Kahr CW9 & LCP or PM9

This is a discussion on Kahr CW9 & LCP or PM9 within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well my family ended up getting a settlement from my Grandfathers death. I would gladly trade all the money I received to have him back, ...

View Poll Results: Kahr PM9 or Kahr CW9 & LCP/P3At

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • PM9

35 52.24%
  • CW9 & LCP/P3AT

30 44.78%
  • Other- please specify

2 2.99%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kahr CW9 & LCP or PM9

Kahr CW9 & LCP or PM9

Well my family ended up getting a settlement from my Grandfathers death. I would gladly trade all the money I received to have him back, but that isn't an option. So, with that being said I'm going to get myself a new gun, something he would of liked very much.

Current carry gun is an M&P 9c. This works great for most of the year, but in just a t-shirt sometimes it protrudes a little. I had my heart set on either a Kahr Pm9 or Cw9 before I found the sweet deal on the M&P.

Now for roughly the same price I can get either a PM9, to fulfill my summer needs, carry IWB or pocket depending on attire. OR, I can purchase a CW9 for IWB needs and either a LCP/P3AT for pocket needs. The price is pretty much the same. But I am concerned about finding .380 ammo. What's everybody think?

Also let me just say I don't pocket carry that much. When I have on a snow suit and no belt, or if I am going to be going shirtless, or when riding my motorcycle is about the only times I would. Cargo pants work, but jeans the pocket is on top of my thigh instead of off to the side.

One last tidbit, I am left handed so dropping the slide release lever will not be easy for me. I either have to reach up under w/ my right hand or try to slingshot it. Has anyone been able to do this effectively?
    Better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees.

2. Remove Ads

I have a Kahr PM40 and love it. For the money, you can't beat the CW series from Kahr. If I had to do I all over again, I might have got the CW instead of the PM. Id go with the CW and LCP combo.

Distinguished Member Array razor02097's Avatar
    I am sorry to hear of your loss. May the memories of your grandpa carry you through this difficult time.

Left handed I use the pointer finger to release the slide. Some models its hard if not impossible to operate the slide release without pulling the slide back. IMHO you can buy 2 of the pocket 380's for the price of a Kahr. I vote for the P3AT or LCP, they are proven little guys and can be carried just about any way you can think of.
    There is something about firing 4,200 thirty millimeter rounds/min that makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

When I was younger one of my favorite sayings was "Two 5's don't make a 10."

And I think the same holds true here.

I would have had a different opinion if it was a P9 and LCP. The pinned front sight is a big turn off for me.

Or maybe I should look at the MK9, which is the all steel version since I rarely pocket carry? Decisions decisions....And there is something to be said about having all 1 caliber. But...those .380's are so small...if only I could find something to feed them with.

Administrator
    Buy the most well made gun on that list. Buy cheap, buy it twice... that's not really a smart way to do things IMO.
    "Just blame Sixto"

If you ever start carrying a LCP or P3AT in the pocket you'll love it. I have for the last couple of years and highly recommend it for deep concealment needs. Some will contend that it's a slow draw and minimal caliber, but IMO it has distinct advantages to it as well. You can have your hand in your pocket and on your pistol if things look outa wack, and no one will think anything of it. IMO that's one of the faster presentations of a CC weapon; it's hard to beat a dude with his hands already on his pistol.

I have the CW9 and the LCP as well as the DB380. I use all of um for CC, but for now I'm carrying both .380s and love the convience and the small but potent pocket option. YMMV

GBK
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Get the PM9. LCP size (very close) in a 9mm that shoots +P ammo.
    "Get out of my dreams and into my Kahr"

http://designlinetx.com/

Being a southpaw have you considered a small revolver? I know they are right hand designed for opening the cylinder, but maybe you can operate one better. Just asking...
    May we never forget those in uniform who protect us night and day in lands far away. And those in all wars who paid the supreme sacrifice in defense of our country. May God Bless our Troops and First Responders.

Blue, actually that was my first gun. A nice SW 642. I found that it was too bulky for me to pocket carry, and quite uncomfortable actually. So I ended up carrying it in a Supertuck. But, if I'm carrying IWB, then why not just have an auto that isn't any bigger, right? That was my thinking at least. So now I have my M&P 9c, which is great. But something about one of those small thin single stacks to replace my 642. (Blasphemous I know)

So I shopped around today during errands. Found a PM9 on sale for $630, and seeing as I'm good friends with the owners, I bet I can get it OTD for at least that. Or a CW9 for around $400 and a P3AT for 280....so what is a man to do? I just cannot decide...wish I could just buy all three!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jackle1886 View Post
    Blue, actually that was my first gun. A nice SW 642. I found that it was too bulky for me to pocket carry, and quite uncomfortable actually. So I ended up carrying it in a Supertuck. But, if I'm carrying IWB, then why not just have an auto that isn't any bigger, right? That was my thinking at least. So now I have my M&P 9c, which is great. But something about one of those small thin single stacks to replace my 642. (Blasphemous I know)
    If the 642 was too big/bulky for pocket carry then he PM9 will also be too big. I suggest going for the CW9+LCP. The CW9 is still a quality Kahr pistol and you will end up carrying the LCP every day because it's so small and light. Two quality guns for the price of one is hard to beat.

P.S. The CW9 is now available with night sights
    Colt New Agent, Dan Wesson V-Bob, Glock 19,20SF, 23, 26, 27, 29, 30SF, 36, Kahr P380 w/CT, PM9, PM45, CW9(SOLD), Kel-Tec P32, P3AT, PF9(SOLD), Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II, Stainless Pro TLE/RL II (SOLD), Rohrbaugh R9s, Ruger LCP w/CT, LCR, SP101 S&W J-Frame 638 w/CT, M&P 340 w/CT, Walther PPK/S

Quote Originally Posted by Jackle1886 View Post
    Or maybe I should look at the MK9, which is the all steel version since I rarely pocket carry? Decisions decisions....And there is something to be said about having all 1 caliber. But...those .380's are so small...if only I could find something to feed them with.
    - I have a Kahr MK9, PM9, P380 and an LCP. IMO, the MK9 is much too heavy for comfortable pocket carry. It's 22oz. unloaded.

I'm a big fan of the PM9 and P380. If you can comfortably fit a PM9 in your pocket, that would be the gun I would go with. The LCP is also a nice gun, but the trigger is definitely not for range use.

CMR
    CW40
    For a lot of people, being a victim is a way of Life. That's a Life I choose NOT to live.

A Shepherd must tend to his Flock. And at times........fight off the wolves.

CW 40

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links