Glock 26

This is a discussion on Glock 26 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just purchased a Glock 26 and have enough cash left over to do either truglo tritium/fiber optic sights or crimsontrace laser sight So looking for ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glock 26

Glock 26

Just purchased a Glock 26 and have enough cash left over to do either truglo tritium/fiber optic sights or crimsontrace laser sight

So looking for recommendations between these two products which one first should I purchase?
    Last edited by volfan; March 8th, 2010 at 12:53 AM. Reason: spelling
    The gun fight you really win is the gunfight you avoided.

2. Remove Ads

I would go with night sights... got the factory ones on my glock 26.No battery to worry about possibly dying and they dont have to be set to a certain distance... not to mention they are half the cost if not more of the laser.. just my .02.

Administrator
    I'd stay away from both, buy a nice holster and go out to eat with the rest. But, if I had to choose one to buy, it would be sights... but not those.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Since you just bought it, I'd do neither. Get to know the gun. It will shoot where you point it after practice. You can always add the goodies later, if necessary.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

Go with the TruGlo TFO's
    Colt New Agent, Dan Wesson V-Bob, Glock 19,20SF, 23, 26, 27, 29, 30SF, 36, Kahr P380 w/CT, PM9, PM45, CW9(SOLD), Kel-Tec P32, P3AT, PF9(SOLD), Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II, Stainless Pro TLE/RL II (SOLD), Rohrbaugh R9s, Ruger LCP w/CT, LCR, SP101 S&W J-Frame 638 w/CT, M&P 340 w/CT, Walther PPK/S

Congrats on a G26.

I now have one as a second gun to carry off duty. If it were me I'd opt for the Crimson Trace first and save for a set of Trijicon Night Sights with a Green Front / Yellow Rear. They are both important, but I feel the laser is more beneficial in times of stress over the Night Sights.

No matter which addition you opt for first, you need good quality training and Range time. Do not foresake those. Also, you can look at some of my older post to see how I feel about Night Sights and Lasers. I only became a convert to lasers last year, but have been fully converted.

Also, get the free Crimson Trace video and give it a going over. It helps to present some advantages to the laser, but like any tool, they are a piece of equipment for a particular job under certain conditions. In short, No one tool is going to do all the jobs. Now if I could just find that Cresent Wrench to put that screw in the door I'd be all set. Oh wait, I need a Screw Driver for that.

Biker

I'd only get the night sights...Trijicon's! When having to make a 1-2 second decision in a WalMart parking lot the night sights will still give you a reference for point shooting.OMO
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I'd stay away from both, buy a nice holster and go out to eat with the rest. But, if I had to choose one to buy, it would be sights... but not those.
    Darnit Sixto! Don't be bashfull about offering a suggestion. OP might not be aware of all the options. I know I'm not.

I'm presently waiting for CT grips to arrive for my .38 snubby.
    Congrats on the Glock. I love my G26.

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Husker View Post
    Since you just bought it, I'd do neither. Get to know the gun. It will shoot where you point it after practice. You can always add the goodies later, if necessary.
    Agreed!!
    See how the gun handles totally "stock", as it came....
    THEN.....IF you find night sights or laser are needed/useful, you can go from there.....
    Me.....I'd take the $$ I saved and put it into ammo....and range time!!!
    One can NEVER have "too much" ammo OR practice!!
    Good luck!

i would use the money for ammo and a good holster. the factory sights work. if you got to spend some money then i would go with night sights. do a search on which brand people like. but ammo and a good holster is where i would go at this time.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

XS Big Dots when the time is right! JMO
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    My $.02 worth:

I'm not a fan of night sights. I think they're lousy during daylight, and the idea of shooting at a target when it's dark enough you can't see well is a bit scary. I paint my white sights flourescent orange. If it's light enough to see them, it's light enough to see the target.

Laser sight? Something else to fool with in a panic or fail when you need it.

Spend the money on a few boxes of ammo and learn to point shoot well. That's what you're probably going to do if you have to pull your weapon. If you can hit the target when you point at it, why worry about expensive sighting systems? Keep in mind that the great majority of SD situations are up close & personal.

Remember: You're trying to hit COM, not to make a nice little one or two inch hole.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Hello fellow Tennessee! I see you're sporting the colors.

I have night sights on some guns, dont on others. They really help out if its pretty dark. I'm not a fan of the tru-glo sites either. Installed some on my G19 and they have a "6 o'clock aim" or some such term, meaning if you hold dead on- then your shot is 5-7" high... So you aim below where you would like to shoot... and it should hit... @%&#$! How messed up is that?

Factory Glock night sights are good, I like Trijicon the best.

Other people have said- save you money and buy ammo. It's not bad to get used to the gun and build some muscle memory with drawing aiming and shooting.

When you're ready to buy sites (now or later) I recommend Trijicon.
    G-23, 27, 35 (all .40)
    G-29 10mm
    H&K 45c
    Les Baer Thunder Ranch 5"

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    learn to point shoot well. That's what you're probably going to do if you have to pull your weapon. If you can hit the target when you point at it, why worry about expensive sighting systems? Keep in mind that the great majority of SD situations are up close & personal.
    That's the reason I haven't put sights on the rest of my pistols.
    G-23, 27, 35 (all .40)
    G-29 10mm
    H&K 45c
    Les Baer Thunder Ranch 5"

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Laser sight? Something else to fool with in a panic or fail when you need it.
    I've heard lots of people say this, and in general I think I'd agree. However in the case of Crimson Trace... if you are gripping the gun the laser is on. There is nothing to "fool" with.

If the laser fails, then you are no worse off than you would be without the laser. So worst case scenario with the crimson trace is equal to the standard... what do you have to lose?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links