My new sig

This is a discussion on My new sig within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; A while back I was posting about weather I should go with a Sig 239 or a 229. Well, I went with the 229. I ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My new sig

My new sig

A while back I was posting about weather I should go with a Sig 239 or a 229. Well, I went with the 229. I have to say this may be one of the best choices Ive ever made when it comes to choosing a firearm. It handles and shoots awsome. My only concern now is getting the right holster to tote this puppy. I would like to stick with OWB carry for this being its going to be my "cold weather gun". For warm weather I cant cover up anything more then my MK9. Any sugesstions would be great. By the way I traded my G27 for this gun, thought I might regreat it but happy to say I dont. Not the my 27 was a bad gun but words can't discribe how i feel about the new one
    Last edited by BigE410; May 27th, 2006 at 12:55 PM.

2. Remove Ads

I have two Sigs, a P220ST Langdon Edition and just recently bought a P226R with Crimson Trace Laser grips. Both are works of art, both in the way they handle and the way they shoot! Ordered a OWB holster from Kevin at K&D Holsters. Galco makes good OWB holsters
    (or IWB for that matter) and they are pretty readily available. Check out some different web sites, just Google holsters, and have fun.
    Don't forget the excellent craftsmen on this forum! Enjoy!
    "Let not your heart be troubled." John 14:1

USN Retired Vietnam/Desert Shield/Desert Storm

I've always liked the ergonomics of the 229 as well, it's a wonderful pistol. For OWB holsters I'd look at Brommeland's Def-Con, K&D's Laredo and Eagle Defenders, Matt Del Fatti and Mark Garrity as well as several others. Just pick one that tickles your fancy, they're all good folks.

Congrats on a great pistol, let us know how it handles at the range.
    Jack

holsters

Look at Don Hume great stuff, for not a lot of money., a little more look at galco, even more nothing beats Mitch Rosen

Assistant Administrator
    Congrats on the SIG ED - you're gonna like that!

Rigs? So many choices but every top notch holster maker here will be able to cover that. I like my Eagle Defender for the 226 EDC - it also happens to work well too for my 220 and 228.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

VIP Member
    Welcome to the club, Ed. I bought the P239 last month and have been trying to wear it out shooting it. It is a great pistol. I have a Cochise Defender on order from Kevin at KD for my regular carry holster. Since I do some pretty regular trips in my truck I have also ordered a C & D Crossdraw from Mark Garrity. I am looking forward to getting them in 8 to 12 weeks. Good things come to those who wait, but I don't have to like it.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

FWIW, Lightning Arms is now stocking a limited selection of Del Fatti gear along with gear from Milt Sparks, Lou Alessi and Galco.
    Jack

Lead Moderator
    Congrats on the SIG, I don't think you could have gone wrong with either model, but I'm a little biased. Don't think you'll miss the Glock either.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

P239

Got a P239 myself. Very, very nice. I did actually have a problem with stove piping when I first got it, but sent it to Sig and they did their thing. Not one jam ever since, and thats with all kinds of ammo.
    It's realy accurate too.

Only thing is I kinda would like a double stack too, but it's pretty hot here in Houston and I was going for the slimmer profile.

Maybe I need to have BOTH, yeah, that's it. I need both......

VIP Member
    Congrats on your P229 BigE. It should serve you well for a long time. I own most all of the Sigs except the P239. I like them all and they all work great for me so far. A lot of good suggestions for holsters. Any of them should work well. I have a OWB for most of my Sigs and they work fine for me.

-Scott-

Congrats on the sig

SPG
    Been carrying one for 14 years, just transitioned to the 229R DAK (issued) I like it, great sidearm!! I think I am really going to like the DAK. For IWB check out sidearmour.net good stuff!! SPG
    http://sidearmor.net/

Congrats on your new Sig....you are going to love it.

In my opinion, Sigs are the best gun made. I have 4 and will be buying a 5th in August or September. I am debating between either a P229, P229 DAK, or a P245. That is if I can find a new P245 that hasn't been sold yet.

I really want to get the DAK trigger, but I am afraid to buy it without really trying it. The trigger seems great when dry firing it. However, I don't know anyone who has one or a range that has one to rent.

Excellent purchase. Out of all my pistols I have to say my p229 is hands down my favorite. Enjoy!

sigs are good guns. i would look at the galco holsters for your gun.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links