Not sure exactly why, but I bought an NAA Mini.

This is a discussion on Not sure exactly why, but I bought an NAA Mini. within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; LOL! I have fired mine quite a few times, but it was always outdoors, until my last range trip. Well I had used up all ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Not sure exactly why, but I bought an NAA Mini.

Senior Member Array GoodSamaritan's Avatar
    LOL! I have fired mine quite a few times, but it was always outdoors, until my last range trip.

Well I had used up all of the 9mm I had brought along, except for the few it would take to reload my weapon. As I was packing up my gear, I noticed a box of .22 mag I had and thought about the NAA mini I keep in a pocket holster. The ammo in it was getting a bit old, and I hadn't practiced with it for a while. So I decided to shoot up all the .22 mag with me, then give it a good cleaning and some fresh ammo when I got home.
    For some reason I didn't step all the way up to the firing line, before I popped off the first round between the booth walls. (The muzzle was only a few inches , maybe a foot at most behind the line) Even with hearing protection, the concusion startled me. After stepping out of my booth and seeing if anyone saw me do that, (yeah yeah, as if none of you guys have ever done that) I stepped up to the line and fired a couple more rounds. No problem. After a reload, I stepped back and set another one off. Again the concussion was pretty surprising. LOL! I hope to never have to fire it from inside a vehicle without hearing protection.

2. Remove Ads

I've had mine for about 15 years. I keep it in my pocket (22LR version, std grip) when I can carry nothing else in the firm knowledge that to effectively employ it will require contact at the muzzle. Meaning I will have to likely jam it into the BGs eyeball or against his throat to have the desired effect. Unless I show it to himfirst as a warning to stop his committed attack and he laughs himself to death. This is not a deterrence firearm. I have mine stoked with tracers in three chambers. The 4th is a 22HP and the last of five is empty under the hammer. The hammer typically rests right against the round beneath it (no transfer bar here) so I carry like they did in the old west....well...mostly.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Senior Member Array GoodSamaritan's Avatar
    Yours must be one produced before they introduced the "half cock" feature. In reality it is more like a 1/8th cock. Basiclly, you just pull the hammer back ever so slightly until you hear a click. At that point the hammer is locked and cannot be forced down onto a round. At the same time the trigger is locked and cannot be pulled in to release the hammer. If you carry it in a pocket holster, there is no way you you could set it off without drawing it and pulling the hammer the other 7/8's of the way back and then pulling the trigger.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by GoodSamaritan
    Yours must be one produced before they introduced the "half cock" feature. In reality it is more like a 1/8th cock. Basiclly, you just pull the hammer back ever so slightly until you hear a click. At that point the hammer is locked and cannot be forced down onto a round. At the same time the trigger is locked and cannot be pulled in to release the hammer. If you carry it in a pocket holster, there is no way you you could set it off without drawing it and pulling the hammer the other 7/8's of the way back and then pulling the trigger.
    Correct. Mine does NOT have that feature.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Don't know about yours, but mine has safety notches between the charging holes. The point being to load,pull back to the first click, then slightly pullback more, while depressing the trigger. This allows the hammer to rest in the notch, completely safe.

If your weapon is not so equiped, contact NAA, and they will rectify the problem at no cost, as per thier web site.

Hope this has been of help,

Blair

Quote Originally Posted by warwagon
    Don't know about yours, but mine has safety notches between the charging holes. The point being to load,pull back to the first click, then slightly pullback more, while depressing the trigger. This allows the hammer to rest in the notch, completely safe.

If your weapon is not so equiped, contact NAA, and they will rectify the problem at no cost, as per thier web site.

Hope this has been of help,

Blair
    Welcome to the board, war wagon. I have my NAA mini right here for inspection. It does not have the "notches." Can you provide a link to the site? I just got up...still foggy. Big BBQ last night at a friends....
    gottabkiddin likes this.

I have the 22 L.R. version , I carry it in the summer when It's hot and anything else would be cumbersom , I think of it this way........Better to have the N.A.A. in my pocket than nothing.

Assistant Administrator
    The safety carry notches are an excellent system - thus always safe to keep loaded with the full five. From that status too, cocking brings up a round for firing, so no time penalty.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier
    I have my NAA mini right here for inspection. It does not have the "notches." Can you provide a link to the site? I just got up...still foggy. Big BBQ last night at a friends....
    http://www.naaminis.com/22faq.html

Go to Cylinders section and look at the second question.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

any gun in hand is better than two .45's back home. great gun, keep it in your pocket.

Damn you all.

Now I really want one too.

You all will be hearing from my wife shortly. God knows I will be.

Quote Originally Posted by HiWayMan
    Damn you all.

Now I really want one too.

You all will be hearing from my wife shortly. God knows I will be.
    Seems it is very easy to hide the little mini from everyone BUT my wife.. She spotted it next to my keys the other day and thought it might be a keychain! She got a smile out of my "cute little gun"... Oh well, she could have said worse!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links