I think i want to trade my SIG 239 in .40 for a KAHR pm 9

This is a discussion on I think i want to trade my SIG 239 in .40 for a KAHR pm 9 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; What do you guys thank ? am i simple?...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I think i want to trade my SIG 239 in .40 for a KAHR pm 9

I think i want to trade my SIG 239 in .40 for a KAHR pm 9

What do you guys thank ? am i simple?
    Guns dont kill people. people kill people
    Μολὼν λαβέ

2. Remove Ads

I love my Kahr PM9, it fits my summer time t-shirt and shorts carry spot. I think if you're only gun is the Sig....keep the sig as it is better for HD/vehicle purposes. But if you've got a pistol that holds more rounds than the PM9.....you will not be disappointed and will always have your defensive tool handy.
    "Being armed gives you options"

Kimber Pro Carry II; S&W M&P; S&W M&P9c; Walther PPS: Ruger SP101 357: Kahr P380 w/ CT; NAA 22mag; Rock River AR-15; NEF Pardner Pump; Benelli Nova

the sig

Quote Originally Posted by claybreaker0 View Post
    I love my Kahr PM9, it fits my summer time t-shirt and shorts carry spot. I think if you're only gun is the Sig....keep the sig as it is better for HD/vehicle purposes. But if you've got a pistol that holds more rounds than the PM9.....you will not be disappointed and will always have your defensive tool handy.
    The sig is a single stack .and is not high cap .7+1. As for pistols I have many so no problem there .
    Μολὼν λαβέ

Senior Member Array mr surveyor's Avatar
    I too have the P239 in .40 S&W, and find it just a bit too wide to suit my needs for comfortable daily IWB and the PM9 was a serious contender for a while, but I stumbled across a NIB CW9 for a good price last year and jumped on it. I traded P3AT from the collection during the market's mad rush for pocket guns, and a bit of cash and kept the P239 and very glad I did. My carry collection is now reduced to 5 different handguns and now lacks a sub compact since I traded them away over the last couple of years (except the wife's P32). The PM9 would definately fill the need for a sub-compact, and is still on the want list.

Tough decision if you absolutely have to make a choice of only one, but I would say keep the P239 and work towards an outright purchase of the PM9 in the future.

surv

edit to add: since you already have several other handguns.... keep them all and just get the PM9 too.

cw9

Quote Originally Posted by mr surveyor View Post
    I too have the P239 in .40 S&W, and find it just a bit too wide to suit my needs for comfortable daily IWB and the PM9 was a serious contender for a while, but I stumbled across a NIB CW9 for a good price last year and jumped on it. I traded P3AT from the collection during the market's mad rush for pocket guns, and a bit of cash and kept the P239 and very glad I did. My carry collection is now reduced to 5 different handguns and now lacks a sub compact since I traded them away over the last couple of years (except the wife's P32). The PM9 would definately fill the need for a sub-compact, and is still on the want list.

Tough decision if you absolutely have to make a choice of only one, but I would say keep the P239 and work towards an outright purchase of the PM9 in the future....
    I would go the CW9 if some one wanted to trade it does the same thing as the pm9
    Μολὼν λαβέ

Senior Member Array mr surveyor's Avatar
    If you intend to pocket carry, the PM9 is much more suited to the purpose. I don't care for pocket carry, but do carry "boot style" on occassion. The CW9 is just a bit too big for my boot top, but the PM9 would do nicely. I still want the PM9 myself, for that purpose, but still not willing to give up my P239

surv

Senior Member Array Freedomofchoice's Avatar
    I have a Sig 239 in 40 cal. I also have a Kahr CW9. Here's my opinion: Let me start by saying the Sig has been 100% flawless, great trigger, and all the other positives of a Sig. However, I do believe that it is an out of date design. It's too big, too heavy, size to fire power ratio makes it that way. For some reason, it is one of two guns I own (the other being a Glock 30) that I have never bonded with, and wish I had never bought.

The Kahr is slim, light, has a real good trigger, and holds as many rounds as the Sig. I think the advantage goes to the Kahr.

I would say if you can get a decent amount on a trade; go for it. I personally have too much invested in my Sig, which I would never get back. I bought it on a trade at my LGS, so I ended up paying list price that way (although I got a high price for my trade). Then I added night sights, so I'm into this gun for about $850. I'd probably only get about $550 for it, but you never know, you may do better.

Too light for heavy work, too heavy for light work!

pb

Keep the Sig! Save for the PM9. The 239 is one you will always be glad to have in your collection. Don't trade guns, just buy more.
    Sig Sauer P239 SAS DAK 9mm (EDC)
    MR Micro Desert Eagle .380 acp (BUG)
    Glock G30sf .45 acp (HD)
    Mossberg 500 Tactical Persuader 12ga (HD)
    WASR 10/63 AK-47 7.62x39 (SHTF)

thanks

thanks for the in put guys keep it comming
    Μολὼν λαβέ

I have both, and love them both...But if your financial situation only allows one, I would go with the PM9. Only b/c it is easy to carry IWB or in your pocket. Where as for a 239 IWB is a little less comfortable and pocket carry is impossible. Put a CT on that PM9 and you'll have a dandy little hole puncher...

Here is my PM9

And here is a good side by side with a 239 (Middle one is a PM9)

I have an MK9...I would never trade a SIG for a Kahr....(maybe the other way around).

Keep the P239.....
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Senior Member Array Freedomofchoice's Avatar
    Nice family photo!!!

Too light for heavy work, too heavy for light work!

pb

Gaz
    Grab a PM40, keep the Sig.

VIP Member
    Keep the Sig, if you don't, you'll regret it later. Or sooner.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

Keep the sig. I just got rid of my PM9. It was the worst gun I have ever owned. Every third round was a FTE. I sent it to the factory several times and never had it fixed. I would not own another kar if it was free. For something that your life depends upon you can do much better, especially if it is going to be your EDC, IMHO.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links