pt 145 pro

This is a discussion on pt 145 pro within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; yes its a taurus and im not a huge fan but it has great reviews and the price is cheap and very carry able thoughts ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: pt 145 pro

pt 145 pro

yes its a taurus and im not a huge fan but it has great reviews and the price is cheap and very carry able thoughts on it if anyone has one or any actual use and problems?

2. Remove Ads

I have a PT140 and no problems, it's my EDC gun. People seem to get good ones or bad ones and Taurus customer service is not know for being good.

I personally will stay away from future purchases of Taurus guns do to the poor customer service.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

ive dealt with them but man 330 for a 45acp sub compact hard to beat g36 is 550 i mean come on

Quote Originally Posted by wolf88 View Post
    ive dealt with them but man 330 for a 45acp sub compact hard to beat g36 is 550 i mean come on
    I'm not saying not to buy it, just know that their CS is very lack-luster. I'm just saying I won't ever buy another from them because I have found out how bad they are to deal with.

I don't want to buy a gun only to have a nightmare should something go wrong with it. When I bought the first one I had no idea of their poor CS rating. So far I've been lucky but my nephew had a real nightmare with them.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

PT145 pro is my EDC and I love it.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Distinguished Member Array Knightrider's Avatar
    Go for it. I don't owned one but I've heard that the PT line is hard to beat. I don't own a Taurus auto but I do have one of their wheels guns and I never had a problem with it.
    Glock: G22 .40 S&W and G23 .40 S&W Sig Sauer: P938 9mm Smith and Wesson: Model 437 .38 Spl and Sigma SW9VE 9mm

Taurus has GREATLY improved their CS this year past year. The turn around time on a gun has been 3-5 weeks. I'm on the Taurus board frequently and their CS is now one of the best in the industry...Yes it used to be TERRIBLE.

Now for the PT145....I chose it over a Glock for several reasons. It's ergonomics are far superior, I prefer a manual safety, Heine sights are my favorite for self defense(not at the range).

I now have over 2k rounds through the gun and can't remember a single malfunction. It eats anything I feed it and I put some cheap stuff through at the range. It's very concealable and easy to shoot.

I was so impressed with it, I bought a PT738 and a PT101. all have been flawless.

I think you will love it!

let us know how it works out.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

Well, I had a PT-140 (Gen 3) and it was ok except for the mag catch. Unlike higher quality pistols, the mag catch is just flat that slots into to a, well, slot in the magazine. Better designed pistols have a beveled "ramp" on the underside so the mag rides "up" the ramp while being inserted. Not the PT's.

Just inserting the mag can bend that flat catch. To prevent this, never just insert the mag normally - and especially do NOT slam a mag in. Every time you want to put a mag in, push in the mag release button to move it out of the magazine's way, insert the magazine, then let go of the mag release button. Just sayin' from experience.

Emrah

well if everything pans out right ill buy it friday (pay day) and ill of course post range reports on it since one opened to miles down the road and the guy that runs it gives me the gold member price to shoot i get to go more often than i use to so ill have plenty to post about and very soon after gettin it.

I don't mind being the negative Nancy here. I owned a PT145 3rd Gen. (SA/DA model). I absolutely hated it. It would not chamber a round from a fully loaded magazine, ever. I could only load maybe 7 rounds and then it only cycled correctly about half the time. I put over 500 rounds through the gun before I eventually gave up and got rid of it to a guy who thought he could fix it. I never sent it back to Taurus, but I did send back the magazines because that's what seemed to be the problem. It took over 2 months to get the replacements!!! Had the same problems with the new mags. The top three rounds would nosedive into the feed ramp and jam every time, and about 50% of every other round would do the same. If it wern't for the ridiculous wait I had with the mags I may have sent the gun to them, but I just don't have that kind of time to waste waiting to get my gun back. Please consider spending the extra on a Glock or XD or M&P or something with a little less of a history of problems. The saying "you get what you pay for" comes to mind. Just make sure you aren't buying based only on the cheaper price, that's all I'm saying. Remember your life may depend on any one of your gun pruchases one day, make sure it's a good one.

I have been carrying a PT-145 Pro (SS) for a little over 2 yrs, it has been a Great pistol in a small package and 10+1 is nice.
    02PSD4ME

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar
    I've had no problems with mine.
    For God, Family and Country!

GM
    Quote Originally Posted by rottkeeper View Post
    I'm not saying not to buy it, just know that their CS is very lack-luster. I'm just saying I won't ever buy another from them because I have found out how bad they are to deal with.

I don't want to buy a gun only to have a nightmare should something go wrong with it. When I bought the first one I had no idea of their poor CS rating. So far I've been lucky but my nephew had a real nightmare with them.
    I totally agree.

No matter what brand it is, I believe that a good customer service is wroth more that $200. Cheap can be expensive at the end.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Which version of the PT145 is the lightest?

-
    'Be careful, even in small matters' - Miyamoto Musashi

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links