New Sig P250-range report

This is a discussion on New Sig P250-range report within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Picked up this little beauty at a gun show this weekend. Gave it a good cleaning and brought it to the range today. I put ...

Thread: New Sig P250-range report

Senior Member Array Freedomofchoice's Avatar

New Sig P250-range report

Picked up this little beauty at a gun show this weekend.

Gave it a good cleaning and brought it to the range today. I put a total of 200 hundred rounds through it. Not a single malfunction of any kind! - Ammo was a mix of Remington factory 115 FMJ, Speer Gold Dots 124 gr. +P, WW Ranger 124 Gr. Bonded HP +p, handloads of 125 Gr. LRN, and handloads of 115 FMJ.

The whole concept of this gun is quite unique. For those of you who are unfamiliar with this model, Sig calls it a modular gun, because the inners, which includes the trigger and block also have the serial number etched into it which can be seen through a window in the grip frame. This enables you to purchase a new kit which contains: slide, barrel, magazine, and grip frame in other calibers or sizes. So in effect, you can change calibers and gun size (sub-compact, compact, full size) without having to go through an FFL. The serial # is the gun! This might work great for those who like the gun, but may want to change the grip size or caliber without the hassle.

The one I purchased is a 9mm compact. It comes with night sights, holds 15+1 rounds and weighs just 25 oz. The action is Double Action only, but it has one of the smoothest, lightest DA triggers I ever shot. The only gun I have that even comes close to being similar to this trigger is a gun I had converted from a S&W model 10 to a steel plate gun and has over 10,000 rounds through it!

The trigger breaks very predictably, so it's very easy to get a steady hold right before the gun goes off. Ergonomics are superb!

All in all, I am quite pleased with this gun, and I'm sure I will be for a long time to come.

Too light for heavy work, too heavy for light work!

pb

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array mr surveyor's Avatar
    the concept of the P250 is really ingeneous, in my opinion. I've been toying with the idea of getting the "Two-Fer" offer myself. My gunshop buddy has had a few P250's in the shop in the last year or so, and got one of the early delivered "Two-Fer" packages in a couple of months ago. On close inspection we found that it could be possible to damage the trigger bar spring (exposed on right rear of fire control mechanism) upon installing the fire control mechanism in the grip frame. Otherwise, with all the options available, it should be like kaving a custom shop at your finger tips. Be careful when you strip it down to an empty poly grip frame.

Glad to hear of your success.

surv

Congratulations!! As you said, the p250 has good ergonomics and is very nice to shoot.
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

Distinguished Member Array XD 45's Avatar
    good buy with getting a SIG
    XD .45, Glock 23, Mossberg 590A, M&P 15 Rossi 641, RIA 1911

If You Want To Know The Mind Of A Man Listen To His Words

I love my p250c
    Springfield Armory XD 9mm service
    Sig Sauer P250c 9mm

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." Ted Nugent

GM
    Congrats on the new SIG and thank you for the report. Enjoy!
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

I picked up one of the 2SUMs about a month ago and have been pretty happy with it. I really like the form of the subcompact, but the full-size in 9mm feels a little strange (I want a bigger round for the bigger frame). I've heard through the grapevine that SIG has a .40 S&W version of the 2SUM coming out sometime in the not so distant future, so maybe that'd be better for future buyers.

As for me, I'm thinking I'll order one of the .40 S&W compact conversion kits so I can have something that's a little bigger frame with a little bigger bullet. I like the two-tone too, so it'll probably be one of those if I can find it. Anyone tried ordering the conversion kits from SIG?

I love my p250c in 9mm. Looking at purchasing a 40 cal conversion kit if I can find one in stock anywhere.

Links