Kahr PM9......think I might have to sell her

This is a discussion on Kahr PM9......think I might have to sell her within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; ** MODS PLEASE DO NOT MOVE TO BUY/SELL FORUM** Well after a year of having my Kahr PM9, and putting about 800 rounds through her....I ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kahr PM9......think I might have to sell her

Kahr PM9......think I might have to sell her

** MODS PLEASE DO NOT MOVE TO BUY/SELL FORUM**

Well after a year of having my Kahr PM9, and putting about 800 rounds through her....I just can't get her dialed in. I can't hit squat with her unless I pull the trigger as slowly as possible. EVERYONE ELSE can hit a dime off of a wooden post with the PM9, but not me. I guess I just can't get ahold of the trigger. My XDM..... bullets through the same hole, my S&W M&P.....bullets through the same hole. I am throwing up the idea of selling her. But one huge dilemma, finding another gun that is the same size to be my summer carry, I don't think there is one. Can anyone point me in a good direction? The only guns I can think of is the Kahr CW9, the Walther PPS, and the new Taurus Slim (which I have mixed feelings about?) and they are all about .5" height wise bigger. Maybe those of you with the Taurus wouldn' mind measuring the actual height with mag in for me? Are there any other single stack, polymer framed, 9mm handguns out there that are the same dimensions as the PM9 (besides the Rohrbaugh which is way to expensive)? I know many of you might say "just practice, practice, practice." And I respect your opinion, but I have been practicing for a while, and I go from being spot on with her, and then being way off. I want something that I can trust a bit more. And it's not the gun, its clearly me.

Also if I do decide to sell it, what do you think is a fair price for this gun, never had a problem with it at all period, and has 800 rounds through it? I have the Kahr PM9 with polished barrel that I had done by Kahr themselves, Crossbreed Minituck holster, 3 mags (comes with 2 so 1 extra mag), and Hogue grip. I am seeing prices from $660-$700 brand new around my area of North Florida. Please chime in, and thanks for reading. (I have included a pic)

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
    "Being armed gives you options"

Kimber Pro Carry II; S&W M&P; S&W M&P9c; Walther PPS: Ruger SP101 357: Kahr P380 w/ CT; NAA 22mag; Rock River AR-15; NEF Pardner Pump; Benelli Nova

2. Remove Ads

If your PM9 is flawless, it would be a real shame to sell it. When you say that everyone else can hit things, is it with your gun? If so, it may just be the trigger pull that's throwing you off. I also have a PM9 with a Crimson Trace installed and it's extremely accurate.

As for a fair price, I'm not sure how much you would get for it. They're around $680-700 in CT too. You should be able to sell the Crossbreed for at least $40.

What kind of groups are you shooting? I saw a used PM9 on Gunbroker about to sell for $510.00. I saw another one used around $650.00 w/only 100 rounds through it. Of course those didnt have holster and extra mag. How bout a S&W CS9, but its not polymer. Ive heard Diamondback might soon be releaseing a pocket 9 around the same size as the PM9.
    Attached Images
    Glock 22, 27 Gen 4
    Ruger SP101 .357mag
    S&W 637 Airweight
    Ruger Single Six
    Ruger Blackhawk Bisley 45 Colt
    Mossberg 835 Grand Slam

How bout a colt pocket 9.
    Attached Images
    Glock 22, 27 Gen 4
    Ruger SP101 .357mag
    S&W 637 Airweight
    Ruger Single Six
    Ruger Blackhawk Bisley 45 Colt
    Mossberg 835 Grand Slam

Fine pistols mentioned so far, I'm not very keen on an external safety...

Kimber Pro Carry II; S&W M&P; S&W M&P9c; Walther PPS: Ruger SP101 357: Kahr P380 w/ CT; NAA 22mag; Rock River AR-15; NEF Pardner Pump; Benelli Nova

Are you not getting the same grip on the gun every time? Maybe it needs stronger stippling and is moving in your hand from shot to shot?

Long shots, I know- but I thought I'd throw 'em out there.

Quote Originally Posted by DistantHorizon View Post
    Are you not getting the same grip on the gun every time? Maybe it needs stronger stippling and is moving in your hand from shot to shot?

Long shots, I know- but I thought I'd throw 'em out there.
    I think it is the long and stiff trigger pull that's forcing me to pull the gun down and to the left when I fire. Maybe if I held the gun really tight it would help? I have the same problem with the Kahr P380, but I have adjusted the crimson trace laser a little lower than where POA is, that way the round actually hits where I want it too.

Before giving up on the gun, I have a Kahr that I put the Agrip product on, and that helped me with the grip. It really did help and I got tighter groups on the paper. Give the Agrip or something similar a try and see if that helps before selling such a nice gun.

At what distances are you unable to hit anything? Maybe add the CT laser before you decide on selling it considering you've never had any problems with it.
    Walk quietly and carry a big stick.

How are you pulling the trigger? I actually ride the bottom of the trigger guard when I pull the trigger on the Kahr. I find it to be the easiest way to pull the trigger with the minimal amount of movement.

KELTEC PF-9, trigger is long DA though.
    You may not like guns. You may choose not to own one. That is your right.
    You might not believe in God. That is your choice.
    However, if someone breaks into your home at 3AM the first two things you are going to do are:
    1) Call someone with a gun.
    2)Pray they get there in time." - A wise man

The PF-9 and the CW9 are pretty much the exact same size.
    Better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees.

My experience says that if you aren't comfortable with the gun you aren't going to shoot it and it will wind up on the shelf in the safe. I would suggest, as you stated, that you try the CW9. It is marginally bigger which gives more to hold on to and probably shoot better. The CW9 will conceal easily and mine shoots well. It ain't a target pistol, but for a defense gun the groups are well within reason. The only other thing to try is get a 5# striker spring from Wolff and see if that makes any difference. For less than a $4.00 investment, it might be worth a try.

Here's a comparison chart you might find useful...

http://www.mouseguns.com/PocketAutoComparison.pdf

Taurus Slim PT709 is 4.25 inches high from bottom of mag to top of slide. I love mine, and is very accurate (also has adjustable rear sight).
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links