Glock 37 .45 GAP

This is a discussion on Glock 37 .45 GAP within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; How many glock owners carry the G37 .45 GAP? Are you able to find ammo for it?...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glock 37 .45 GAP

Question Glock 37 .45 GAP

How many glock owners carry the G37 .45 GAP? Are you able to find ammo for it?
    SC-CWP
    AZ-CWP
    I rather be safe then sorry.
    It's better to have it when you need it then need it and dont have it.

2. Remove Ads

I'd stay away from the G.A.P., and yes, you may have difficulties finding the ammo...stick with the .45's to provide the 'big holes' you want.OMO
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I'll agree with what retsupt99 said. IMHO with the advent of interchangeable backstraps and grips and what not that they've come out with since the .45 GAP coming out has made the GAP round obsolete. Maybe before all the new grips I could see a good use for it specially for someone with small hands such as myself but not now a days. I still went and bought a .45 acp XD 3 years ago even with small hands it fits pretty well

As far as ammo I haven't seen much but I don't really look I know WW hasn't had any in..if they even carry it to begin with. Its a Glock so as far as functionality I'm sure it'll perform flawlessly just like everyone else's Glocks. Good luck!

In looking at his signature it appears as though he already has a G37. I think the original question was how many G37 owners are out there, and are you able to find ammo for it?

I think there is def. a small cult of Glock owners out there that do own .45 GAP's. If you roll your own, and as long as you can find .45 GAP brass, you shouldn't have to worry about finding ammo to feed it.

There is a sub forum on the Glock Talk BB:

The Bull Dawgs Club - Glock Talk

.45 GAP seems like a bit of a novelty round IMHO.
    However, this link may help a bit:AmmoEngine: .45 GAP, Instock For Sale Premium & Discount Ammunition, Ammo Deals

I ordered .38 spl through them about a month ago.
    You might also look into what are your options in terms of caliber conversion.
    I don't know, but I'll bet someone here is enough of a glock-expert to guide you.

GM
    I do not carry Glock, but I still stay away from .45 GAP. I rather get .45 ACP, plus that GAP ammo might be difficult to find.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

I saw a box of 50 rounds 45 GAP at my local hardware store today. I figure it was special ordered. Actually, truth be known.......I think the 45 GAP is a good round........even though I'm a real fan of the 40S&W caliber in the Glocks, I think it takes second place after the 10mm. Problem is....it seems to be elusive in the public market finding range ammo, or any ammo for that matter. The 45 GAP seems to have two things going for it......the ballistics, and the Glock pistol. Make it more available and affordable, and I think I'd have one myself. More than likely a G38 since all of the compact models I have had seem to work best for me over the full size. I know I've said before that the 45 GAP doesn't appear to be a good alternative for CC simply because of the availability to the public. I'm sticking to that notion, and I must say it's a shame we'll have to wait through years of market research to either make it or break it. By the looks of things, it was intended for law enforcement only. Sure I could purchase one of the pistols in 45 GAP, but I'm not an investor nor am I chasing the market. I carry what I do to survive, and I trust in three things.......myself, my Glocks, and my abilities. One thing that holds me back from getting a 45 GAP Glock pistol is my long term outlook on finances. I have to practice with my pistols often. If I don't, I'm kidding myself into believing I'm prepared. The resources for doing this with the 45 Gap just seem out of reach at this time for me, and since I am a member of the general public, and can't charge the taxpayer for my ammo, it's out of the question until things change. I do however think it's a good thing for our men (and women) in uniform. They do deserve the best.

Gap Round

I own a Glock 38 and I love the gun. Finding ammo can be rather difficult and I have yet to find anyone who makes reloading die for it either. I'm going to be trading it in for a new G23 when I get back from Afghanistan.

Quote Originally Posted by airbornerc51 View Post
    I own a Glock 38 and I love the gun. Finding ammo can be rather difficult and I have yet to find anyone who makes reloading die for it either. I'm going to be trading it in for a new G23 when I get back from Afghanistan.

If you have never seen a reloading die for 45 GAP, you aren't looking in the right place:

Lee Carbide 3-Die Set 45 GAP - MidwayUSA

I bought my nephew his first handgun after we took our CPL class. He picked out a new Glock 39 for the unheard of price of $329. I tried to talk him into a 26 or 27 but he really liked the way the gun felt and the way it shot. I must say I shot the thing and really enjoyed the way it handled, so much so that the next week I went back and picked myself up one. My range has always had the GAP round in stock for around the same price as ACP. It is also easy to find online. I wanted to hate the gun and the round, but I feel if more people were to give them a try that they would enjoy them as much as I did.

I have not had any problems finding 45 GAP ammnition on line either. Buying it at my local range is pricey.
    Guns: Glock 22, 23, 26, 27, 29, 30 & 36
    Rides: 2006 GTO with my turbo system and tune (635 RWHP); 2009 H-D Street Glide with many mods

Hell, the shelves here in N.W. Washington are filled with the stuff. I can barely find .45acp (though that is getting much better) I do not believe I have ever seen an empty shelve for the GAP here. UMMM, I also do not recall seeing any guns for sale in GAP.

I'll stick to the tried and true acp. myself.

get a 45acp.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Glock View Post
    get a 45acp.
    Again, it looks as though the OP already has one. I think his question was, "do any glock owners carry one, and if so, are you able to find ammo?"

I am honestly thinking about picking one up....especially since they can be found for around $375.

Quote Originally Posted by Danimal View Post
    Again, it looks as though the OP already has one. I think his question was, "do any glock owners carry one, and if so, are you able to find ammo?"

I am honestly thinking about picking one up....especially since they can be found for around $375.

i'm sure your purchase will save this round from oblivion.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links