no stoppages.

The PDA had a problem with the trigger not re-engaging the sear after a shot. I lubed it good, again shot around 250 rounds until the problem pretty much went away. Out of probably a total of 600 rounds through it, the the last 200-300 have rounds have had no problems.

Moral of the story is that Paras are tight, and may need extensive break in. If I was starting over, I don't know if I would go this route again.

Little Para 45 LDA

Good looking critter.

I have a Para CCO (CWX745S) LDA and it's a great shooter!

The only 2 issues I've had with it are/were minor ones...

1) It doesn't like the cheap Remington UMC Greenbox ammo (which is ok, cause neither do I)

&

2) I had one factory mag that didn't work real well...again no big deal I've bought other mags for it and have regulated the one it doesn't like to range use only.

Carries great in a UBG Canute.
    When Guns Are Outlawed, Only Outlaws will have guns

Just remember, When seconds count help is mere minutes away

Also remember, When you go to trial by jury you are putting yourself into the hands of 12 people who weren't smart enough to get out of jury duty.

I bought a bran new Para 7-45 LDA ( an older model that hadn't sold so I got it for $640) The LDA due to department double action only requirements. Never had a miss fire or failure to feed right from the start. I would have rather had a Colt or STI, but Para was the only one available with double action. Colt had the Double Eagle, but it never worked right and was discontinued.

I have four Para LDAs. A P-12, a CCO, a companion and the PDA 9mm. The 9mm gave me problems for 100 rds, then smoothed out. . . I love that gun. The p-12 I bought used, it runs like a top, never a problem. Teh CCO and Companion needed 50 - 75 rds to smooth out. All work fine.

Doc

I have an older C7.45 LDA, and it is one of my favorite carry guns. It did develop feeding problems a couple of years ago after many thousands of rounds so I called Para Ordnance and they had me send it in. They put in a new recoil system, upgraded all the springs, and put on a new pair of trijicon night sights all free of charge. Since the repair it has been flawless.
    IF YOU STAY READY, YOU AIN'T GOT TO GET READY

Links