Took the SR9 Compact back out

This is a discussion on Took the SR9 Compact back out within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; And it ran flawlessly..now have about 350- 400 rounds through it in the last 3 weeks. It does not like WWB but all other ammo ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Took the SR9 Compact back out

Took the SR9 Compact back out

And it ran flawlessly..now have about 350- 400 rounds through it in the last 3 weeks. It does not like WWB but all other ammo I could throw at it its eaten 100% not a flaw. Today I ran 25 of those Remington UMC 115 Grain JHP's through it they all ran 100%(they go in the 17 round mag for CC) also ran more Blazer Aluminum, some Remington UMC round nose 115 grain, some Federal 115 grain round nose stuff I got at Walmart yesterday about 75 -100 total rounds all good not a hitch....cant wait to get my holster now so I can finally actually carry it lol. Oh also took out the magazine disconnect since I do that as part of routine cleaning anyways to get to the stryker....I just left it out...the slide is NOTICEABLY smoother with it out to be honest.

2. Remove Ads

Good news! Keep us posted..on the performance.
    Blessed be the LORD my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight. PSALM 144:1

I CLING to my guns and my Bible.

yeah I figured id try to let everyone know if it was doing well and it is.

I've got a buddy that has the itch for a SR9c bad. I've handled one in my local shop and they're sweet. Ruger makes quality products...I've got a couple of them myself.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

what is the going price for one. i have not seen one in the local stores. like to get my hands on one to get the lay out of the gun.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

Sounds good. Odd that it doesn't like WWB, but will take Blazer aluminum ! I have usually seen the opposite.

ntg
    So has the trigger started to smooth out after that kind of round count? I'm interested to know.
    M&P Shield9; RIA 1911 Tactical 9mm;...many long guns

Ok lets see where to begin....oh check out the newer Gins and Ammo mag I just got ine today and the SR9c is the cover gun and they do a full review. lets see what else..going price is around $399-410...mine was $403. The trigger I dont know...its NOT the same one thats in the regular SR9 its a completely different trigger so to me it was almost "Glock like" out of the box and has only gotten better..so I never had a issue with the trigger straight out of the box after their redesign of it its been great...all the NEW SR9's will have this trigger and ALL the SR9c's already have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie8D View Post
    Sounds good. Odd that it doesn't like WWB, but will take Blazer aluminum ! I have usually seen the opposite.
    yup dont know got a buddy that reloads looking at that now he thinks its because WWB runs their tollerances on the lose side so they easily feed in anything..he thinks that tiny bit of dispartiy MAY be causing the round to fall a tad bit further down the barrel throat thus making it a bit further for the firing pin to strike it..what he said makes sense to me as with over 400 now of other rounds from Blazer aluminum(hard primers), Federal,American Eagle,Speer Gold dot,Remington UMC in round nose and hollow points, Blazer brass,and some reloads its been 100% with EVERYTHING else..so I will just stay away from WWB lol. even the last box of WWB ran 99% only 1 out of a 50 round box didnt fire..but im fine with that as everything else works 100% no flaws.

The SR9C has a much improved trigger over the original SR9. I understand the upgraded design is now in the SR9 also.

My SR9C couldn't be sweeter on the trigger IMHO... Very impressed with the gun. Now, just need to find a decent pocket holster so it won't print in my jeans.
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by 44Merc View Post
    The SR9C has a much improved trigger over the original SR9. I understand the upgraded design is now in the SR9 also.

My SR9C couldn't be sweeter on the trigger IMHO... Very impressed with the gun. Now, just need to find a decent pocket holster so it won't print in my jeans.
    Dan
    id never be able to pull off pocket carry..the grip is smaller(chopped) but the slide its almost Glock 19 size just too big for me to pocket carry.

I'd by an inexpensive uncle mike's IWB until your other one comes in.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

I just bought my SR9C Thursday for around $400. The grip feels like a 1911slim but not too slim and what a great trigger. You can add a pinkie extension on the mag which comes with it. I haven't shot it yet, but it feel very good in hand.

Any takers on when Ruger will recall it?
    "The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people; it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government".
    Patrick Henry

Quote Originally Posted by C Bennett View Post
    And it ran flawlessly..now have about 350- 400 rounds through it in the last 3 weeks. It does not like WWB but all other ammo I could throw at it its eaten 100% not a flaw. Today I ran 25 of those Remington UMC 115 Grain JHP's through it they all ran 100%(they go in the 17 round mag for CC) also ran more Blazer Aluminum, some Remington UMC round nose 115 grain, some Federal 115 grain round nose stuff I got at Walmart yesterday about 75 -100 total rounds all good not a hitch....cant wait to get my holster now so I can finally actually carry it lol. Oh also took out the magazine disconnect since I do that as part of routine cleaning anyways to get to the stryker....I just left it out...the slide is NOTICEABLY smoother with it out to be honest.
    I did that with my P345 when I replaced the rear sights. I'm glad they make it so easy to remove if wanted. Good to know that it is even easier on the SR9C in case i ever pick one up. Congrats on the new Ruger may it serve you just as well as my 8+ Rugers do

Ruger sr9 Compact

Quote Originally Posted by frankmako View Post
    what is the going price for one. i have not seen one in the local stores. like to get my hands on one to get the lay out of the gun.
    $389 at Hoffman's in Newington Ct.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links