Kahr P9 or Walther PPS 9mm - Page 3

Kahr P9 or Walther PPS 9mm

This is a discussion on Kahr P9 or Walther PPS 9mm within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a 9 MM PPS and haver shot over 6K through it. I put the large backstrap on ONE TIME and I simply decock ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I have a 9 MM PPS and haver shot over 6K through it. I put the large backstrap on ONE TIME and I simply decock the trigger before I remove the slide (just like a Glock). Backstrap concerns are zero! Superb shooter, trigger is factory set at 6 lbs.

Quote Originally Posted by 45ACP4ever View Post
    Excellent. I was looking at the Taurus Slim, but I'm not thrilled with it not being +P. I like the extra power, especially out of that short of a barrel.

If you read the book, they list ammunition to use in it that is "1225 FPS and 124 grain". This is the same specs as Gold Dot +P rated ammunition.

Quote Originally Posted by dwyermw View Post
    I have a 9 MM PPS and haver shot over 6K through it. I put the large backstrap on ONE TIME and I simply decock the trigger before I remove the slide (just like a Glock). Backstrap concerns are zero! Superb shooter, trigger is factory set at 6 lbs.
    +1. Love mine, and I always encourage friends @ the range to test drive it. Without fail, they're always surprised & very impressed w. its handling, manageable recoil, and accuracy.

Distinguished Member
    I was looking at the same 2 pistols and choose the P9. I have been pleased with it so far. I like the trigger and it is very accurate. There is a 200 round break in period and it needed it. I had 2 failures the first 100 rounds, but none since. You do have to be careful of your thumb so that you don't drop the mag. I hit the mag release once the last time I shot. I put a qwik grip on mine, it gives it a better feel to me and it keeps the grip from irritating my hands after a 100 rounds. That wouldn't have been a problem 9 years ago, but now I have a inside job, so the hands got soft.

Distinguished Member Array AutoFan's Avatar
    I'd go for the P9, since that is what I decided on for myself. The PPS did not point as well (I had to cant my hand quite a bit), and I didn't like the trigger as well as on the P9. The P9's grip is a bit rough, so I put an A-Grip on it and haven't had a problem since. Mine is quite accurate, and has never jammed (of course I don't shoot it as much as my recreational guns).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links