Finally got a CC pistol I'm 100% happy with.

This is a discussion on Finally got a CC pistol I'm 100% happy with. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; A bit long winded... Finally!! After several years, and sevaral guns. I found my peice for me. My Kimber UCII, My PM45 were great...just didn't ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Finally got a CC pistol I'm 100% happy with.

Finally got a CC pistol I'm 100% happy with.

A bit long winded...

Finally!! After several years, and sevaral guns. I found my peice for me.

My Kimber UCII, My PM45 were great...just didn't fit the bill in the capacity department.

So I tried a Taurus PT145..size is great, capacity was exactly what I was after....just didn't hold up to being reliable enough to stake my life and the life of my wife and baby on. Started jamming after about 600 rounds...on the constant

SO of to the Homework route I went...again.

Well the G36 was nice....just didn't have the capacity. Then Walla! I found the G30!! BINGO!!

So I went on the search for it...no gun store had one around. Did not want to order online.....a gun is one of the few things I won't order online. Then I found a fun shop that just got ONE in two days ago.

When I went in a guy was looking at it . He wanted it. Said he be back with his check book in about two hours....well I have couple hundred dollars on me and my PT145 in the car....after he left I eyeballed it, and said I'll be right back (knowing the other guy wants it, and is on his way to get the means to get this gun, THE ONLY ONE in the area). SO I grab my Taurus and traded up to the Glock 30, with factory night sights...and never thought a second about giving up the Taurus cause I knew in my gut I was makeing a good decision that would serve me well.

SO...I'm now a proud owner of a Glock gun. Took it to the range and right out of the box... literally, with just a small squirt of rem oil. From the counter to the range.....MAN this thing is awesome 250 rounds of ball, 25 rounds of my HST, and 25 rounds of my Winchester Ranger. Not one fluke.

Took it home...SOOOOOO easy to break down, clean and lube.

Why I didn't see, or even know of this gun before I dunno....but that's all in the past and I'm looking forward to a long growing relationship with my G30.

OH get this...conceals better than most of my other CC pistols....except the PM45...that was a great concealer...just didn't have the capacity.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Glad you found something you will be happy with.

Stay safe

Sigmanluke
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

Glock is nice, good for you.
    NOT LIVING IN FEAR, JUST READY!!!
    I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness,
    nor the arrow for its swiftness,
    nor the warrior for his glory.
    I love only that which they defend.
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

VIP Member
    I'm with you, Frogbones.

I spent the last several months researching just about every .45 on the market. I intended to get a 1911 of some sort. However, once I refined it down to exactly what I wanted in a .45, the G30 stood out head and shoulders above the rest. Granted, I'm still in the 'honeymoon' phase with it - but this may prove to be my favorite. Congrats!

Glad you found something your happy with! I'm still loving my PT145 but I have only been carrying/shooting it for 2 months. It's as long as I have ever been happy with a CCW pistol. If I'm ever not happy with it a G30 will probably be my replacement.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Welcome to my world! Love my G30. 100% reliable. The size difference between the G30 and G36 isn't that much in the real scheme of things.

I added an extended slide lock release (didn't like the stock version) and bought a G21 mag for it to increase home defense capacity.
    I didn't care for the white sights (on any make, not just Glocks) and am not a fan of night sights, so I painted the front and rear sight white areas with dayglo orange paint. Love it! The white sights seem to disappear into the background too easily for me.

I couldn't justify the added weight, size, and expense to go the 1911 route. But i'll have one of those too someday.
    Retired USAF E-8. Avatar is OldVet from days long gone. Oh, to be young again.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

VIP Member
    Glad you got something to work for you... The G30 is a great CC gun...
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    Glad you found something your happy with! I'm still loving my PT145 but I have only been carrying/shooting it for 2 months. It's as long as I have ever been happy with a CCW pistol. If I'm ever not happy with it a G30 will probably be my replacement.
    yeah, you know I hold no ill thoughts tward the PT145. I think it's a good pistol for the ongoing price. If the G30 was more plentifull around here, I would've saved the $$ and bought it outright and worked on the PT145. Like getting a set of USA made Promags for it...I'm pretty sure it wasn't the gun, but the factory mags...lots of nose diving.

But the way it all fell into place, It was what is was.

So does that mean you'll be selling your PM45...
    "Get out of my dreams and into my Kahr"

http://designlinetx.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Frogbones View Post
    A bit long winded...

Finally!! After several years, and sevaral guns. I found my peice for me.

My Kimber UCII, My PM45 were great...just didn't fit the bill in the capacity department.

So I tried a Taurus PT145..size is great, capacity was exactly what I was after....just didn't hold up to being reliable enough to stake my life and the life of my wife and baby on. Started jamming after about 600 rounds...on the constant

SO of to the Homework route I went...again.

Well the G36 was nice....just didn't have the capacity. Then Walla! I found the G30!! BINGO!!

So I went on the search for it...no gun store had one around. Did not want to order online.....a gun is one of the few things I won't order online. Then I found a fun shop that just got ONE in two days ago.

When I went in a guy was looking at it . He wanted it. Said he be back with his check book in about two hours....well I have couple hundred dollars on me and my PT145 in the car....after he left I eyeballed it, and said I'll be right back (knowing the other guy wants it, and is on his way to get the means to get this gun, THE ONLY ONE in the area). SO I grab my Taurus and traded up to the Glock 30, with factory night sights...and never thought a second about giving up the Taurus cause I knew in my gut I was makeing a good decision that would serve me well.

SO...I'm now a proud owner of a Glock gun. Took it to the range and right out of the box... literally, with just a small squirt of rem oil. From the counter to the range.....MAN this thing is awesome 250 rounds of ball, 25 rounds of my HST, and 25 rounds of my Winchester Ranger. Not one fluke.

Took it home...SOOOOOO easy to break down, clean and lube.

Why I didn't see, or even know of this gun before I dunno....but that's all in the past and I'm looking forward to a long growing relationship with my G30.

OH get this...conceals better than most of my other CC pistols....except the PM45...that was a great concealer...just didn't have the capacity.
    Another thread that is not helping my GLOCK 30 craving...

Congrats on your new GLOCK.

joker1
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

I have had a long love affair with my G30. It is my EDC. Today, I am carrying it in a Smartcarry because I work in an office full of people and cannot be made.
    I feel very well protected with this gun and it is the one I am most accurate with.

10 rounds of Federal 230 gr. +P HSTs (9 round mag). Awesome firepower for an SD package.

GM
    I am glad you finally found something that works for you. Enjoy!
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Senior Member Array threefeathers's Avatar
    Glock Perfection. BikerRN might chime in on this one.

kpw
    Last week it was the G19 everyone was talking about. This week it's the G30. Lots of good reasons I own both.
    "In a republic this rule ought to be observed: that the majority should not have the predominant power." -
    -- Marcus Tullius Cicero

Distinguished Member Array REVMAN's Avatar
    Glad you found a gun to satisfy your need. Congrats!
    Always put Jesus first in your life.
    NRA (Lifetime Member)
    U.S. Navy Vet.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links