Introducing OnTarget Custom Gunworks

This is a discussion on Introducing OnTarget Custom Gunworks within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi all, It was suggested that I put up a general post here about the work that I do and services that I offer. I ...

Thread: Introducing OnTarget Custom Gunworks

Hi all,

It was suggested that I put up a general post here about the work that I do and services that I offer. I will confess, that I frequent a lot of gun boards and it was a customer that allowed me to know you all were here. Great forum from what I have seen and a topic that is near and dear to me.

I am a gunsmith living near Denver, CO. I have been into guns and shooting since the age of 5. Hunting and shooting with my Dad and brothers. I developed a severe addiction to handguns in general but mainly to the 1911 and Hi Power. I will also admit that I am a big fan of CZs as well. I have a fully equipped yet small shop that offers most if not all of what you would seek from a gunsmith. I can do all of the most often requested work like reliability work and trigger jobs to full custom builds. I am currently working on what the customer feels is the ultimate carry gun. It will be a Caspian Stainless commander with a bobtail. The barrel will be a Barsto with Nowlin/Wilson ramp. This is a full house build with the slide featuring arrow serrations on a flat topped slide, Hienie straight 8's with the "Yo-Bo" cut for the rear sight that allows it to seat a bit deeper into the slide, French borders and no logos on the slide except my signature logo very small at the back of the slide. The frame will have hand cut 25 LPI checkering on the front strap and the bob tail will also have hand cut 25 LPI checkering. All of the internal pieces are top of the line from Brown, Wilson, EGW and so on. Should be a tack drivin' pocket rocket.

I also offer full services for the Hi Power such as stippling and checkering of the front and rear straps, reliability tuning and trigger work and all of the other fun stuff like flat topped and serated slides, Novak or Hienie sights, Barsto barrel installs, tuning, tightening, barrel crowning and so on. I am really working to get the web site up to snuff, but for right now the best thing would be to email me at ontarget1911@gmail.com and let me know what you might be interested in doing. I will also let you know that if you mention that you are a member of the CombarCarry forum, I will also offer an addtitional discount off of labor and parts. I do this because of the type of people that I have found here (very nice and welcoming) but also this is the type of pistols that I do. Something that you may have to depend on to protect yourself or loved ones and that you need to work everytime.

Nice to get to know all of you and if I can ever be of service, just give me a holler. If email does not work, feel free to call me at 303.921.6587 during normal hours MST.

Jess Gypin
    OnTarget Custom Gunworks

Whenever a strong man, fully armed and equipped, is guarding his own castle, he enjoys peaceful possession of his property" Luke 11:21ontarget1911@gmail.com
    OnTarget LLC Custom Gunworks
    http://www.ontargetcgw.com
    http://p101.ezboard.com/bfnhipower

VIP Member
    Hi there Jess; I've been to your site and noticed that in the "packages" page of your site, you have a bunch of different packages for the 1911 and BHP. I can't access what the options are to your packages or their prices.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

VIP Member
    Welcome.

If possible, you should post pics of your newest creation. Would love to see them.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

Administrator

Thumbs up Hi Jess

Thank You for keying us in on the general & custom gun smithing services that you provide.
    You seem like a really nice (and obviously talented) guy that will not be satisfied with "putting out" anything less than a great High Quality job.

The custom Caspian (w/ Flat Topped Slide) in a Commander length pistol sounds absolutely fantastic.
    Obviously, you are using all top quality parts & perfect sights for serious/ultimate carry work.
    Caspian, Bar~Sto, Heinie, Brown, Wilson, EGW....All strictly Top Notch.
    You sure are using the best quality internals fitted to a nice, fully machined slide ~
    Yep...that should be a highly accurate "Dream Carry" Firearm.
    I'll look forward to drooling over some future photos of that nice sounding custom piece.

Most of our members should already know that when a custom gunsmith starts a "build" with parts of that ultra~high quality then the finished product simply cannot not be cheap in price.

One only needs to go to a place like Brownell's and investigate the initial cost of the individual parts to learn that those parts are quite expensive even BEFORE being custom fit to any particular firearm.

Your full service Hi Power work sounds great also.

In addition it is very kind of you to offer a discount to our CombatCarry.com members.
    Most of us would just be happy to know where we could get good quality, skilled work done without getting "hit over the head" with super highly inflated labor prices.
    Even a modest member discount would be an appreciated and added bonus.
    Thanks! for deciding to do that!
    I'm positive that you'll catch some business from our great CombatCarry members.
    My Best Luck To You With Your Custom Smithing ~
    May you Prosper & Stay Healthy, Safe, & Happy.

Welcome, Jess! Beautiful work!
    "If you so much as bunny hop I'll cut your heart out!" Billy Bob Thornton in The Last Real Cowboys

"I carry a gun for the same reason that I carry health insurance and a cell phone - be prepared."

Hey Jess, Show them what you did for me.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence in their behalf. - George Orwell

There is a post on bobtailed S&W commander that shows the work that I did for tegemu in another thread. Seemd to have turned out pretty nice.

Jess
    "Whenever a strong man, fully armed and equipped, is guarding his own castle, he enjoys peaceful possession of his property" Luke 11:21ontarget1911@gmail.com
    OnTarget LLC Custom Gunworks
    http://www.ontargetcgw.com

Distinguished Member Array Gunnutty's Avatar
    Welcome, I may have to pull my BHP out of mothballs. Your work looks great.

Welcome Jess! Glad to have you aboard!
    Firefighter/EMT
    "You've never lived until you've almost died. For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know" - T.R.

<----My LT was unhappy that I did not have my PASS-Tag at that fire. But I found the body so he said he would overlook it. :)

Welcome good looking stuff

Sponsored Links