Springer Precision & XD's

This is a discussion on Springer Precision & XD's within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Evening, folks! I just wanted to share with any XD owners out there considering a trigger job my experience with Springer Precision. Scott was an ...

Thread: Springer Precision & XD's

Springer Precision & XD's

Evening, folks!

I just wanted to share with any XD owners out there considering a trigger job my experience with Springer Precision. Scott was an excellent fellow to work with throughout the whole affair. He responded very quickly to any and all questions in a generous manner, explaining various things to me without that "annoyed tone" to his typing. So alone on Customer service, I rate him at an A plus.
    I had him do a 3lb trigger on my XD which also reduced the travel and reset and crisped up the break. His turn around was just short of astounding, less than 2 days! That's right, I shipped on Tuesday, he recieved weds and shipped thursday, I recieved it on friday.
    After breaking her down to peek inside and giving her a nice bath to remove any possible leftovers, I took her out for a test drive. It was like a brand new pistol! Take-up was reduced to about 1/8" and the break came out right at the 3lbs I requested. Reset was also at about 1/8". Now all this is from a trigger that normally felt like a 1/4 MILE takeup with a muscle contracting 9lb break. The neatest part to the whole deal is the fact that his work is fully reversable unlike a few others out there offering trigger jobs.
    Satisfied? Of course I am, and in MHO, I believe he is going to make quite an impact in an XD's overall preformance. As for the prices he charges combined with the amazing turnaround, he is surely beating out a few others. This is not meant to slight any other 'smiths out there, but merely based on my personal experience with Springer. He charges $100 for 3lb and up, a touch more for less than 3lbs and offers multiple weapon discounts for those with more than one or groups. Unfortunately, at this time he doesn't have a website but is working on it. His contact info is:

Scott Springer
    Springer Precision
    20791 Egypt Drive
    Bend, OR 97701
    541-480-5546

Sorry to make such a long post, but for the amazing value he offers, I felt it was the least I could do. Mods please feel free to move this if you believe it is warranted.

Trace
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.
    -- Ben Franklin, 1759 --

Texas XD Practical Shooters Association

2. Remove Ads

Thanks for the kind words, the website is up now, but not complete.

http://www.springerprecision.com

Always good to learn about a great XD guy. I will keep this info in my little black book.

Ex Member Array one eyed fatman's Avatar
    That site has been bookmarked.

Links