Can't decide on next gun(s)

This is a discussion on Can't decide on next gun(s) within the Defensive Carry Guns forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Although I have several handguns, (ranging from .380 to .45 ACP) to choose from for daily carry and range time, I have fallen in love ...

Thread: Can't decide on next gun(s)

Distinguished Member Array orangevol's Avatar

Can't decide on next gun(s)

Although I have several handguns, (ranging from .380 to .45 ACP) to choose from for daily carry and range time, I have fallen in love with my 2 Glocks, a 27 and 22 RTF2.

I have enough funds set aside to add 2 more Glocks to my rotation. I'm looking at the 17 or 19 RTF2 since I do not currently have a 9mm in my line-up. I like the fact the 19 is small enough to carry, yet large enough to be comfortable at the range, so I leaning more towards the 19 over the 17. The cheaper ammo would make range trips, (once a month) easier on the wallet.

My delima is whether to add a G 23 RTF2 OR hang on to the extra funds and stick with just adding the G 19 for now. I usually carry my G 27 and wouldn't have a problem carrying a 23, I'm just having a hard time deciding if it makes sense get the 23 since I already have a 22 and 27.

What I do not want to do is get the 23 with a 9mm conversion barrel.
    Proud NRA member

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I'd get the G19... and not look back...
    "Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas!".... Sam Houston

Retired LEO
    Firearms Instructor
    NRA Life Member

Can't go wrong with the 19. I bought one and have carried it every day since.
    Colt New Agent, Dan Wesson V-Bob, Glock 19,20SF, 23, 26, 27, 29, 30SF, 36, Kahr P380 w/CT, PM9, PM45, CW9(SOLD), Kel-Tec P32, P3AT, PF9(SOLD), Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II, Stainless Pro TLE/RL II (SOLD), Rohrbaugh R9s, Ruger LCP w/CT, LCR, SP101 S&W J-Frame 638 w/CT, M&P 340 w/CT, Walther PPK/S

The Glock-19 is definitely at the top of my 'buy and carefully get it into the house' list...

The Glock-19 is among the best of the best...get it!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Forget the Glocks and buy a new Kimber Stainless Raptor. I held one at the gun show last weekend and I'm in love...
    "Get out of my dreams and into my Kahr"

http://designlinetx.com/

Glock 19 and add a set of XS Big Dots................You won't regret it.
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

That 19 is what I would have bought...If hadnt latched on to a 23 first. The 19 is one of the best CCW out there...period.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Quote Originally Posted by orangevol View Post
    Although I have several handguns, (ranging from .380 to .45 ACP) to choose from for daily carry and range time, I have fallen in love with my 2 Glocks, a 27 and 22 RTF2.

I have enough funds set aside to add 2 more Glocks to my rotation. I'm looking at the 17 or 19 RTF2 since I do not currently have a 9mm in my line-up. I like the fact the 19 is small enough to carry, yet large enough to be comfortable at the range, so I leaning more towards the 19 over the 17. The cheaper ammo would make range trips, (once a month) easier on the wallet.

My delima is whether to add a G 23 RTF2 OR hang on to the extra funds and stick with just adding the G 19 for now. I usually carry my G 27 and wouldn't have a problem carrying a 23, I'm just having a hard time deciding if it makes sense get the 23 since I already have a 22 and 27.

What I do not want to do is get the 23 with a 9mm conversion barrel.
    I'm definately going to go pick up the 19 RTF2 this afternoon. My main question was if you already had a G 22 and G 27 would you add the 23 as well? I have funds for 2.
    Proud NRA member

The Glock-19 is definitely at the top of my 'buy and carefully get it into the house' list...
    Don't we all have those lists. It's like a puppy, once it's home there's nothing she can do about it.
    2A is not negotiable

GLOCK 19 if you are really wanting to add a caliber to try to find ammo for. I'm not saying you shouldn't. I had .38's, .357's, .32 acp, .25 acp, and .45 acp to choose from, but when it came to choosing a great all purpose gun I chose to struggle with finding 9mm to feed my GLOCK 19. I am so glad I did, hell it's easier to find and cheaper than .45 acp.

joker
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

SL271794.JPG

SL271797.JPG

Here's the new addition to the family, my new G 19 RTF2 (yes with GILLS!) LE pkg with 3 mags.

She looks comfortable snuggled between my G 22 RTF2 and G 27. I'll introduce her to the rest of the family later this week.

Thanks for the feedback, the gun shop did not have the G23 LE pkg today and I'm still on the fence about getting one when they come in.
    Proud NRA member

Links