LCP? or different way to carry??

This is a discussion on LCP? or different way to carry?? within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So i have been carrying one of my 3 pistols Sig 229, Fullsize kimber 1911, or my beloved fires every time glock 23. I normally ...

Thread: LCP? or different way to carry??

LCP? or different way to carry??

So i have been carrying one of my 3 pistols Sig 229, Fullsize kimber 1911, or my beloved fires every time glock 23. I normally carry IWB underneath a pullover hoodie or 1/4 zip sweatshirt type thing, you get the point. I have several holsters that i use anything from a galco snap on fbi cant that i use for my 1911 or a no cant slip over metal clip for the other two pistols. I have a few OWB holsters for all of them but they dont conceal all that well on me...

my question is now that its summer...how do i hide one of these pistols with just a t-shirt? or do i need a much smaller weapon like the LCP?

I have two of the galco skyops holsters but you can see that 1911 or 229 easily with the t-shirt...

what do yall think?
    Drew Steele NREMT-P
    Kimber Custom 2 TLE
    Glock 23
    Glock 36
    Sig 229
    Ruger LCP

2. Remove Ads

Supertuck works just dandy for me.

Emrah

Distinguished Member Array Doc Holliday's Avatar
    Dress around the gun.

In the summer I am in cargo shorts and short sleeve button down shirts. I buy button down shirts a little larger. I carry a G27 OWB most of the time with no issues.
    Why Ike, whatever do you mean? Maybe poker's just not your game Ike. I know! Let's have a spelling contest!

lWB for sure. I carry my XD9sc in a Brommeland Max Con V with just a dark colored T-shirt and have no problems. Also a G-23 IWB.

Depending on the shorts, I can pocket carry the XD9sc in a DeSantis Nemesis without problems however now that I have an LCP, I imagine that will be in the pocket and the XD or Glock in the IWB.

With proper clothing and right holsters, even hot, humid summer in Missouri won't preclude you from carrying two guns let alone one big one.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

I carry a full 1911 and G22 under a tshirt with out a problem. I buy tshirts one size larger. For my body type, 6'2", 230lbs the DeSantis Cozy Partner works fine.
    Last edited by Stevew; March 9th, 2010 at 07:24 AM.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

You can carry that G23 no problem IWB in summer. As long as you dont wear super tight T-shirts.
    Glock 22 Gen 4, 27
    Ruger SP101 .357mag
    S&W 637 Airweight
    Ruger Single Six
    Ruger Blackhawk Bisley 45 Colt
    Mossberg 835 Grand Slam

Dress around the gun.
    +1 - do whatever it takes to conceal the gun you choose to carry. Whatever it takes - do that!
    GOOD SHOOTING
    ALWAYS PROTECT YOUR VISION AND HEARING
    De gustibus non est disputandem

Distinguished Member Array MinistrMalic's Avatar
    You've got to dress around the firearm you carry. I am about 5'10", 195 pounds...in other words, not a huge guy. For concealment, though, I tend to wear XL untucked shirts. They give me the extra room I need so that my XD9sc is hidden.

So you might consider just giving yourself a little more room in your clothing.
    "...whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one." (Luke 22:36)
    Christianity and Self Defense from a Biblical Perspective

GM
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    Dress around the gun.

In the summer I am in cargo shorts and short sleeve button down shirts. I buy button down shirts a little larger. I carry a G27 OWB most of the time with no issues.
    That can be a good idea, but it is not really necessary if you have good holsters. I carry a full size pistol every day, and even though I do not dress around the gun I do not have any problems concealing it.

Get a good IWB holster and you will not have any problem concealing the gun.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Depending on the shorts, I can pocket carry the XD9sc in a DeSantis Nemesis without problems however now that I have an LCP, I imagine that will be in the pocket and the XD or Glock in the IWB.
    I don't know that i have ever seen pants with pockets large enough to carry the XD9sc. I love my XD40sc but it's a substantial gun. The weight alone seems like it would make your pants hang on one side.

Depends on whether or not you want to spend the money on an LCP which would be extremely easy to carry. I think a quality Tuckable holster like a crossbreed supertuck or an M-TAC with a quality gunbelt would help a lot.

Links